Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

'Real Steel' section?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
hiya, i have noticed the lack of a place on the forum were people can talk about real guns and military, so how about a section for all that to go on (even if its part of the off-topics, were your posts dont count towards your post count)

Thanks,
Mitchell
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Do we really need a whole section? Might as well use the general off topic section

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
As above seems a bit of a waste To have a whole section just use the of topic
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
well i got my shotgun and firearms lience though the otherweek, and right away i purchased a sexy gsg5 and a berretta semi auto shotgun, for my next trick im looking at getting a AI AW riffle, although unsure if i should go for the .300 win or just have fun and get the .338 LM, im geard towards the .338 but it dont half cost a bit

Posted Image

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
its amazing the amount of people who think combat weapons are completely illegal in the UK unless used by law enforcement or military, but I know a couple of people with one...

But my point is, there is a gaming section... and i think thats quite cool, but i think that there are more airsofters interested in real guns than gaming...

But it was just an idea... if you disagree, thats fine, as long as you have a genuine reason and your not doing it just to hate...

Thanks,
Mitchell
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I understand, I personally just dont see that there is enough demand for one

@sheriff, never heard of a gsg5 beofre, but they do look really good

two_zero

two_zero

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

• Guns: cyma krinkov

..and a some other ones

• Loadouts: Docs n shorts!

high speed, low drag!

• Sites: Swedish forests..

TWA Anerley
    Epsom bunker
Well, plenty of weapons out there non of us ever heard of XD

anyhow, bit ot, but since it mentioned. When I came to UK I read an article saying people here where quite pissed off of cause a ban on all weapons over that either have a magazine or higher than 6mm, and that people had to hand in their weapons.. have I misunderstood something?

I had a similar issue with my ICS AK hicap, threw it against a tree and bob's your uncle.

my toygun is better than your toygun
serious stuff / AK picture thread

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
the ban is, your not allowed semi auto above .223 i belive, which is why many 7.62 "civilian" service riffles have to be modded to be straight pull. hand guns are a BIG no no, not alloud unless its a pre 1910 black powder pistol. or modern day reproduction of an original pre 1910 black powder pistol. .22s are allowed to be semi auto. (which is why i got the GSG5) and the ban mainly affected farmers which owned shotguns and .22 rifles with out the currently required liences, which unlike USA cant be obtained by walking into wallmart with some id picking a gun of the shelf and paying at front desk(texas anyway not sure bout the other states) over here you have two different liences one for shot gun one for firearms(everything but a shotgun) 50 quid for each, discount if you get both together.

the first step after filling out your forms is that about a week or so after your forms have been processed(which you get from local police station) you have to arrange a meet and greet with local law enforcement in which they will inspect your home, insure you have a gun safe that is bolted to the walls and floors another requirement for your license is that you be part of a club which suits the gun lience you are applying to, so if you're a member of a shotgun club, you wont be aloud the firearm lience but will the shotgun, same if your with a indoors .22 range only will get the firearms, which will state unless you become a member of a target shooting range you will be restricted from purchasing anything bigger then .22. so best bet is to join up with a target rifle range, such as bisley as they offer shotgun ranges 1km target rifle range 300m range and several indoor ranges and 50m outdoor ranges for .22 and black powder guns......or Henry repeaters if you like those

this comment was much longer then i thought it would be..........but that should be enough information for you :D

Posted Image

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Right...wait :P i dont want to, but say if i did, would i be able to get one once im 18? i somehow thought there would be a problem, and background checks are made right? do you thing having a name like Mohammed would help get it? :lol: shouldnt joke like that...anyway basically, sounds pretty awesome the way you like Sherrif, wouldnt want to break the law if you were the sherrif of Watford...

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Section isn't going to be made for the above reasons and closed before it goes further off topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users