Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

"Rep"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
So, I searched but didnt see any previous suggestions/ information about a rep(utation) system.

I thought i read somewhere we have a new system in place, but I dont know.

Has the site got one? If no, I have a few positive reason, if yes, could you point it out to me!

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Not too sure if this is along the lines of what you're thinking of?

http://www.airsoft-f...?showtopic=2178

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
Ahh yes, managed to miss that one.

I see the problem. I was thinking along the lines that you could tell how good a seller/buyer was by their rep, or how reliable someones information was by whether other people rated their posts highly.

Shows appreciated for posts that have taken a long time to write and taken a lot of thought.

But, it can be spammed. Thanks anyways Dev.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Would anyone be interested in rep being given out for clear/generally good posts? As a bit of a "bonus" for people who take the time to write good reviews and guides/generally be helpful etc?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
yeah, i think that is a good idea.... although i guess its because you just want to write a guide on the vcra lol :P :lol:

but it would give a reward to people who are helpful, so im all for it

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Given the access to equipment, I'd write guides on everything xD

But no, seriously, a lot of people contribute in major ways, AlexGale writes his guides, it'd be a bit of recognition for that sorta thing..

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I agree because I know this awesome guy called marksman who wrote an amazing beginners guide.....
:P :lol: :P

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Maybe at a mod / people with X amount of posts have the option to give the thumbs?

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
yeah, thats a good idea, save people spamming the rep system.

lemon191

lemon191

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

• Guns: CM16 GBB
    JG M733
    TM AK47
    CYMA G18c
    AA R85A1

• Loadouts: ACU/UCP
    DPM
    DDPM

• Sites: Close Action
bit of a bump but imo the rep/thanks system isnt really needed as on every other forum that ive seen these on it just gets spammed and treated like the facebook like button where people click it for pretty much everything. however ive seen something called itrader on other forums which is only for selling/buying its basicly the same as ebay feedback but it allows people to put a good or bad comment on a transaction which goes on that persons profile making it easy for people to view if they are wanting to buy/sell with this person

liam

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
Im with lemon191.

Individual posts, no, its too much trouble. But buying and selling yes. In my research for getting money back, I found a few websites had systems where by sellers had to have 100 posts before they could post in the for sale section.

This is a win win surely. You get the extra traffic for 100 posts, if they sell something on their 101st post, or are only spamming the forums, its a good sign they are a scammer and you can block them. Saves everyone some trouble. If you are interested in the sport and not just making money then 100 posts isnt hard.

Also, a seller feedback system that is easy to see at a glance would be cool, much like ebays.

lemon191

lemon191

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

JG M733
    TM AK47
    CYMA G18c
    AA R85A1

DPM
    DDPM

Im with lemon191.

Individual posts, no, its too much trouble. But buying and selling yes. In my research for getting money back, I found a few websites had systems where by sellers had to have 100 posts before they could post in the for sale section.

This is a win win surely. You get the extra traffic for 100 posts, if they sell something on their 101st post, or are only spamming the forums, its a good sign they are a scammer and you can block them. Saves everyone some trouble. If you are interested in the sport and not just making money then 100 posts isnt hard.

Also, a seller feedback system that is easy to see at a glance would be cool, much like ebays.

the limiting the for sale section to 100 posts is something id only do if the site has a genuine problem with constant scams etc not just the odd person. 100 posts are not hard to get but on a small forum getting to a 100 would take some time without being seen as a spammer or asking the same questions which already have answers to. also i am new to the forum and the sport the for sale section could be valuable at buying cheaper gear to start up with not being able to access that could hinder some new members or even send them away from the website which is not what you want.
the feedback system is what itrader is, on your profile it will show comments from the other parties involved and underneath your avatar it shows how many transactions you have had and what percentage of that was poitive for quick reference
its not fool proof and there are ways to cheat that system but its normaly very obvious on closer inspection e.g. that person has sold to 3 or 4 people all of which dont have a single post and signed up the same day and mods can check ip addresses.
what it looks like on your profile for anyone who doesnt know
Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Putting a post limit on just encourages people to spam their way to it or not bother at all. If we wish to gain traffic we have to be seen as 'cool' which means keeping things free and open.

We have a feedback system already:
http://www.airsoft-f...tocom=tt_trader

lemon191

lemon191

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

JG M733
    TM AK47
    CYMA G18c
    AA R85A1

DPM
    DDPM

Putting a post limit on just encourages people to spam their way to it or not bother at all. If we wish to gain traffic we have to be seen as 'cool' which means keeping things free and open.

We have a feedback system already:
http://www.airsoft-f...tocom=tt_trader

ah didnt see the link up top its not very obvious what it is unless you click it or are told its there though.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
If you do happen to enter a trade, then when the seller posts saying that the item has been sold, I remind those involved to leave feedback. This will lead you to the feedback forum (or the link at the top) and there is a sticky at the top of the feedback forum telling users to use this.

It is also in the classifieds rules that users should leave feedback.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I don't think this is really nessasary. If anything the rating system on the profiles (with the stars) coyld be implemented into your profile in each post if that makes any sense. For example on Devastator's last post with his info on the left under the bit that says adminastrator you could have the 5 star rating thing.

Just an idea :)
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
In all fairness its only of use to new people, after you read a few posts you click on quickly who the retards are and who write the good stuff.

Posted Image

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
There isn't really any need for anything like this anyway
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users