Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Keep my sidearm?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

two_zero

two_zero

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

• Guns: cyma krinkov

..and a some other ones

• Loadouts: Docs n shorts!

high speed, low drag!

• Sites: Swedish forests..

TWA Anerley
    Epsom bunker
Hello, I searched a bit but can't find my specific question. Thought it might come useful for someone else in the future as well, hence my new thread.

I already have a sidearm, that was gotten long time ago, intended for target shooting. It's a plastic KWC witch require the silde to be pulled back after each shot. (also would it make a difference if it was semi/fullauto?)

Should I try to trade it for mags, spare battery, bipod, scope or something else useful or should I keep it?

I had a similar issue with my ICS AK hicap, threw it against a tree and bob's your uncle.

my toygun is better than your toygun
serious stuff / AK picture thread

walshy155

walshy155

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Hello, I searched a bit but can't find my specific question. Thought it might come useful for someone else in the future as well, hence my new thread.

I already have a sidearm, that was gotten long time ago, intended for target shooting. It's a plastic KWC witch require the silde to be pulled back after each shot. (also would it make a difference if it was semi/fullauto?)

Should I try to trade it for mags, spare battery, bipod, scope or something else useful or should I keep it?

It's a springer?

In a skirmish that would be 100% completely useless.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I don't think anyone would trade forit, springers are generally crap

two_zero

two_zero

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1893 posts

• Guns: cyma krinkov

..and a some other ones

• Loadouts: Docs n shorts!

high speed, low drag!

• Sites: Swedish forests..

TWA Anerley
    Epsom bunker

I don't think anyone would trade forit, springers are generally crap

Well, it being crap, if I say sold it on gumtree/similar and got a 2nd hand mag for the cash that be a good deal then?

It's a springer?

In a skirmish that would be 100% completely useless.

Didn't see this post. It answered my question..

Theoretical, if it is a better one, would I keep it?

I had a similar issue with my ICS AK hicap, threw it against a tree and bob's your uncle.

my toygun is better than your toygun
serious stuff / AK picture thread

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
springers and other cheap sidearms are brilliant fun, if you get a kill you can boast about it for years!

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I painted a cheap springer pink... that's how crap they are - I dnon't mind painting it pink! :lol:

But if you get a kill with one your a legend.
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
Would be almost as legendary as when Hubert got 5 or so kills with a 20 electric blowback Walther P99 that he got off Justbbs... :lol:

But seriously, keep it as a tertiary gun in case everything goes to s***! You never know... :D

walshy155

walshy155

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Dude seriously the only thing springers are good for is wasting BB's and shooting you self in the eye if you want to for no reason.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts

Would be almost as legendary as when Hubert got 5 or so kills with a 20 electric blowback Walther P99 that he got off Justbbs... :lol:

But seriously, keep it as a tertiary gun in case everything goes to s***! You never know... :D

Tertiary?
I would sooner throw bbs or get hit by a bus:P:lol:

1eye

1eye

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Guns: KJW 1911
    AGM MP40
Keep it to make you loadout look even nicer ^^

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
i've got 1911 springer which has an amazing 60rd mag, and it has been very useful, not that many kills, but enough to keep holding onto it. or even to let a mate use it.

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

walshy155

walshy155

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Springers fail.

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
until they win, and then it's an EPIC win

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
And then some! :D

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

6 kills, 3 minutes, whilst I was on medic duty and Rob had nicked borrowed my R85.
I loved that pistol. Then Rob broke it :rolleyes:

Sure, a springer may not be terribly useful. But -
If you can keep it safely cocked and loaded in a holster, you could use it as an emergency short range weapon. A guy on our team, Phil, has a pretty nice Colt .45 springer, and he does just this. It's helped him a few times when he hasn't been able to bring his G3 round to bare on someone trying to stealth kill him.

And - if you're the sneaky type, who enjoys infiltrating the enemy ground, a springer pistol can be of more use than an electric/gas pistol or long-arm - as you can silently use it to take people out (if you get close enough, obviously...)
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users