Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OSAMA BIN LADEN DEAD!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Just a waiting game

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
Yeah, if anything its gonna get the al-queda angry, apperently britain and the USA have gone into high terrorist risk alert... oh well, if they attack us we can also show them what are ICS, G&G, TM, SRC, Ares or whatever you have can do, before we get shot
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
I tell you what... I love living in Jersey atm.... No chance of any talibani freck bombing Jersey :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

And whilst 'we' got him technically we could have had him in 2001 at tora bora, the sas/sbs weren't allowed to take the shot and had to wait for the yanks, by which time osama had gone,
All in all a good result, but still plenty of people on the Americans list to be crossed off

The yank special forces got lost in the mountains for two weeks because their GPS stopped working or so I've heard :lol:
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
http://news.sky.com/...d_Nuclear_Plant

Phew! Thought it had started already.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN

The yank special forces got lost in the mountains for two weeks because their GPS stopped working or so I've heard :lol:

I heard it was because they didn't have enough troops to cover the area, 100 or so were there when they had 10000's back at base and he got away through a passage way that was unguarded (Source = CNN)

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

• Guns: KWA M4A1 RIS
    WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

• Loadouts: FG A-TACS (UBACS and Gen III style trousers)
    OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

• Sites: HALO MILL
Its good to see someone actually sourcing their quotes/knowledge for once, as opposed to whild accusation, though date/time/website address/newspaper would be good :P (yeah im predantic, doing history at A-Level atm and at Uni next year :) )

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+

I heard it was because they didn't have enough troops to cover the area, 100 or so were there when they had 10000's back at base and he got away through a passage way that was unguarded (Source = CNN)

Military History Illustrated, 2010 (can't remember issue): Coalition Special Forces in Afghanistan. In a section titled Blunders - The One that Got Away, it was mentioned that one of the SBS teams in Afghanistan around 2003 had been given the job of finding and following Bin Laden. They had the chance to kill him, but were stopped. Bin Laden got away Reason?
The Yanks wanted to do the job themselves, but since they had such limited numbers actually taking part in the operations, none could reach the position until long after Bin Laden had run off.
Also mentioned in a first edition copy of Osprey Publishings elite series: Special Forces in Afghanistan. This has since been removed from the book, aswell as a collection of photos of UKSF (due to the UKSF publicity rules)

Is it true? Did the above actually happen? Who knows, but CNN are also reporting that the CIA has known about Bin Laden's final hide-away for three years.

Anyone seen the fake Osama Bin Laden twitter feed?
"Dam, Yanks attacking my secret compound. F*** you Apple and your iPhone4 tracking system!"
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226

Is it true? Did the above actually happen? Who knows, but CNN are also reporting that the CIA has known about Bin Laden's final hide-away for three years.

This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest - the reasoning behind it was probably sound though. CIA were probably trying to find the right time to eliminate Bin Laden - choose the moment when there would be fewer repercussions, and cause the least casualties in the "war on terror".

No source, Speculation based in logic :) woop.

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

Anyone seen the fake Osama Bin Laden twitter feed?
"Dam, Yanks attacking my secret compound. F*** you Apple and your iPhone4 tracking system!"

Haha love it! :D

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I don't think you would want to move the moment you got the intelligence anyway. Why not keep it back for a while. Bin Laden will have thought he's pulled a good one and got away with it. He was there so long and may have thought how nothing ever came of things that 'could have got out' hence becoming more relaxed and over time he becomes more susceptible to attack. Just a thought?

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

Entirely agree with you Dev, he might have lowered his guard and made him more suspectable to attack (evidently), plus they might have had eyes on (either human or Drones/other surveillance) on the house to pick up on and track other suspects...?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
There's no doubt they'll have done as much surveillance as they felt they could get away with. They'd have to be pretty thick to have just gone "I reckon that's his house" *sends in the "SEAL's"*.

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

Although it is the Americans... :lol:

Nex

Nex

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: TSD G36K~22rps
    G&P Defender~38rps

• Loadouts: Standard Vietnam style US Woodland, OD green, Black, A-TACS.

T.A.G. gear all the way!

Although it is the Americans... :lol:

*cough*
"Droll thing life is-that mysterious arrangement of merciless logic for a futile purpose. The most you can hope from it is some knowledge of yourself-that comes too late-a crop of unextinguishable regrets."- Heart of Darkness

KWA sucks, do yourself a favor and invest in a G&P.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
:lol:

Be nice to have an American opinion on the situation actually.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Would be actually, it'd also stop meg making fun of em :P

walshy155

walshy155

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
There's one more terrorists dead, about 1000 to go.

We can't stop war, it's in our nature.

The Leprechaun!

The Leprechaun!

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

WE XDM
    KJW Glock 19

OD RICAS Compact
    (Plus DPM and UCP)

My bad Nex! :mellow:

Nex

Nex

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• Guns: TSD G36K~22rps
    G&P Defender~38rps

• Loadouts: Standard Vietnam style US Woodland, OD green, Black, A-TACS.

T.A.G. gear all the way!
Ah no offense taken. It does not bother me in the least.

My opinion on the matter is pretty much what walshy155's is. Its one more dead terrorist, 1000 more to go. I am not one of those overly sensitive post 911 idiots that gets so emotionally worked up that they cry at the mere mention of it. So his death did not really affect me that much. It's just one mission down and one less baddy that has to be worried about.
"Droll thing life is-that mysterious arrangement of merciless logic for a futile purpose. The most you can hope from it is some knowledge of yourself-that comes too late-a crop of unextinguishable regrets."- Heart of Darkness

KWA sucks, do yourself a favor and invest in a G&P.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users