Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What do you do to keep fit?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Ixil

Ixil

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Guns: A kitchen knife,
    Screwdriver,
    A curved claw Hammer

• Loadouts: A striped pajama.
I do rowing and cycle everywhere. Dont really like doing my ergs in the Gym but hey its just 15-30m 2-3 times a week :P. The rest is outing on the water. Keeps me pretty fit, still I think I don't do enough as I don't keep any diet. Eat whatever I like and whenever I like.
I am no weaker than anyone in my crew but when you row or cycle or just sit down your tummy shows up.

I think its keeping fit its just doing what you like, you should make your own program and stick to it. For example I'd rather spend 3hours doing weights in a poorly air conditioned Gym rather than run 1 mile. I hate running.

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui G-spec, 5 x CA Scar -H, 5 x CA SA58, 10 x CA AK47, 10 x CA AR10.
Join a team of some sort,

Rugby is a brilliant workout and meeting people at the club maakes you feel you should turn up for the next one etc your using your whole body and its fun ... cant really say any more than that, speaking of which i've gotta enroll in a club haha

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
It's nice to see a whole bunch of ideas coming out of this thread; some of these ideas I can't try out till next year, but I should have enough inspiration to at least find something I can stick out and enjoy.

I used to play Rugby in my school's A-team till I lost interest.

Ixil; I get exactly what you mean, I need to find something I like, exercise is a million times harder if you don't like it; case in point, I work so hard when I'm airsofting and I do it all day, no complaints, it's not a workout at all, it's fun, something like going to the gym for even half an hour and I want to strangle myself with piano wire.

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Just been out for my first proper run.

Nearly died (God am I unfit or what), and had to run a minte walk a minute after an initial third of a mile, but in my defense it's still muggy as anything out there, which I can't stand even when I'm in an ice cold bath pretending to be some sort of hippoman. It's a shame I couldn't run a bit more of the thing (about 1.3 miles) and I didn't time it, but it's a start :D

Any tips on warming up out there?

Airsofter123

Airsofter123

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Guns: JG MP5A4
    CA M15A4
    AA L85A2
    WE L96A1
    TM M92F
    UHC .357

• Loadouts: Phantom Plate Carrier
    Cargo Pants
    A T-Shirt...
Warming up is only really necessary for short sprints, where it's important to be able to give 100% from the word go. No one can really agree about whether stretching is any good, so it's really just a matter of personal taste - for example I only ever stretch my bad knee as otherwise it locks out and won't bend (got a football stud in it in year 6, but was wearing trackies and on painkillers so didn't notice till 30 mins later).

Running in this weather is bloody horrible, no question. Ideally try to go first thing in the morning or last thing at night, and depending on where you are try to run near water. For fitness it's probably better to try and jog the whole thing, no matter how slowly, than stop start, unless you're trying to specifically target your heart, in which case it should be more like 30 secs on 30 secs off.

Trust me, it gets a lot easier though :D. My first time I couldn't do 2 km, but up to 10 km within 5 weeks.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
Well during the basketball season I was playing nine hours a week plus two cycle rides. Now I do athletics and some basketball and rock climbing. In the winter I play rugby aswell as basketball and in the summer, well, kayaking and swimming in the river aswell as more basketball :)
If i were you just find an activity you like and do it a lot!

Warming up is only really necessary for short sprints,

I wouldn't agree, last athletic season I barely stretched and pulled five muscles and sprained my hip :)
if you don't stretch you might not feel it right away but you will the next day!

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
I just went for a run and melted.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I just walked up my stairs to go to bed, that's enough excercise for one day! :P

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I didn't run the past few days because I've done my foot in. Still isn't great now, but was much cooler today, almost glad it happened in a way to avoid that weather :lol:

I'm doing a mile in 5 minutes 40 secs over 2.6 miles at the moment. Still pretty sluggish I think so got to keep going!

Airsofter123

Airsofter123

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

CA M15A4
    AA L85A2
    WE L96A1
    TM M92F
    UHC .357

Cargo Pants
    A T-Shirt...
Yeah the weather isn't great for running atm - I tried going for a run last night, and had to stop after 10km... just absolutely wipes you out.

5 40 per mile is actually pretty good over that sort of distance. Trick is being able to maintain it when you're carrying a rifle and gear :D.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Well, i just walked to the fridge and back!
god that was tiring! :lol:

Airsofter123

Airsofter123

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

CA M15A4
    AA L85A2
    WE L96A1
    TM M92F
    UHC .357

Cargo Pants
    A T-Shirt...
I hear that... just out of interest, does being constantly hot make you lose weight? Just thinking as I was in Germany a while back, and from what people ate the whole country deserves to be obese...

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
hehe, I know what you mean, I lived in Germany for 7 years lol.
Weisswurst anyone :lol:

As for being hot and loosing weight- maybe, not sure but sounds right lol

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
A lot of the US is generally a lot warmer than here half the year.. makes no difference.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
true...
but im damm hot and im skinny :P :lol:

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
just got back from a 2hr basketball sesh!

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I fo running lift weight play rugby and fencing. I have woods neaby so running is great.
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I just got the washing off the line, im feeling faint

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

Vektor Z88
    P226R

SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
damn washing line, marksman you should put your feet up!

Fire Team Zulu
And our YouTube Channel

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I know, it took so much effort

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users