Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Events Calendar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
Straight out with it; I'd like to see a forum, or calendar or something, where people can post events they're going to.

I know there's tons of awesome events throughout the year; weekenders, milsim, special game days etc. And I love them, when I can get to them, but never know anyone and find it hard to track them down; it seems whatever site I look up, they advertise very little, so I rely on forum discussion.

If we had a thread-per-event sort of setup, it'd also allow people to discuss lift sharing, which would be greatly helpful; I don't drive, and many younger members don't either (just a guess), but I would be willing to pay for my share of petrol and a little bit extra for the inconvinience of picking me up, or meeting me somewhere kinda thing. Even if it was just meeting someone at a trainstation near to the site and they came fifteen minutes from wherever to get me, it'd help a lot.

The idea is by no means perfect, so people, please feel free to comment or just plain slaughter what I've put :) But I just thought it might be something to think about :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I like this idea, maybe, don't just have it for events- put it on for game days too, so people can see if others are playing at their regular sites etc too.
good idea

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
We already have a calendar but no one uses it:

http://www.airsoft-f...hp?act=Calendar

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
A forum may work better then.

It seems to be one of those features like Chat.

Brilliant idea, but neglected because people (especially me) tend to skim read the list of forums; infact I only just discovered that chat exists :/

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Looks like I should start my chat advertisement campaign again :P

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I can see your point but I can see it sat as a forum with not much happening in it apart from people saying they're going airsoft this weekend at such and such skirmish site which everyone already knew about.

Also pretty hard for us to compete with something like this:
http://www.airsoftcalendar.info/

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I've had an idea-
How about under where it says: guns owned and gear/ camo under our profile on our posts, we could have a 'next skirmish' where people could put places and dates.
If people don't want to use it, they won't have to.
As I say though. Just and idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users