Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Building up a gun...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

• Guns: VSR-10 (PDI & SDiK)
    VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226
Hi,
I will be making my own 'custom' gun (as in putting the parts I buy together myself etc.), will I have to two tone the body as my parents are NOT UKARA registered?
Sorry if this is common question, I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks,
Albert

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV

Hi,
I will be making my own 'custom' gun (as in putting the parts I buy together myself etc.), will I have to two tone the body as my parents are NOT UKARA registered?
Sorry if this is common question, I just wanted to make sure.
Thanks,
Albert

Yes.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

Yes.

Thank you

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

OD RAV
As most people make their custom guns M4 based, if this is the case PLEASE PLEASE, get a clear body.

It's so much more tasteful than a two tone.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

As most people make their custom guns M4 based, if this is the case PLEASE PLEASE, get a clear body.

It's so much more tasteful than a two tone.

Do you know where I can get one from?

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Nope, but try to get one if possible.
Maybe second hand from someone who's CA sportline is broken?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Bit of a grey area really. To be honest you're manufacturing a RIF if you don't do the transparent bit and no one has any guarantee that you will two tone it for yourself. It's like shops selling RIF's and saying "oh by the way, give that a quick spray of a bright colour when you get home just so that we're all legal" - doesn't work like that.

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

Bit of a grey area really. To be honest you're manufacturing a RIF if you don't do the transparent bit and no one has any guarantee that you will two tone it for yourself. It's like shops selling RIF's and saying "oh by the way, give that a quick spray of a bright colour when you get home just so that we're all legal" - doesn't work like that.

Thanks, and I will be spraying the receiver green as well as the carry handle

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV

Thanks, and I will be spraying the receiver green as well as the carry handle

You'll probably be best off spraying the receiver + stock/hanguard. Just to be on the safe side.

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

You'll probably be best off spraying the receiver + stock/hanguard. Just to be on the safe side.

ok lol so the reciever and the stock (as I will be using an RIS system)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
The same still applies. If it's obvious you're ordering bits to assemble a gun then it's just going to look like a RIF, saying "I will be spraying the receiver green" isn't anything solid.

As much as I can see you are a regular airsofter, you're only option is for your parents to buy you a 2-tone (with none of your money going into it) from what I can see.

Governor

Governor

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

VFC M4ES Recon
    A&K M249 Para
    LCT AK104
    Ares AM-016
    TM MK23 SOCOM
    WE P226

The same still applies. If it's obvious you're ordering bits to assemble a gun then it's just going to look like a RIF, saying "I will be spraying the receiver green" isn't anything solid.

As much as I can see you are a regular airsofter, you're only option is for your parents to buy you a 2-tone (with none of your money going into it) from what I can see.

Ok thanks

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Admittedly, a huge grey area, but if you don't buy all the parts in one go you won't need a UKARA number.

Don't think I'm advocating avoiding the law though, I'm not.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Well its a very grey area, of the law.
Technically yes, you can but keep it two toned- upper, lower and stock should be fine.
Spray the receivers before assembly though
Saying that, I.wouldn't advise it

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
or even ask the retailer to spray the parts for you?

Like Cerbo said, if you can source some Clear body parts, you'd be onto a winner with that. try looking around forums for old clear parts that people replaced once they are UKARA'd

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Marc36uk

Marc36uk

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Maybe relevent
http://www.airsoft-f...?showtopic=4988

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
I wouldn't bother.

ICS are notoriously incompatible with everything.

You'll need to modify 99% of your parts to fit it, and probably not worth it at all.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
what you can do albert, is...actually they mentioned everything. um

Basically
Before assembly, get Jason, to spray all parts or source all the parts inc. the clear body, if not, buy the clear stock and pistol grip then look for as much clear things to use as poss! And then possibly ask Cerbo to fit it, as he can do it properly without screwing everything up (Hopefully including my 416...if not i want my money back, which probably wont be needed but yeah :lol: :P ) and that way you have a nice new gun, as you said, just get G&P parts and DEFINITELY Tokyo Marui because they are just too amazing, CA parts would be great and to keep it running good, i tell you now, ditch G&G parts :P

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
Zak, have you been listening to marksman again? :lol:

use whatever you want to use inside, but for a truley custom gun, you want to do EVERYTHING, inside and out.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
If he'd been listening to Marksman that much, he'd just be saying "Don't worry about the internals, as long as it's not G&G but just paint it OD."

Or something like that. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users