Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

battlefield 3

• Please log in to reply
634 replies to this topic

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
nothing better than running round a corner and shotty to the face, as you know the real human the other end has just jumped 5' off their seat!

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I was just playing through the campaign to get the Semper Fidelis achievement and something occurred to me.

There's a Barret M107 in the campaign, it's in one of the last missions when you're playing as the Russian guy and you get to use it equipped with a thermal sight.

Soooo....

Do you think Dice would really go to the trouble of making a gun for the game and then restricting it to campaign use only? Every other weapon in the campaign is available online, every single one.

I think that the Barret might be an unlock for the next expansion, Armoured Kill - it's the largest calibre small arm in the game and it lends itself to mega range engagements and Armoured Kill is meant to include the largest Battlefield Map ever made.

Just a thought.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
no gun relases are being made just vehicle's

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

• Guns: -
    Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

• Loadouts: -
    Woodland DPM
    Viper Leg Holster (black)
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

• Sites: -
    Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Modern Airsoft Warfare (MAW)
    Urban Assault (UA)
They restricted the M107 to single player only because if it was in multiplayer, it would be unbalanced and pretty much overpowered, and if they balanced it, then it wouldn't do much damage so would be like the other semi-auto snipers and unrealistic, so they left it out.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
Wow, well that sucks.

I honestly think that Armoured Kill is going to be immensely sh*t on console. 12 players per team is no where near enough for maps as big as they're suggesting. It'll take about 10 minutes to find one guy.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

Woodland DPM
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Urban Assault (UA)
Yeah could be annoying.

I've played hide and seek (kinda-like game) on wake island before. Was in squad team death match, 1 person in one squad and two squads full. Then everyone goes hide while the other person faces away. The person on his own has to knife all the other players, once knifed, they switch and join his team. Hiders aren't allowed to kill. Last man standing starts as the seeker.

Took a while to find the last few guys though.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

I always thought it'd be really awesome to have a nothing but snipers game, where everyone has to be mega tactical and move slowly in the prone position to avoid being spotted.

Having to make calculated one shot kills and be wary that others will see your tracers, muzzle flash etc. So having to shoot from a concealed position.

All about concealment, stealth, marksmanship and patience. Just my cup of tea.

Unfortunately, no one else on earth seems to like the sound of that, meaning it will never happen in a million years... =[

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

Woodland DPM
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Urban Assault (UA)
There are sniper only servers on PC, where the use of any other weapon (apart from side arms and knives) results in getting kicked.
Problem is that all anyone does is uses either a red dot or low-power scope and uses snipers like assault rifles.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior has a multiplayer mode, which is supposed to be all about concealment, but they put the Mk12 Mod 0 in it, which is semi-automatic, so everyone just rapid-fires with that, and you can't see where any shots come from as all the weapons are silenced.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Just discovered this stats site, which I think is pretty swish.

I like knowing I'm in the top 1% of players on the 360 with my awesome headshots, skill level and longest range headshot :P

http://bf3stats.com/...let4MyEnemy#360

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I hate this thread, I want to play battlefield so much but can't justify the cost of Xbox live. Then I come here and see all the cool new stuff on the game too, that new vehicle map pack thing looks so cool :/

Liam Porter

Liam Porter

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1368 posts

Well MB-01 (L96)
    TM Glock 17
    G&P M16A3 with RIS Kit

Woodland DPM
    Viper LA SF Vest (Black)

Free Fire Zone (FFZ)
    Urban Assault (UA)
I want premium, but with the plans for my L96, I'm going to be rather tight on money :(

iAcorn

iAcorn

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

• Guns: G&G - MP5SD6
    WE - M1911
    TM - PX4

• Loadouts: Military Contractor

• Sites: Milton Keynes

I always thought it'd be really awesome to have a nothing but snipers game, where everyone has to be mega tactical and move slowly in the prone position to avoid being spotted.

Having to make calculated one shot kills and be wary that others will see your tracers, muzzle flash etc. So having to shoot from a concealed position.

All about concealment, stealth, marksmanship and patience. Just my cup of tea.

Unfortunately, no one else on earth seems to like the sound of that, meaning it will never happen in a million years... =[

I used to have sniper only games in Timesplitters 2... Not exactly tactical but it was awesome fun! Back in the good ol days. Anyways if you want to play tactical sniper games then you can do that :) I think you're a console person though? The choices I am about to recommend are mostly PC titles. So without further ado:

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality [MOD]: A great game on its own, and with this mod it adds a hell of a lot of realism and tactics. Seriously it slows the pace down for most of it, to give time for coordinating your attack and then all the action is super intense!

ArmaII: Everybody should know of this game by now... Its nowhere near as fluid as Battlefield but it can be a lot of fun when you get used to the terrible UI and clunky controls. The map editor isnt bad though so you can make your own sniper scenarios to play with your friends

ArmaII - DayZ [MOD]: This whole game is pretty slow paced and really awesome. I have my own server for it too (search Acorn 01). Get a sniper in this and just go have fun. Sneaking up on players, getting the right timing to take your shot and all... Hell of alot of fun. Even more fun with friends

Sniper Elite V2: ... Your pretty average sniper based game... Pretty meh though.

Sniper Ghost Warrior: Same as above

I'm pretty sure there are more out there but I am at work so these were all I could think of before my boss comes back :P

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Yeah, I'm aware of all of those.

I think if I had ArmAII and PR2 for BF2 you'd probably never see me on here, or airsofting, or anywhere lol

I've got Sniper Elite V2 and it's wank. The first one was miles better.

Wouldn't touch Sniper Ghost Warrior with a barge pole.

As for DayZ, I've been watching a series on Youtube by SideStrafe about it - seems like my kinda game. Love the dilemma's involved in moving from A-B, whether to shoot or not because of the sound, having to take food into account etc.

I'm one for taking things slow, thinking things through and planning for every outcome. Which is why I hate and am shit at CoD, everyone just runs about like a nob and hopes for the best. It's shit.

I pretty much just play BF3, 'cos it allows me to play my own way as a result of the maps being so huge and it's the only console shooter there is that caters for that and my overly intense obsession with realism (even though there are still a billion things I could point out are wrong with a ton of weapons on Battlefield), really.

iAcorn

iAcorn

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

WE - M1911
    TM - PX4

You should invest in a gaming PC :) I did about a year ago and I do not regret parting with my money. Its awesome. Still play my xbox sometimes too. Even if you get a PC just for DayZ I would recommend it... Cause you can do crap like this (yes, this is my channel):

Although BF3 is a great game it really does have its flaws... But the biggest one for me is that BC2 was better. Whilst BF3 is better in every way (sound design, graphics, optimization, customizing, physics and such) I just overall preferred BC2 and I dont know why! I am super looking forward to Armoured Kill though :D Should relight my fire for that game. I like doing long flanking routes round to get the drop on somebody. Its way better than the Metro flanking routes that takes no skill and is over in 5 seconds

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
Heard of Ground branch?

Ground Branch on Youtube

Looks similar to ARMA, but better, and anyone that helped make the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six is a friend of mine!

Tariq

Tariq

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

• Guns: WE HK416
    WE G36C
    Umarex G36V
    TM SPAS-12
    KWA ATP
    KWA P226 PTP
    Dan Wesson 6" Chrome

• Loadouts: Vegetato BDU
    Black Mesa Security Force

• Sites: The Grange, Warminster Airsoft, Anywhere.
Yup ARMA II is awesome, and so is DAYZ.

Will have to check the server out :P

iAcorn

iAcorn

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

WE - M1911
    TM - PX4

Yup ARMA II is awesome, and so is DAYZ.

Will have to check the server out :P

We've had a few hackers on in the last couple of days spawning choppers (I know this because my group got the only legit chopper spawn!) so it goes on and off depending on the situation. usually my other admin turns it off and I tell him off and turn it back on XD

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

WE Glock 17 Gen4

Has anyone read up on Armoured Kill?

http://blogs.battlef...rity-game-mode/

It sounds pretty god damn immense.

My only worry, and it's a big one, is that it makes almost all of the tank unlocks completely useless apart from guided shells and IR smoke.

I think I usually run tanks with reactive armour, zoom optics and the HMG for infantry.

For armoured kill I'm going to have to swap my armour for smoke and my gun for missiles. And I really hate using the missiles. At least I can keep the zoom though, I imagine that's something that'll come in handy.

I wonder what tanks they're going to add to be classed as the "Tank destroyers" 'cos it says they're more mobile than tanks, have lighter armour, but the same firepower and all that springs to my mind that fits that description is a Stryker with a tank gun on it.

I thought they were adding mobile artillery. I think that'd be much better.

The arty could sit back and blast the enemy tanks, whilst the enemy arty would sit back and blast the friendly tanks. Both teams tanks would be trying to capture the objective, whilst simultaneously trying to flank around to destroy the opposing team's artillery to make the task of capping the point easier.

I ought to be a DICE employee with that idea.

Also, where are the jets at? The Frogfoot and Warthogs would make this expansion much better and if there's only about 16 tanks per map, even on console there's going to be people wanting to do other stuff, 'cos what good is a gunner going to be when everyone's in tanks? Since being on foot would be suicide, there needs to be some jets knocking about, maybe even a couple of attack choppers per map.

Then there'll be 8 v 8 tanks, 2 choppers and 2 jets, and all 12 vehicles are capable of destroying the other 12 vehicles.

Doesn't leave room for any second seat positions on console though. It might be a bit of a balancing act.

iAcorn

iAcorn

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

WE - M1911
    TM - PX4

Im super excited for this DLC. So glad I got premium ^_^

Anyways I am happy with what they are trying to do. It makes me switch up my vehicle playstyle and setup. I usually run reactive armour, Canister shell (cause nothing beats a giant shotgun to the face) and then swap the last slot around to mix it up for fun. In this game mode it will make you focus on other tanks and not just infantry, which is what I normally do in BF3 since most tank drivers are off playing in the corner somewhere (theyre not great to be honest, usually my team takes them out before i can).

As an engineer I can wait to use my three step punch again :) lock on and fire with the guided shell, fire main turret and then exit the tank for that quick SMAW to finish them off. I used to do this in Bad Company 2 and people thought I was hacking. it was fun :3 Also I cant wait to use the EOD bot to mess with people. I once made a tank reverse across the map in fear of my bot once. It was hilarious! I wonder what weapons will be added. I really hope the AT4 comes back. I really REALLY do! That was the most fun rocket launcher ever. Hardly ever hit my target if it was a heli but I had fun nonetheless.

Tariq

Tariq

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1179 posts

• Guns: WE HK416
    WE G36C
    Umarex G36V
    TM SPAS-12
    KWA ATP
    KWA P226 PTP
    Dan Wesson 6" Chrome

• Loadouts: Vegetato BDU
    Black Mesa Security Force

• Sites: The Grange, Warminster Airsoft, Anywhere.
hmm havnt really played BF3 in a while. Might give it another go when its released though.

You play on PC acorn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users