Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Had an idea!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

• Guns: Magpul Masada ACR
    TM XDM.40
    Ares AM-01 "not the honey badger"

• Loadouts: woodland BDU
    webtex concealment vest

I think thats fair enough, or perhaps just one person edits it, so if someone makes a change to it, people could send the new text to that one person to change

That way, one person collects all of the parts from everyone and puts them all together for the final piece, that way it won't get vandalised

I think the problem with using one person is that if they leave the site or something like that it will be a problem plus the information could take a long time to come up if that person cant get on so a small team of 2-3 would be best.

And can this forum support embedded Youtube videos?

As I was thinking of adding a video tutorial section as well to help better explain/show things.

And I guess having someone I trust running this like Dave would be best Im not gunning for glory with this and I don't want all the attention for it but what I do want is to be able to help out with it and make this a great feature on the site does that sound fair to you?
I'm now in love with Finnius for helping me find my stock

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I'm happy for you to do it but a group of you need to club together to do it. You need to figure out a way of doing that.

For it to pass as an 'official guide' it would need to be well written i.e.:

- Easy to read
- Not huge walls of text (people just won't read them)
- Similar style of writing and layout throughout, it can't just seem like a load of information mashed together
- Writing must be to the point and spelling, grammar and sentence structure needs to be top notch
- The information needs to be correct and futureproof (mentioning brands isn't easy, JG for example used to be recommended but now people would find them hard to come by)
- The information needs to be in a logical order, and you need to consider everything as if you were a new player (try and forget what you know)
- Current guides and FAQ's especially on VCRA need to be looked at so you don't miss anything

That probably isn't all but you've got a fair task on your hands if you want to do it.

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

TM XDM.40

webtex concealment vest
Hey Devastator I just want you to know I totally agree with what your saying and in-case it sounded like I was complaining I wasn't. And I know that if we were to work on it and just keep getting thrown back and forth between you or someone you chose to check the information over we can come up with a solid guide to airsofting. maybe if we appoint one person in specific to be the head guide checker and then pass it to him/her every time something is changed we can insure consistency and effeteness as well as keeping the guide looking good.

I know this will take weeks of work to perfect but I'm willing to help out as often as possible.

Tungsten

Tungsten

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

• Guns: Current:
    A&K M60E4
    TM G3 SG1

• Loadouts: Marpat BDU Trousers
    Webtex Olive Drab Jacket
    Black Issue Army Boots

I would love to be involved in this.
Buying:
- A&K Box Magazines

Selling:
- SAS Coveralls
- Viper Hong Kong Police Vest
- Viper RH Holster
- Viper utility Belt
- Various M4 Parts
- Ares M60 Feed tray w/o rail
- Faulty JG AUG

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
This forum does support Youtube videos - you can use the tags
[youtube]url to video here[/youtube]

You want to be looking at building up a list of people who put their names down here. You need to build up some kind of criteria though i.e. 2 years of airsofting min, maybe a min age etc.

Dave, Marksman and Tungsten have shown interest. There are certainly a few other knowledgable people on here, bigshep, Cyrax, kejot, Cerbo Knight, Alex Gale, Nex and Finius just to name a few (sorry if you felt missed out :P). Whilst some might not want to add anything to the guide it would be crucial you try and get these kind of guys on board.

The rest of the mod team and I will probably read it over when it is nearing completion. I have worked out how it can be posted up on here.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Ok, dev can I put a thread up to seek people who stew interested. Or shall we just let people post in here

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
It might be nicer to let skillfulmmd do that as he has been pushing for this. Feel free to give him a hand since you have been on the forum a few months longer though.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
fair enough :)

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

TM XDM.40

webtex concealment vest
Ok thanks a lot dev that's great to help well maybe using a a large scale pm to all the people listed would be a great help, I was thinking we could list the main sections of the guide and let people pick out the bits of information they are most suited to and then working what we have and what we need how does that sound to you guys?

And what do you guys think about using video guides for some stuff like lets say for example a text guide of how to fit a scope with images and video I know it may sound a bit patronizing to some people but it does assure everyone reading will have no problems.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
You could always arrange a time to meet on the chat.

Airsofter123

Airsofter123

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Guns: JG MP5A4
    CA M15A4
    AA L85A2
    WE L96A1
    TM M92F
    UHC .357

• Loadouts: Phantom Plate Carrier
    Cargo Pants
    A T-Shirt...
I see you're already underway with working out what actually needs to be in it. I think after that you just need to give sections out to whoever volunteers. Then it's a matter of editing it to make sure the writing style is consistent etc. I do like the idea of video guides, they do work a lot better than trying to explain (especially for stuff such as gearbox info).

There have been quite a few tries at this and tbh they've all failed, but if this worked it'd be great :D

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I think devs idea is the vest way, it'll be easier for everyone i think

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

TM XDM.40

webtex concealment vest

I think devs idea is the vest way, it'll be easier for everyone i think

By that you mean everyone meeting on the chat?

If so ill PM a time and date and if any one cant make it ill try and speak to them over pm or other means of communication.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Yeah, get a set time and then everyone who is interested can meet in the chat
now we just need a date and time :)

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

TM XDM.40

webtex concealment vest

Yeah, get a set time and then everyone who is interested can meet in the chat
now we just need a date and time :)

Well if I can finish the entire list of stuff that needs to be added and reshuffle whats already been carved out by tonight/tomorrow we can go for as early as tomorrow night or whenever after. Ill Pm ill interested asking them the best times for them and ill try and come up with a time to suit everyone.

and before I continue if you look back over the list so far marksman can you see anything that could be added other than edited?

Regards,
Mark.C

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
No, it looks like it's all there- I think you did a good job on that mate.
but yeah, try and get the times for the chat as soon as you can so we all know when to be online :)

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
I will put something together, but it wont be great...

Might be worth talking to Alex gale too, he has dine some player guides

Not all of them are his :P i wrote a few for him too...
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
just a thought, it'd be useful to addd in a full cleaning guide with pictures too

skillfulmmd

skillfulmmd

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

TM XDM.40

webtex concealment vest
Well I have still got some more to add to it and some more that need to be edited but ill try my best to finish it tonight as I got work tomorrow from 9-6ish so ill be on after that as well but I can eddited and speak a bit on my phone as well.

What times you free marksman and what are your main skills?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Im free anytime, just let me know lol

surprisingly enough i am a marksman lol so i can do anyhting to do with marksmen etc. so dmr's what to put in them, what stuff to put on them
Ill take anything really, ive been playing for ages so I know a fair bit if u know what I mean

I'll happily do anything tbh- although I'd like to do this section

Section 1.1 - a beginners guide to airsoft part 2
-first gun
-basic gear explained
-hand signals and basic communication
-where to buy

I can use a lot of my guide already for that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users