Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Loadout Advice!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

• Guns: JG G36C

• Loadouts: British DPM
    Black South African Assault Vest
    Magnum Assault Boots
Hi guys!

Since i'm kinda new to airsoft, I was hoping you could give some advice on what sort of loadout I'd need for my first few skirmishes.

Don't worry about the weapon side of it, That's getting sorted :D

I just wanna Know what Sort Of Equipment i'd need To get Going?

Thanks!

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Boots, eye pro (unless provided) gun, bb's, bdu's

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
Thankyou :)

Got some boots today for cheap!

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
Basically:

Boots
Decent eye/face protection
comfy darkish clothes

thats it, don't worry about anything else till you have been a few times.

Then you can decide what you want to do, go cheap and cheerful with some army surplus DPM/Flecktarn, or Gucci with a full loadout from top end manufacturers that you pay an arm and a leg for. Airsoft is what you make it, but above all it should be FUN!

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
Groovy!

I have all those already :)

Some people that i have spoken to have also said that a secondary weapon would be essential?

Is this true? Will i actually need one?

I doubt it for now, but will I?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I wouldn't describe it as essential. As long as you keep an eye on how much you've got left and don't run into action with a near empty mag etc. you'll be fine.

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
okay, I'll try not to get TOO carried away ;)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I have a secondary but I still rarely use it, it'd be a waste of money so early on

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
TBh the only time I have seen people use a secondary is in the bit between games when they should be listning to the briefing!

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
or back to respawn cus they fought they could kill the 4 guys with rifles alone with there sidearm...

I would say
Eye protection
gun (obviously)
Boots (or decent trainers if your playing indoors on VERY flat ground)
Darkish clothes or camo (i reccomend DPM, less than a tenner, really good in the UK)
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
My advice:

What the others have said basically. When you get a bit more experiance get yourself some decent load carrying kit, it's much better than keeping all your stuff in pockets. You can go cheap or expensive.

As for the sidearm it's not nessassary when you first start. Your're better off spending the money on spare mags :)
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
okay, would 2 spare mags be enough to think?

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
Should be plenty, though a cheapo assault vest to carry them in would probably fit the bill quite well.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
Or a belt rig would be quite good... you can get a MOLLE belt or you can just use a normal belt with MOLLE pouches... a belt a double mag pouch and perhaps a utility pouch shouldnt cost you any more than 30-35 if you are getting brands such as Bulle and Viper (Both very good entrance level brands... not the best but they sure are good...

Heres some links:
Decent Belt - http://www.flecktarn...k/dpwwb1ux.html
MOLLE Belt - http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=110574269427
Double Mag pouch (one over the other) - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustmp3nx.html
Double Mag pouch (side by side) - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustmg2nx.html
Utility Pouch - http://flecktarn.co.uk/ustut7nx.html

Flecktarn is a great website for gear... some people may disagree but I personally think Bulle are one of the best brands out there, there cheap, high quality, and reliable... Airsoft International (The big airsoft magazine) often praises them (and flecktarn) On the other hand Viper is good and cheap, used my security guards as well as airsofters...
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I dont think he needs all that if he hasnt even skirmished yet...

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
Bat Hat, while i appreciated every single thing you have suggested (And they're tip top suggestions), I am gonna have to agree with Marksman.

However i'm sure in the future when i have a little more experience, they do look like good things to invest in :) So thanks :) Even if they aren't important now, They will be in the future!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

or back to respawn cus they thought they could kill the 4 guys with rifles alone with their sidearm...

Some people might not be able to, But I can.
and regularly do.

for the first few games, try and see if people will let you have a feel of different rigs/guns etc to see what you like, weather there are certain things you like or dislike about certain setups, then taylor a MOLLE rig to suit YOU.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

M.T.A.A

M.T.A.A

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Magnum Assault Boots
okay, When i go to an Airsoft site, What sort of games styles would they play? I imagine, depending on the game, your loadout may need to differ?

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

okay, When i go to an Airsoft site, What sort of games styles would they play? I imagine, depending on the game, your loadout may need to differ?

At times, you may decide to take off parts of your gear. I know that sometimes Joe (The Leprechaun) removes his webbing and rig, for comfort - but I've only ever seen him do that when he's had to play static and hug the ground for very long periods of time.
Whenever I have to play sneaky which luckily is a very rare occurance (I'm usually forced into it), I might ditch part of my kit - as my loadout isn't really suited to sneaking around. I have on a few occasions left the LSW and chest-rig somewhere safe (either the safezone, or with team-mates holding a position) and then gone out with my sidearm and an extra mag. Alternatively, and for practical reasons, I might take my LSW, 1 magazine and leave my rig and sidearm behind.

You build your kit up based on what how you play and what you need. Your loadout helps maximise what you can do in a game. It's unlikely that you'll have to change your loadout due to the game - but it can happen, you may find something isn't suitable for that game.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
In my humble opinion, I wouldn't wear something that I consider uncomfortable or impractical for extended periods of time.

All my gear (bar my holster, but that's not really a necessity) is comfortable to wear, and reasonably easy to move in/sling weapons from. It's not particularly expensive (A Molle plate carrier from china and 5 Bulle M14 mag pouches, 1 admin panel with pistol mag pouch and a small utility pouch) and I use a webtex camelback. It's reasonably carefully picked, and if I don't think it'll be confortable wearing it for the whole day I don't use it.

Last skirmish, I even wanted to wear it home but PC's and camelbacks make riding in cars awkward work.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users