Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battlefield Communications

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Hi guys just finsihed writing another tricks of the trade guide based on communications. Unfortunatley I haven't updated the website in ages because of exmas, school trips ect.. But finally I can start updating the website with more guides, reviews and videos now. They'll be a sniper guide up on the site sonn as well.

I know I've mentioned it a million times but would you guys watch any gun review videos I made as so far I've only written them? Anyway follow the link bellow to read the guide:
http://www.ghostwolves.co.uk/19.html

Any feedback on this guide or anything else on the website is really appreciated. I spend alot of my free time on my guides and reviews simply to (hopefully) provide accurate and helpful information for other airsofters. The website as most of you know is for my airsoft team ghost wolves.

Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
I like it, nice, pretty useful too.

I'd like to know a little more about the radio side of things though, for example, some radios don't have keypads, you simply switch between eight channels on one dial. Others have programmable channels (one team at our site use channel 666) - how does that work etc. Headsets and things too, maybe a chart of different radios, of all types, ten examples or something just to show the range of stuff available - it's all useful :)

Same as above, maybe a chart of common hand signals would be cool.

But for something you do in your spare time, I can't fault it :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I was thinking of doing a chart for hand signals but there was no real way of doing it without copying another website's pictures really. As for radios I just thaught it was pretty self explanatary :lol: And I'm no expert on the range of different radios.

Thanks for the advice :)

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I read all of the guides and reviews the other day and all are really good and well written, extremely helpful to me, being a novice, hope to see more reviews and guides from you, good job!

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Using a radio, once you have it in your hands is fairly simple to figure, but I find it awfully hard to shop for them, purely because there's no standardised format for online retailers. Some will give you all the information you need, some will just show you a picture of a pretty radio - it confuses people, or at least, it confuses me and has, for five years now, put me off getting comms :D

As for hand signals, that's fair enough, maybe get your teams to model for you for a day and get some shots of them doing signals, or pinch that readily circulated image of "SWAT hand signals" it's been posted on so many sites, I'm sure no-one would mind you using it by now :)

Like I say though, I'm not faulting you at all, your article is great, and even if it doesn't give ALL the information I'd want, it'd at least give me a really solid jumping off point :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Thanks Cameron364 glad the guides are useful.

And Finiuis if you want a decent radio go for the motorola TLK T7, it's pretty good. I definately agree it's hard to find decent radios epecially at a good price. You just have to search the web alot.

i will probably use the SWAT hand signals as I already have the image saved which I plan on edditing at some point and adding to the guide now that you've suggested it. Also finding faults in these guides is acctualy increadibly useful for me as constructive critism enables me to improve the guide so don't worry about it :)

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
http://www.lefande.com/hands.html this SWAT thing??

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

They are really confusing, don't know how you would remember all of them, even a select few for that matter

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Meh i guess if you have been training for 2 years or something i think you would remember the number ones are well hard, but the shotgun one is mank (and rhymes with mank too) hahaha :lol:

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

MEU

Yeh I suppose and the shotgun one is the easiest to remember

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Nice guide as usual alex, I always look forward to these, pretty good read

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Just added a new review on a face mask. You can read it here:
http://www.ghostwolves.co.uk/21.html

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
Hiya,

I did a guide on hand signals a while ago... you can have it if you like
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

Airsofter123

Airsofter123

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

• Guns: JG MP5A4
    CA M15A4
    AA L85A2
    WE L96A1
    TM M92F
    UHC .357

• Loadouts: Phantom Plate Carrier
    Cargo Pants
    A T-Shirt...

Using a radio, once you have it in your hands is fairly simple to figure

You have no idea... so many people decide to buy a two way radio, forget that 2 way does not equal full-duplex, then set up really sensitive VOX so they're constantly transmitting. Then you end up having to shout anyway because you can't radio them...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users