Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imports and UK law

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
Hi guys,

I only recently discovered that WE Tech have finally finished their gas blowback SA80 and I have to say that I'm hellbent on getting one.

Unfortuantely, I can't find a single stockist in the UK that either has, or plans to have any, so I have to import...

Is there a procedure for such things? How do I go about importing from abroad? I am UKARA registered but I'm just worried that my import will be destroyed or something...

Or am I just looking for a problem where there isn't one? I mean, I assume I can't just order a gun from abroad and wait for it to arrive because surely there's bound to be some issues with customs? Possibly relating to the fact that it's an RIF and there'll be a bugger load of VAT to add and all that jazz?

I just need some simple step by step instructions, or to be told that it really is as straight forward as I'm assuming it isn't lol.

Can anyone shed any light on anything for me?

Thanks in advance,

Ed.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
you'll be looking at around 100 worth of tax and customs +50? of shipping - I'd wait for a UK stockist, it has only just been released so give it a month.

if you do import one, give you UKARA number, contact phone number in the 'special requests' box that most sites have when you order, so they add those to the package.
when it lands here, Customs will contact you asking for proof, give them the UKARA number ad anythig else they ask for, they cannot destroy it if you have a defence (unless you go out of your way to have it destroyed)

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.

you'll be looking at around 100 worth of tax and customs +50? of shipping - I'd wait for a UK stockist, it has only just been released so give it a month.

if you do import one, give you UKARA number, contact phone number in the 'special requests' box that most sites have when you order, so they add those to the package.
when it lands here, Customs will contact you asking for proof, give them the UKARA number ad anythig else they ask for, they cannot destroy it if you have a defence (unless you go out of your way to have it destroyed)

Excellent, you just managed to sort me out with two paragraphs, where Wolf Armouries failed to help from a rally of about 20 emails lol.

Thanks a bomb, I'll keep a look out for a UK stockist until around August, then I think I'll treat myself early for my birthday in October.

Thanks again.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
no worries, as long as your final courier isn't parcelfarce (they have a habit of adding useless days waiting to your delivery) you'll be good.

Like I say, it's a new release, so give it a month for a big crate of em to arrive here and let other people worry about the imports.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
If theres a proper licensed airsoft shop nearby you could always ask them to order it in for you instead, might be cheaper and i believe its easier for them to import stuff :D

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
You shouldn't have to many problems if you can find a EU country that has it In stock.
It's much easyer to import from within the EU.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

two_zero

two_zero

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

• Guns: cyma krinkov

..and a some other ones

• Loadouts: Docs n shorts!

high speed, low drag!

• Sites: Swedish forests..

TWA Anerley
    Epsom bunker
I was recently given a RIF in another EU country, where I can legal own one, and it is still there. If I want it sent here, after I got UKARA, is it the same? And will I have to pay any custom charges, as I got the RIF for free?

I had a similar issue with my ICS AK hicap, threw it against a tree and bob's your uncle.

my toygun is better than your toygun
serious stuff / AK picture thread

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I believe not. I'm not too sure on the details but if you had to categorise it for customs then it would be marked as a gift. It's something I'd definitely try and get in touch with them about because I for one couldn't give you a definite answer as to how it works.

onangelswings

onangelswings

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
dude i would definately wait for novatcombat to get one in
Xbox GT : OnAngelsWingsII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users