Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Airsoft shop opportunity

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
well it seems theres a lot of intrest for this shop. ive not got an email back from simonb so unsure if some one else going for it.

Posted Image

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
If they need a techie on site then I'd be up for it, if it's still going to happen.

I just need a solution to the distance between me and them, if they even need a techie on site at all
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
As far as I know sheriff you are the only one who has formally registered interest, ive just been putting down ideas. If he has a few units/ shops to look after i guess hes just busy.

tattoo ron

tattoo ron

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: t.m. m16,asg franchi tactical shotgun,
    g36c-extras galore-do nothing,but looks good!, src mp40

• Loadouts: facemask and goggles. camo wear,camo boots,tac vest

Yes, I have a number of units within a shopping centre - different sizes and rents.

sounds like youre trying to tout for clients....

i presume youre interested in opening and running an airsoft shop,not just on here to rent out one of your units,
sorry for bieng sceptical, but ive seen this before.....

hope im wrong and youre gonna run and stock the shop.

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

ive messaged him about my intrest in running ths hop myself, past few days ive been looking into suppliers liences needed and even been lookin at getting businees loans aswell. i wouldnt mind doing this. and if he is still intrested that ill be more then happy to move into the area and spend the next few months trying to kick this thing of the ground

Posted Image

Cameron364

Cameron364

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• Guns: M4A1
    MEU

• Loadouts: A-Tacs Chest Rig

• Sites: The Grange
I hope this does go ahead because as you say there is alot of interest, even if you do run it by yourself, good luck though!

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
I can ask a local airsoft store runner if he would like to make your shop into a branch or like sharing contacts and stock or something? let me know if you want to do this.

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
if this does go ahead, i will be happy enough to come in and help for free (like talk to customers, suggest guns etc.) as i live close to the area and at my age i have nothing better to do (im 12 atm) but i thought just having someone to talk to in there would be good (Alex Gale does it) but i would only be able to do it saturdays, sundays and during holidays as i also have school... just a suggestion (and people seeing a 12-14 yr old boy in there would possibly make them stop thinking "GUN SHOP, OMG, GUN SHOP WERE ALL GONNA DIEEEE!"
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

if this does go ahead, i will be happy enough to come in and help for free (like talk to customers, suggest guns etc.) as i live close to the area and at my age i have nothing better to do (im 12 atm) but i thought just having someone to talk to in there would be good (Alex Gale does it) but i would only be able to do it saturdays, sundays and during holidays as i also have school... just a suggestion (and people seeing a 12-14 yr old boy in there would possibly make them stop thinking "GUN SHOP, OMG, GUN SHOP WERE ALL GONNA DIEEEE!"

Unfortunately you might find people also not that keen to take advice from a 12 year old.

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

OD RAV

Unfortunately you might find people also not that keen to take advice from a 12 year old.

I'd agree to that, even though I am a fairly experienced techie (1 years worth of working on airsoft rifles + a natural aptitude for taking s*** apart :P) I'd say it'd be damn tough for me to get paid to fix stranger's guns, simply because I'm 17. The moment I turn 18 however... That will change if only by a little, maybe?
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

An Artist With Out A Brush

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

• Guns: L85, 2 M4A1's, 1911 MEU

• Loadouts: DPM full load out, DDPM full load out, A-TACS work in progress
I think something alot of people are over looking is how much all the costs could potentialy end up being to get this started and how much of a long winded process it is to get any form of shop UKARA aproved and the standards they have that you are required to meet. You also need conideration of how large each unit is. I spotted a post mentioning boots. I can see your point there essential but foot wear is quite a personal thing so would it be wise to sell boots? They take up space and good boots will last years. You also need to have them in many sizes colours ect. Is it space well used?

Stock storidge is key to something like this. Think about just how secure the storidge of the stock has to be. The last thing any of us would want is for someone to break in steal a small truck loads worth of RIF's thats not going to look good in the press is it now.

You also have to then look a the tac gear side of things. Unless your selling only tac gear is it actualy sensible to stock every peice under the sun or simply have in a few of the more poular molle system with pouches in diffrent colours? An on site tech would cost quite abit to have in full time and if there not repairing/up/down grading the hole time is that realy money well spent if said tech isnt trained to do other work with in the shop.

Having a 12 year old in store is not a bright idea. People looking to spank 350 in one go on a new load out ect realy wont value that inderviduals oppinion given most sites you have to be 16+ to shoot at so you dont even have shooting experiance behind you. On top of the fact that legaly you wont be able to work.

And finaly, you have to remember that airsoft is a neich market and altough there is no direct compition within the local area youdohave to compete with well established online shops such as zeroone, land warrior ect.

Just my tyhoughts.

Artist

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
I know this, but it will;

1. Give me something to do
2. Could maybe lighten the atmosphere of a 'Gun shop' as some would see it
3. As long as I am not being paid, I can help out (i think)

Like I said before Alex Gale does it, and if anything it gives him something to do and can maybe help a little

EDIT: it does seem like I am trying to force it a little, whoever takes the shop (if it does get taken) it's up to you :)
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

• Guns: L85, 2 M4A1's, 1911 MEU

• Loadouts: DPM full load out, DDPM full load out, A-TACS work in progress
You are looking at it as a gun shop tho and instantly paints a dark eary atmoshpear, its more than posible to keep the shop feeling laid back even with guns on the walls. music played in store. The way it is all lit and general presentation. If you were helping out you would have to be covered by insurance and given that in a retail shop you need to be 16 to work as you will have your National Issurance number if anything were to happen to you, you would be covered as would the shop. Under 16 if something happened you would both be up a creak with out a paddle.

You have to consider the OP wants to run a sucessful shop and risks like having someone not covered by insurance helping out in there will not aid his cause

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
If he's only thinking about setting up the shop right now, then I'd think it would be fully operational around this time next year.

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft
I would be willing to help out as well, when I'm not in school.
Although I am new to airsoft I have been a cadet for three years now so I could lend some assisstance.
I am only 15 though but 16 in december

it could be "work experience" :D

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
lol, I will probably pop into the shop once a week or whatever to see if there is any bargains anyways :P just thought I may be able to help...

Hope he replies soon Sheriff, gotta be a little frustrating :P
Formally 'BatHat'

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

what was said about costs, i fully understand same with the the licensing.
in layman's terms, i may not have experience working in a shop, but i do have experience in business start up. working out the costs. the way i am when it comes to money you'd think i was Jewish.

But in all honesty, i wouldn't of said im interested unless i took in to account all the variables that are involved with something like this.

and if people say a big guy like me, with my shaven head and long platted bead..........and then saw a 12 year old they will only assume one of two things
"awww thats nice that guy takes his kid with him to work"..........or they will think "quick phone the police there is a pedophile in the army shop"

Posted Image

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
And the think that makes me think of the second idea is that...BatHat's mum's Ex-boyfriend keeps poking Bathat on FB..... :unsure:

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
roflmao! just thought I would ask, tell me if you do start this shop though, i will be one of your first customers that isnt a kid my age that says "oh cool, Mum, lemme have a look at the guns!!!!" then walks in and says "are these real? there so awesome!!!"
Formally 'BatHat'

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

You'd be suprised. I'm in my local shop every saturday helping out and I talk to people of all different ages and give advice and people are more than happy to listen. As long as what your saying is reliable people usually don't seem to care about your age. I also help packing up the guns and setting up the display ect...
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users