Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

how do you rate ares/star ? anygood

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

onion

onion

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Guns: G&G m4 , G&P m13 a3

• Loadouts: British dpm , Webtex assult vest , viper tac goggles
hi people , not been on in a while , but i need some advice about a new gun , im looking for a m16 , and was going to buy the ares 1 on thursday , any reasons why i shouldnnt ??
Harrys the name - Airsofts the game! G&P m16
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
yes, ares are crap, the only good things they make are gas sniper rifles and l85's
their guns tend to be terrible

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
G&P are best for armalites (or so i have heard) so get them, ARES and STAR have plastic internals
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
ARES/Star's SA80 range is perfect externally. You'd be hard pressed to find a difference between one and the real deal.
Internally?
Not impressed. Credit where it's due, they made the first successful SA80 AEGs, much like the TM FAMAS (before that, you had the Academy L85 plastic contraption...). Taking them apart is a nightmare, something I'm glad I've only watched and not had to do (and was the deciding reason for me taking ICS instead).
For example - on ICS/G&G, removing the reciever take-down pins and splitting the chassis allows you to get to work on the barrel/hop/gearbox. This isn't the same for S/A - to start working on the gun you need to undo a fair few screws and bolts.
The LSW suffers from a bendy/flexing barrel, as it is very loosely fitted to the chassis.
When they're running properly, they are a joy to use (aside from above LSW issue). But if you get a lemon (which is possible, this is S/A afterall) - boy do you have a lemon.

Armalites? I would say TM or G&P.
Wide choice for parts, fairly reliable and good to use (I really enjoyed using the G&P M16A3).
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

onion

onion

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

• Guns: G&G m4 , G&P m13 a3

• Loadouts: British dpm , Webtex assult vest , viper tac goggles
yeah cheers i think il go for a g&p
Harrys the name - Airsofts the game! G&P m16
<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

M_P