Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to paint an Airsoft Rifle

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

• Guns: -
    Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

• Loadouts: -
    Woodland DPM
    Viper Leg Holster (black)
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

• Sites: -
    Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW)
    Urban Assault (UA)
An under 18 can own a RIF, as long as they did not pay a thing towards it, and it was gifted to them from someone who has UKARA?

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
It's in his possession anyway, there isn't much we can do.

Personally, I'd leave the 'metalwork' and only spray the stock, receiver and forgrip.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

• Guns: -
    Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

• Loadouts: -
    Woodland DPM
    Viper Leg Holster (black)
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

• Sites: -
    Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW)
    Urban Assault (UA)
I was thinking that, and there's nothing wrong with me owning it. I didn't pay anything for it, it was 'gifted' to me, it was a Christmas present..

two_zero

two_zero

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

• Guns: cyma krinkov

..and a some other ones

• Loadouts: Docs n shorts!

high speed, low drag!

• Sites: Swedish forests..

TWA Anerley
    Epsom bunker
correct me if I'm wrong but thats the case when it comes to IF. You can gift an IF to someone under 18, however to give away a RIF to someone under 18 (or to someone over 18 that does not have a valid defence) would be a criminal offence.

I had a similar issue with my ICS AK hicap, threw it against a tree and bob's your uncle.

my toygun is better than your toygun
serious stuff / AK picture thread

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
no, any gun can be gifted

Ixil

Ixil

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Guns: A kitchen knife,
    Screwdriver,
    A curved claw Hammer

• Loadouts: A striped pajama.
I don't think that the Police will do anything if some1 is painting the gun he OWNs unless, he will get caught in a robbery or something with his gun.(or any other public incident/crossing border that will include inspection =))

Whats the big deal?

Bear in mind that it is Illegal to change the colour of your gun unless you have UKARA membership.

Da_sheriff

Da_sheriff

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 blowback with Umarex acog

• Loadouts: BDU/black, viper assault vest and gloves
qand if you do paint you gun, you will indeed want to sand down the parts first. it helps the paint to stay on, otherwise it will start to flake off.
id also advise a primer coat aswell, no point having a crappy looking gun unless you're going for a fallout look

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

I don't think that the Police will do anything if some1 is painting the gun he OWNs unless, he will get caught in a robbery or something with his gun.(or any other public incident/crossing border that will include inspection =))

Whats the big deal?

The big deal is that the above is specifically mentioned in the VCRA. There wasn't a whole lot written in there so what they did write they obviously care about.

Ixil

Ixil

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Guns: A kitchen knife,
    Screwdriver,
    A curved claw Hammer

• Loadouts: A striped pajama.

The big deal is that the above is specifically mentioned in the VCRA. There wasn't a whole lot written in there so what they did write they obviously care about.

It's not that I am suggesting anyone go and do it. All I am saying that its like going on a red light (as a pedestrian or cyclist that is) it is surely illegal and can lead to a serious accident, but still people do it.

Do Not Do It as you will be breaking the law! Bear in mind that it is a criminal offence!

Finius

Finius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
I'm going on a crusade here, it's kinda a thing I have, but you do not NEED UKARA, you need to prove you are a skirmisher, how you do that is up to you; the point is you NEED to be able to prove that to any reasonable person with no particular expertise about the sport/area.

UKARA is just a tool to make life easier for everyone, and it's a good system, but it's not everything. I got by for two years without it and I purchased/sold/manufactured/traded/imported and got stopped by police during that time without any trouble.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
People just dont believe/listen/understand this- its almost funny the amount of people who dont know this

magicaldr

magicaldr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

• Guns: TM: P90, G3 & MP5
    SRC: G36K
    ASG: Franchi SAS 12

Browning HP
    WE PX4

• Loadouts: 1980's British Special Forces
    5.11 Tactical / Black CQB / SO19
    Tiger Stripe

• Sites: Airsoft Adventures: Chobham
    Tactical Warfare Airsoft: Croydon

Bear in mind that it is Illegal to change the colour of your gun unless you have UKARA membership.

Leaving aside the UKARA v Legit defence as covered elsewhere my understanding was it is illegal to change an IF in any way to make it an RIF. Its not illegal to change a RIF to any other colour, its already a RIF so it wont matter if you paint it brown, white or camo. It started as RIF and ends as RIF. Also from my reading you can change a RIF to IF.

Law was only designed to avoid people bypassing the no buy/import RIF by simple repainting or IF to RIF. Which would in essence be manufacturing a RIF from you IF as you paint it (or swap parts). For that you need legit defence, of which UKARA is one.

Obviously feel free to shoot me down if I misunderstood, but this description of someone with a RIF just making it camo would not to me break any rules.

gazza08

gazza08

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: JG MP5 A4
    Ares Scar

Leaving aside the UKARA v Legit defence as covered elsewhere my understanding was it is illegal to change an IF in any way to make it an RIF. Its not illegal to change a RIF to any other colour, its already a RIF so it wont matter if you paint it brown, white or camo. It started as RIF and ends as RIF. Also from my reading you can change a RIF to IF.

Law was only designed to avoid people bypassing the no buy/import RIF by simple repainting or IF to RIF. Which would in essence be manufacturing a RIF from you IF as you paint it (or swap parts). For that you need legit defence, of which UKARA is one.

Obviously feel free to shoot me down if I misunderstood, but this description of someone with a RIF just making it camo would not to me break any rules.

Incorrect Im afraid. My brother recently Emailed the Ukara website owners asking on their views as to if he is allowed to paint his two tone (He is one game away from site membership/ukara defence).

"Once you have your valid defence, be it a Ukara number or membership to a skirmish site and if you are over the age of 18 you may paint your gun. Be it plastic, metal, IF or RIF, It can be painted however you like."

I can get him to forward me the email to post if you like. but that was the jist of it.

Im not claiming to be an expert, I am just passing on what I saw in the email as Im considering painting my MP5 the same time.

so in short:

It's legal if you are over 18 and have a legit defence.

Is correct.

Edit-
Thanks for the guide! Will be using this! :D

jaeproductions

jaeproductions

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

• Guns: CA MP5K PDW
    Cybergun BW15 M4
    CYMA AK47
    UMAREX G36C

• Loadouts: DPM Woodland
    DPM Desert
    MTP stuff when I get a job

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    Manchester Woodland etc
Krylon Fusion doesn't need preparation, something like that. You don't need to sand it down.
They sell it at Patrol Base. www.patrolbase.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users