Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tips for Stirling Selection

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: TM AK102
    TM M14
    ICS M4 CXP
    Socom Wilson Combat 1911
    KWA Mac11
    KWA lock
    STAR MiniME

• Loadouts: Russian
    Urban
    Black
Hey all!

From what I know by the people that have done this it is not the same as a real SAS selection.
Stirling selection is a watered down version that is a challenge for people that want to give themselves something to aim for.
It doesn't' really have much to do with Airsoft as such.

It's more about personal challenge and goals.

Don't expect a weekend airsofting!
I'm not sure you'll even fire a weapon.

I've played the Blackhill Farm site with them and it's hardcore enough without the selection!
If you do decided to do it good luck!

J

Jacob Wright

Jacob Wright

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

• Guns: WE 1911 "Sienna"
    WE G39c Custom "Lucy"
    TM L96 AWS "Emily"

• Loadouts: MTP Shorts and a T-Shirt
    Combat Troos and a Shirt
    US Marshal Special Operations Group

• Sites: Viking Airsoft
    Finmere
    AWA (You weren't there.....and no longer am I)
    Tier 1
f*ck me! I just checked this post after about a year since I posted it and was amazed with some of the replies!

I will point out a fair few of the Stirling blokes are serving or ex-forces and they prefer it to skirmishing - I personally can't stand being told about tactics by a kid who can barely hold the weapon never mind use it lol!

I can see why some people might think of it as sad but hey - freedom of speech!

OneOneBravo
The Offshore Outlaw

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
some may say that sterling selection is sad.........but to say it is coz they take it to the next level, would be the same as saying that every one else is sad, coz its 13-40yo's playing with toy guns all dressed up trying to be the real thing.......and that airsofters pride themselfs on the fact that they can be more realistic then paintball......yet when a team of ex-sas come along and say........."we got the real deal here" you then say too much?. why is that.

after seeing that, i actually want to do it myself. i plan on doing it myself actually.
its not so much the whole i want to be in the army, for me its more the fact, its giving you basic combat training. with out the need to sign up for the army for 3 years risk getting killed.
thats my two sense any way.

Posted Image

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
Just from reading the posts on here I think it sounds pretty cool.

A physical and mental challenge, but combined with airsoft! Is there actually a better sounding thing at all?

I love playing Battlefield PR and having to throw smoke grenades to cross roads, preparing for every eventuality etc etc.

I think it sounds really exciting, at least there you won't get idiotic, cheat calling, 5 year old brats and if you do, you can watch them fail, that's probably about as satisfying as giving them that punch in the face you always wanted to.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

bornleverpuller

bornleverpuller

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

• Guns: None

• Loadouts: None

• Sites: Exploring the sites of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire
Did anyone ever do this in the end?

Just seen it when having a look at another Stirling event not thinking about doing it but does anyone have any idea how far the running is In the six hour time limit?

Jambo88

Jambo88

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• Guns: G&G M4
Looks fun but I'm a geek. What do you win at the end?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users