Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

UKARA and swapping

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Marc36uk

Marc36uk

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi all

Sooo. While looking through the classifieds I had a thought. Can you swap a rif with someone that has no UKARA defense? you are not selling it to them. Would it come under the same headings as gifting?
For example could person a swap his iphone 3 for person b's nice M4 Rif? if person a has no defense?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I dont think so, considering you recieve something for it

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
There's a massive amount of legal jargon I could give you to explain this, cause it's really very very complex, but to keep it short, simple and understandable; you're still legally speaking making a purchase and thus, require the defense.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
It does say that you cannot exchange money, goods or services for the RIF.

so no. (pretty definitive answer for you)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Marc36uk

Marc36uk

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Case closed

Thank you scooby gang :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
SHOTGUN BEING FRED!

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
well if was claim as a gift it could be, such as if you were to gift him the RIF and he then gave you a iphone for charitable reason that would be legal. as you are allowed to own an RIF if has been gifted.
alot of shops have been done for this though as a few round my area have been giving away RIF's after being given "charitable funds" from kids wanting a gun

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users