Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cheapest Bullpups

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RyanK

RyanK

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hello

Im new to airsofting (only skirmished a few times), but I am getting my own gun soon. I know I either want an SRC XM8 or a bullpup AEG. My budget is 235 and that includes getting another mag/mask. I do not have my UKARA yet so it also needs to be two-toneable. I have seen the TM FAMAS F1, and a JG AUG but I was wondering if there is a good L85/L86 I can get for that price online.

Thanks in advance

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
decent L85's are 280-380 roughly ;)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
No, im pretty sure the TM famas is the cheapest :)
Actually saying that, ca might make a sportline aug, but im not sure

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
CA Sportline AUG or the Famas are your best bets, both perform solidly.
also, if you choose the AUG, it is reccomended that you put something like miliput into the grip to make it more solid.

and a decent L85 is way out of your budget.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
What about the army armament l85?
Its quite cheap, you could always disable the blowback- someone else will know for sure though, ive never used one

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

What about the army armament l85?
Its quite cheap, you could always disable the blowback- someone else will know for sure though, ive never used one

Hahahahahahaha! Good joke.
Oh wait, you're serious...

No. Unless you're willing to do a lot of modification work, it isn't a good choice. Even if you do install the mods, there is not guarentee that they will work properlly. My old R85 had 'the works' done do it, and it still broke. Repeatedly.

For a little bit more than the price of an R85, you can buy some very nice and reliable bullpups, like the previously mentioned CA AUG, and TM FAMAS.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I didn't know lol, that's why I said wait for some else to reply :)

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

I didn't know lol, that's why I said wait for some else to reply :)

I'm pretty biased against them, in the year that I owned mine, I never had longer than 3 hours 'typical' use out of it. That is including after the blowback was disabled, and the gun modified. (Heh, coming up to my 2 year anniversary for it...I wonder if Dave has finished tinkering with it...)

I won't lie, some people have had success with R85s.
I have no idea how. They've done the same modifications, and some of them run them harder than the real thing. Me? Heheheh, I'd be lucky if I could get a single game out of it before it shred a gear, burnt out the electronics, locked up or just stopped working for no obvious reason.

If you want a nice, fun and reliable airsoft gun, in bullpup form, I suggest you avoid the R85.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
http://www.fire-supp...airsoft-gun-aeg AUG
http://www.fire-supp...portline-vp-p90 P90

Both are out of stock but i guess you could ask to see when they are coming back in stock :)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
You can pick up a second hand G&G within your budget, I've also seen Ares L85's that might be within your budget too. In fact, there's one on the Zero In forums right now for 200 posted, it's the carbine variant. Still nice though, and the most realistic SA80 on the market.

The R85, I've personally not had many problems with once I gutted it and fitted steel parts, and a standard piston + spacer.
Basically replaced the whole damn thing :/ The externals are reasonably good though.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1625 posts
I'd be tempted to consider the ACM FAMAS looking at cheap bullpup rifles, but being V1 still (right?), I'd not want to risk anything other than a TM; sure, neither has many replacement parts available, but at least you know a TM can take a battering internally...

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Not sure about the acm, but my brother just got a tm famas f1, great gun but a little bit to much creakoplast
Seems to shoot well enough though.
They are supposed to be really quiet with a suppressor adapter too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users