Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Our War

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
Im a bit behind, watching this on catch up tv but it is an amazing programme, and if you haven't seen it i recommend watching, for a few reasons.

It is as close to war as you will ever get without being a soldier. This is full on, and whilst you are watching it remember to take a step back and think, the people being killed are real people, with families. Just like yours. It is a sobering thought, and adds some depth to those "A British Soldier has been killed today in Helmand province" headlines that you just read, remember for a few mins and then forget.

It is interesting too, to observe people in a combat situation. I can safely say 99% of our troops are brilliant, and in a fight they keep themselves together. Training kicks in.

Take out the fact that airsofters dont use real bullets, replace the gun shot sounds with "plink" and it looks much like an airsoft game, which i found slightly strange but also made me realize the depth to the realism of the sport.

This last decade has allowed us to see war in its truest form. I respected soldiers before, more so than many of my friends because I have done research on war and combat. But this ups it to a new level for me. I feel a true empathy with them now, and more educated on the matter.

Utmost respect for our troops, rest in peace those who have fallen in the line of duty for our country, and safely bring home the rest.

Watch if you get chance.

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
me and my mates have been watching it and every time a towns named all you hear is "oh i was there" "been there" "drove past it" etc

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I've been watching it too. Definitely recommended.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Great program, watched all of em :)

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
its a very good show, its a true documentary.
i sat with my friend and watched it(he is very against pretty much every war) and he turned and said to me "see i bet after watching that you dont want to join the army now do you"
to which i replied "ive always known what being a soldier means, and ive always known the cost which it can bring. and in a heart beat id love to be there"

its one of those things, you're either born with the soldier mentality or not.

Posted Image

airsoftgunner

airsoftgunner

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• Guns: Two tone d90h, beretta 92fs

• Loadouts: target, mask, goggles
Best program ever, really shows the good times amd the bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users