Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M4 Question [I'm new and confused]

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Guns: None

• Loadouts: None
Hi there all, I'm new and haven't had a bb since I was about 13 when I had my ol sig 226 which got melted :(

Looking to buy an m4 but I'm really clueless.. what with the help of the internet there are now a lot of websites and I can see all the variations and I'm a little stumped!

I've done a little research and I know about the 2tone/clear magic that I have to now conform to and I'm fine with it, just wondering which m4 you guys would recommend for under 60.. I was looking at some beautiful sounding metal one reduced from 300 to 150.. but kinda decided against it as I doubt I'll be going to an airsoft event for a while (I can always buy a better one down the line)

Expensive ones that excited me

150 - http://www.geniestuf...rade-bundle.htm
150 - http://www.justbbgun.....;head=SRC SR4
160 - https://bbguns4less......%2dTone-.html (really liked this one.. but no stock <_< )

The cheapo ones that tickled me

39.86 - https://bbguns4less....tic-BB-gun.html
39.99 - https://bbguns4less....-automatic.html
39.95 - http://www.bbguns4le...utomatic-bb-gun
43.82 - https://bbguns4less....tic-bb-gun.html

So out of them cheaper models which one will be the lucky lady? Do any of you have any experience with the lesser attractive paupers m4s?

Thanks for the help if anybody can clue me up!

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
The 150 pound options are they only options if you want to skirmish

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I posted that I don't think I will be pal, hence why I don't mind the cheaper ones.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
If you aren't skirmishing, it doesn't really matter what you get tbh. Just remember you get waht you pay for

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Could any of you lot recommend a decent m4 around the 150 mark... I would like to have the option to maybe skirmish in the future, also having read a few more things I'm slightly worried the cheaper models might just collapse after a few months.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Classic army sportline is about 100 i think, that's good
Other good makes 101-150 pounds are SRC, ICS plastic, jing gong and can't believe I'm saying this g&g.
Any of those will be good

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Other good makes 101-150 pounds are SRC, ICS plastic, jing gong and can't believe I'm saying this g&g.

as marksman said, any M4 from the list of manufactures it good enough to skirmish with. The G&G that you like the 150 one last link, I've seen it in action at a site close to me and the kid was more the happy with it. stick a good battery in it and your be laughing! Great little beginner gun.
Ofc there are other types of gun out there then just the M4 (which everyone has), you could go for the SRC G36 from airsoftworld 150 two tone and it great version 3 gearbox.

Tbh with you no gun you get for 150 will be like the one you see people that play regular are using. Is so they are normally back up rifles.
But as your not going to be skirmishing a lot then there is no real point is spending 400 on a top end rifle.

So marksman hit the nail on the head from what I can see. SRC, ICS, JG you can't really go wrong as a first gun.

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Brilliant, thanks a lot for the help guys, really appreciate it!

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots

yeah, these are all good brands... all reliable and stand up for there own...

P.S marksman why do you have such a grudge against G&G's? your like the only person i know who does, but every person with there own opinion...
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I don't have a real reason to be honest, I don't understand it myself, I know theyre good guns etc, I just hate them. As I say I don't even understand it myself :lol:

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc

Tbh with you no gun you get for 150 will be like the one you see people that play regular are using. Is so they are normally back up rifles.
But as your not going to be skirmishing a lot then there is no real point is spending 400 on a top end rifle.

I beg to differ my jg g36c shoots easily as well as most "better" guns.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

I beg to differ my jg g36c shoots easily as well as most "better" guns.

Well, I've seen loads of player with so called cheap guns that don't go anywhere near the performance of a expensive gun. I have seen cheap guns upgrade to do such things, but whats to stop you upgrading a expensive gun?
At the end of the day you get what you pay for and that is as real in airsoft as it is in life.

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

It can be true to a point. And don't get me wrong I have expensive tastes, I brought a lacoste coat in the winter cost 450 but it's no better as a coat than a similar one I saw made by Nike for a quarter of the price same thing applys to pretty much anything in life half the time you are paying for the brand.

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

haha i guess that can be true as well sarni, big up the seagulls on promotion!

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

Not just promotion but as champions with a new stadium next season and the best young manager in the country... Does life get any better?

JUDGEDREDD

JUDGEDREDD

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Performed just as well as my FM11 save!

Think I'm gonna grab a cheap one just for a bit of indoor hijinks but I'll bare in mind what everyone has said and when it dies I'll grab meself a nice beefy one.. I mean they look so sweet.. maybe even do some real airsoft and get a non 2 toned

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots

real in airsoft as it is in life.

hang in, isnt airsoft life? maybe its just me
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users