Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

mp40..front sling mount

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tattoo ron

tattoo ron

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: t.m. m16,asg franchi tactical shotgun,
    g36c-extras galore-do nothing,but looks good!, src mp40

• Loadouts: facemask and goggles. camo wear,camo boots,tac vest
according to all sources ive seen of real ones, the front sling mount is on the eject side.
on all airsofts its on the bolt side....

any reasons,and can it be swapped around?

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
Just done some research, and it looks like you're right (I'm not really a WW2 weapons buff, so never noticed it before).

Apparently, you just take off the outer barrel and rotate the sling loop (or at least that's what happens on the SRC model, which has the same problem). There are some pictures up close of the loop floating around, and it looks like one side has a convex "bump" which stops it moving when in use, this could be a problem as I can't see whether there's a groove for this on the other side. If there wasn't, you'd probably want to sand/dremel off the bump and apply a rubber strip a few mm wide and a few mm deep to the swivel in order to hold it in place.

I'll send you a PM with some more info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users