Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battery Life

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
How long do batteries last, do you, or, should you take a spare battery to a skirmish?

More specifically how long would the battery last that comes with this gun

Would it be advisable to buy a better battery?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I take three but normally only use one.
I think normally the mah is roughly- very roughly how many shots u get

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
IIRC you get 2-2.5 shots per mah.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
As above, it varies from one to two and a bit shots per MAh; dependant on gearbox strain, battery quality etc.

The battery that comes with that gun is probably 1100MAh; I don't like to go to a skirmish with less than 3000MAh, but usually only use one battery.

Being part of the CA value package, it'll probably of decent/average quality so will probably get you about 1500 rounds at a total guess.

I'd buy a second at some point anyways just in case. If you're playing at the grange/honiley, they'll quick charge your battery for you between games if it runs out anyways, a lot of sites do the same.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

How long does the quick charge take?

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
It depends on the type of battery, but not long for the smaller ones; generally if you stick it on charge when the game ends, there'll be enough juice to play the next game. It'd certainly charge completely over the lunch break (start the day fully charged, then stick it on charge over lunch and you should definitely be fine).

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Assuming you get a decent enough charger then generally just over the hour from flat.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

It would be the charger in the link above, I may get another battery/charger for my birthday, hopefully before my next skirmish

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
You only get a cheapy trickle charger in with that. For 10 - 15 you can get a good smart(fast) charger.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

Could you point one out?

Preferably off of zero one or action hobbies

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
http://component-sho...t_chargers.html

If you want it to be around the hour mark then for 2,000mah or below batteries the 1000/2000 charger will do, else go for the 3000.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

Is the battery alright, is it just a charger I need to get or should I get a better battery as well, I am going to get another battery as well just in case?

Wizard

Wizard

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Guns: M4, Mk23, DE pump-action shotgun

• Loadouts: Simple DPM set, always carrying grenades.
A battery with greater capacity (mAh) is always a boon, but when buying you have to be careful that it will fit into the available space. The ones on component-shop.co.uk have dimension info.

Also, be careful not to over-volt your motor.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts
As above. More MAh = more shooting.

The battery that comes with the gun should be decent; it may be a CA Sportline, but it's still CA and that's more than can be said for chinese batteries (I daresay the battery will be standard CA quality). It's always worth having a second battery anyways; you never know when a battery will go down; for what, 15? It can't hurt to get one, even if you barely use it.

Wizard

Wizard

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Guns: M4, Mk23, DE pump-action shotgun

• Loadouts: Simple DPM set, always carrying grenades.
This post is totally anally retentive, but I'm like that.

These batteries are rated in mAh, specifically, not MAh. The reason for this is that the case of the 'm' indicates the scale of the rating.

mAh (lower case m) means milliamp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a milliamp, which is a thousandth of an amp.
MAh (upper case M) means mega-amp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a mega amp, which is a million amps.

Of course you'll never find a MAh battery at this scale, so the distinction really is kind of irrelevant, but it bugs me.

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

Thanks

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

This post is totally anally retentive, but I'm like that.

These batteries are rated in mAh, specifically, not MAh. The reason for this is that the case of the 'm' indicates the scale of the rating.

mAh (lower case m) means milliamp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a milliamp, which is a thousandth of an amp.
MAh (upper case M) means mega-amp hours, or the duration of the battery when drawing a mega amp, which is a million amps.

Of course you'll never find a MAh battery at this scale, so the distinction really is kind of irrelevant, but it bugs me.

I sucked at electronics, I was really only in it for melting solder into little balls...

Good to know :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users