Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My attepmt at dyeing hessian!!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

• Guns: Magpul Masada ACR
    TM XDM.40
    Ares AM-01 "not the honey badger"

• Loadouts: woodland BDU
    webtex concealment vest
Ok I know that I said to Liam porter that I would make a thread showing how to dye hessian tape after some research and hunting around for the right equipment I have gotten some hessian tape and some dye that "should" work. I have currently taken a small sample piece of it just to test the die and see if the hessian is treated or un-treated as treated hessian won't take the die. If all goes well I will buy a few meters worth tomorrow and I will have it done by tomorrow evening just in time for Combat Souths summer evening game on Wednesday.

Here is a few images of the dyes I am going to use:

Dylon Choclate brown dye I wanted woodland brown but they didnt have any: Brown
Dylon Velvet Black dye: Black
Dylon olive green this is the only olive they had left theres not much of it but thats life: olive green

And the sample piece of the hessian which I'm going to add a before and after ordeal to:

Before: http://i563.photobuc...b3a7b0-orig.jpg

I got more hessian today quite a lot of it in fact:

hessina cloth

and this is the results so far I'm going to dye it now:

stage 1 with hessian

The suit with the base layer pretty much done just need to shorten some of it and then shred it:

Visit My Website
I'm now in love with Finnius for helping me find my stock

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

• Guns: Magpul Masada ACR
    TM XDM.40
    Ares AM-01 "not the honey badger"

• Loadouts: woodland BDU
    webtex concealment vest
ok updated with a bit more and by the end of the night or in the morning ill have the dyed version of it all.
I'm now in love with Finnius for helping me find my stock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users