Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anyone here in the paras or have served in the paras?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Wlf

Wlf

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

• Guns: WE kac pdw
    KWA glock 18c
    TM sig550
    Hadron collider
    Inter-continetial ballistic missile

Reason i ask is that i was origionally going for infantry (2PWRR) but my recruitment officer is adamant i try for paras so i said i would give it a shot.
Ive read about how tough para selection is but wanted to know if anyone here has any first hand experience or advice?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
My dad is a captain in 7th now, and has been in and out since I was born, do if you have any specific questions I can find out what you want.
I won't be home till Friday mind you due to being away at school but then ill get any info you want:)

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
bit of advice join an infantery reg first so you can get a feel for what your in for then transver to the paras you will still have to do the trainning but at least you will be phisicaly fit for it

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Wlf

Wlf

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

KWA glock 18c
    TM sig550
    Hadron collider

My dad is a captain in 7th now, and has been in and out since I was born, do if you have any specific questions I can find out what you want.
I won't be home till Friday mind you due to being away at school but then ill get any info you want:)

I havnt really got any specific questions but any advice he has would be greatly appreciated :)

bit of advice join an infantery reg first so you can get a feel for what your in for then transver to the paras you will still have to do the trainning but at least you will be phisicaly fit for it

Isnt that compulsary anyway? i thought you complete the basic infantryman course then move onto para selection afterwards, if you fail that then you simply return to your infantry reg.
I may have that completely wrong but thats how i interpreted what my recruitment officer said so i stand to be corrected :D

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
paras are f***** in the head mate, unless you've actually talked to any and have any similarities with them, don't bother, if you want to go better than infantry try for the guards.

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

Wlf

Wlf

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

KWA glock 18c
    TM sig550
    Hadron collider

paras are f***** in the head mate

Hmm 2 mates (one in infantry and one in artillery) said similar thing along those lines but then proceeded to say i should fit right in then.
Not sure what that says about me or their opinions on me :huh:

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui G-spec, 5 x CA Scar -H, 5 x CA SA58, 10 x CA AK47, 10 x CA AR10.
You'll fit right in there matey ;), oh and i can introduce you a a great man who has been in the paras he'll tell you all about it! plus i believe he has some rather influential contacts you'll like him see you on sunday!

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Tell me if you get issued a L119A1 (doubt it being the new guy though) :P

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I'm pretty sure the sfw's, are only for the special forces. The para's, as far as I know don't have them

Nutster

Nutster

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1117 posts

• Guns: Primary - ICS L119A1
    Secondary - TM P226
    - KWA G19

• Loadouts: Paraclete SOHPC/belt kit
    Crye UKSF ubacs
    Crye UKSF trousers
    Oakley boots