Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

new L85 on the market!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
Talking to an owner of one, he's found:

The replacment bolt parts still don't work
Accuracy wise, his stock G39 is far better
The Charging handle is too loose, it needed electrical tape wrapped round part of it to keep it in place (before he taped it, it fell out mid-game).
The screw that holds the pistol grip in place, doesn't. Even after copious ammount of that lock-tight stuff, the screw isn't in tight.
The mostly steel rifle really suffers from cold, he found after 1 mag fired, the entire thing was freezing, which reduced the performance on the next mag.

That said, I'd love to own one of these :lol:
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Yeah I've heard the same, I was so interested but I feel a bit let down tbh, I was expecting so much after the g39

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
I seriously hope the AUG doesn't have as many problems.
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
I agree james, considering the G39 works so well, i might have to save up for the G36k or the G36c?

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I hope the AUG will be better too, but its made with alot of ppolymer, just like the g39, and thats what make it soo good in some aspects

lil airsofter

lil airsofter

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

• Guns: vfc scar-l, we svd, ics akS 74U, tm five-seven, ics sig 551, and lots more

• Loadouts: multicam and plce webbing.
oh my god, that l85 needs to come with a LOT of tissues. but seriously that looks nice, wish i had money to blow.
sights are there for a reason, you dont need a bigger battery, you need better eyes.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall

oh my god..........wish i had money to blow.

Thats what she said ahaha

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
it really would be to blow judging by its issues

lil airsofter

lil airsofter

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

• Guns: vfc scar-l, we svd, ics akS 74U, tm five-seven, ics sig 551, and lots more

• Loadouts: multicam and plce webbing.
still looks pretty, maybe i should get one for my mum
sights are there for a reason, you dont need a bigger battery, you need better eyes.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
It's a shame, it had so much potential

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

OD RAV

It's a shame, it had so much potential

Maybe they were mimicking the real steel ;)

Just waiting to be upgraded by someone else :D
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I love ra-tech, but not even they could make me buy this lol.
I'd like to play with one, but I cant justify the cost of one.

Ill wait for the AUG, and if they ever make a tavor or famas

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
Oh my god!!!

Where can I get that rail set? Not being able to find a place that sells them is just about the only thing stopping me from buying this rifle, I would kill to kit it out with a grip and ACOG like our forces! =D

Edit:

I think I was mentioned before by Cerbo. I started out with a GBBR. I would vouch for it being a bad idea. But it does teach you a lot about airsofting really fast and they are seriously fun and head turny.

I think I was unlucky with my GBB M16 though, the accuracy sucked major balls and the hop up literally doesn't work. In fact, I'm going to completely remove it when I get home from work and see if there's any improvement.

But yah, I will definitely be picking one of these up at some point down the line. I think I'll try my hand with an AEG for a time first though, saving all that money from not needing to buy gas and heavy ammo will mean I save up enough to buy it and mod the poo out of it without it taking me that long.

Very looking forward to making it my first major project.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Yeah, the front rail set does look good doesn't it?

Not avaliable for the WE L85 yet though. Currently the only L85's that can have the RIS are the Ares, G&G, AA and I think that's it IIRC.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
technically star aswell :lol: :P

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
Fire Support will be selling the rails for 135 (they sold out really quick), but there isn't a different RIS handguard for WE/ICS - owners of those 2 simply get a conversion/adaptor kit to allow them to fit the rail.

Quite why WE copied the ICS handguard mech system is beyond me, since the WE doesn't require the extended internal space for batteries, nor does it require the ability to quickly be removed from the weapon to allow quick battery changes that the ICS does :rolleyes:
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Ricey

Ricey

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Guns: G&G Scar-L with Red/Green Dot Sight
    G&G L85 A2 Carbine with Susat
    TM P90 RD

KSC USP Compact

• Loadouts: Multicam BDU
    Warrior Chest Rig (Tan)
    Oakley SI Boots 8inch (Tan)
    ESS V12 Goggles
Not keen on Gas myself but does anyone else think the front end looks a bit odd, more specifically the hand guard? I think my G&G one looks more realistic.
Shake n' Bake!

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
tbh i like it, but I just cant justify the gun, its a wall hanger- albeit a really nice one.

as hubert said I cant see why they copied the ICS system either, I much prefer the ares

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.

Fire Support will be selling the rails for 135 (they sold out really quick), but there isn't a different RIS handguard for WE/ICS - owners of those 2 simply get a conversion/adaptor kit to allow them to fit the rail.

So, how much are these rail adaptors? I'm hoping to get about 500 from sales relatively soonish and even if there are problems with the gun, I'd still like to have one. I quite like working on them when they break so that isn't a massive turn off for me, plus so long as I keep my job I can just about afford it as well.

So that's about 340 for the gun, 135 for the rail set, plus however much the adaptors are to make it fit the gun, mags are about 40... It'll be a long time coming but it'll be awesome once I've got everything.

Does anyone know if there's a rail adaptor for the 18mm sight rail? I want to make it a 20mm so I can use my ACOG on it.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
well the adapter, being madbull is likely to be 35 or so
although for mags- you might as well use your m16 ones with the conversion kits- itll be cheaper for you

as for rail adapters- there is one available for 19mm but not 18mm. I cant see why they didn't copy the rs size of 19mm, it also means that susat's cant fit, nothing can unless they make a rail adapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users