Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Any interest in an 'app'?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I produced a page which was able to give various facts and figures etc.

The kind of things that would be on there would be a battery charge calculator, energy of weapons, FPS on various BB's lalala

It'd start off on here but have quite an 'app' feel to it and if I have time over the summer I might develop it for iOS & Android.

Let me know if you like the sound of it and as many suggestions for what could be in it would be great (i.e. what you want to calculate or other useful info)

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
sounds good, only thing i would love is if it was a downloadable app, then if i did, for some reason, need to calculate something on site...i could bring my laptop, i wouldnt mind paying 0-10 for such an app really, since it would (hopefully) be of high quality!

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
i'd definetely like it on android, and same again would be willing to 0-10 pounds

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

GunNut

GunNut

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 R4 Commando
    King Arms Sig 556 Shorty
    WE Browning Hi-Power
    Socom Gear M9A1 SOF
Definitely inspired from last nights Apprentice!
"If someone asks me how I can sleep at night knowing that my arms have killed millions of people, I respond that I have no problem sleeping, my conscience is clean. I constructed arms to defend my country."
- Михаил Калашников

Да здравствует Родина!

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
:) android FTW! lol thing is i have an Ipod gen2 and never updated the OS on it so i think it might be at 3.(something) so if it is on iOS then i hope it isnt the most recent one :P also i just think apps run faster on iOS, so i have filled up my Ipod (8gb) with apps, 1 song ;)

Posted Image

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
free would be better, get more downloads, maybe have some links or something back here to boost site traffic?

things I would want is like a logbook type thing for guns: what was done when and what FPS it is giving on a certain date, if that makes sense.
then obviously calculators and things.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
actually thats true, like record chronos before and after upgrading guns etc.

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Love the logbook idea this is what we need. Any more?

I had no intentions for charging for it and just hoping that it would drive traffic back to the forum. At the moment the web version is what will come first (as it's easiest) but if all seems good then I'll go for the iOS and Android app.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
great idea, dont want to waste time to find out people dont want it/only 20 people used it or something...

i thought maybe when you have time, the app could be updated (mobile versions only though) and have a mini version of the forum, but you need to have internet connection or something, not a great idea really but something, maybe a small encyclopedia as in, A-Z airsoft and explanations as to the answers to common questions and why these are answers, maybe a section where you can type in your FPS with a .2, then it should tell you what FPS should be with a .23/25/28/3/4/43 etc :)

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts

:) android FTW! lol thing is i have an Ipod gen2 and never updated the OS on it so i think it might be at 3.(something) so if it is on iOS then i hope it isnt the most recent one :P also i just think apps run faster on iOS, so i have filled up my Ipod (8gb) with apps, 1 song ;)

Get an iPhone 4 and ill race u with my desire, I will win:)
I think its a great idea, I wiuld certainly download it,
Also, nice to see the android revolution is taking over :P

Maybe a beginners guide to airsoft on it... hint hint.:P :lol:
If Iget round to finishing it lol

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
well doesnt run fast on iOS 4 AFAIK but anyway putting Marksman's guide there would be cool, if you split it into chapters..or something?

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Want to keep it short and sweet for easy access and getting to the point quickly so will probably leave a big guide out.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
if marksman ever had the time he could probably shorten it, to a compact guide such as,

Newbie+sniper=NO
Newbie+AEG= :D

:lol: haha joking but just a thought, or marksman can make his own app lol

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Fair enough.
Good idea zak, might look into it at somepoint

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
Just to say, there already is a airsoft app (called 'airsoftapp') on the market (at least for the iPhone, not sure about Android) as i actually have it, and you can put in 'x' ammount of fps and it will give you conversions from a .2 (or whatever you want) into a .25/.3 etc etc, plus there are extra sections where you can keep track of your guns and kit (what make, cost, accessories etc)

HOWEVER, it does cost 59p, so if you can make it free Dev then you would have a niche in the market, plus any other additions that will make it stand out :)

Also, i like that sound of an app for the forum, as sometimes the full site is a little annoying to work with (no offence, obv its designed for a full computer not something thats 4" by 2" :lol: )

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I'd love to do the latter Lep but not sure I have the technical know-how for it and we don't have the money to get someone to do it.

Would you be able to give me a full list of what that app can do just so I know what we're up against? And anything you think it has missing. Obviously it would be great to be better and free.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Is that the airbana one?

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
The one I have is called airsoft helper and it calculates fps and battery charge times.
A pile of wa*k really worst 59p I have ever spent.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I'm in the process of downloading about 12 Android airsoft apps, ill see whdts good etc

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
i think someone on the forum advertised that :) maybe it was the other one.. :huh:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users