Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Private Messages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Riddick

Riddick

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Guns: TM M4 Recoil
    TM AK102 Recoil
    G&P M16/M203
    G&P XM177E2
    TM/G&P M3 super 90
    TM Glock 17
been in conversation with a user about a gun i'm selling, and it won't let me send him messages

it keeps coming up with 'IPS Drive error' then 'there appears to be an error with the database' and then something to do with refreshing the page

anyone else getting this, or know of a way to solve it?

thanks

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Thanks for letting me know, it was a global problem. All fixed now, time for bed :lol:

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Few changes to the PM system today, please let me know ASAP if you have any issues so I can roll-back to where we were.

Thanks guys.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Is there any way we can allow people with a higher postcount more inbox space? My inbox regularly gets full within minutes when the forums are active...It's a pain, especially when I may want to keep messages from sales for the sake of having legally binding evidence should things go awry.

I appreciate newbies may only need 50, but real regulars could do with a bit more imho

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I find it amazing to believe it can be filled in minutes, I only have 600 odd PM's in mine since the forums started.

I've upped it to 100, which should allow plenty of space for sales considering 1 PM can hold the whole conversation if the quotes are kept in there. In the future there will be a way to gain unlimited space but it will come with other benefits too.

Cheers.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
I can appreciate that people can cut down the need for extra messages by way of quoting, but a lot of members don't observe proper spelling and grammar, let alone proper "forums etiquette" but also, its useful to keep hold of old messages pertain to perhaps a messy sale as legal evidence, quoted text wouldn't be worth anything, but a message on the system would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users