Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paintball/Airsoft

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
better idea Leprechaun :P

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I've been thinking about this today, and I have worked it out:
Paintball is made for idiots, most of the British population are idiots.
Sorted.

GunNut

GunNut

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 R4 Commando
    King Arms Sig 556 Shorty
    WE Browning Hi-Power
    Socom Gear M9A1 SOF
That video is pretty good, I will show that to anyone that asks me what Airsoft is.

Dave has really hit the nail on the head here, because of the media people frown upon guns of any sort, even harmless ones like Airsoft guns. Some people are too stubborn to actually find out about things before they make a judgement.
"If someone asks me how I can sleep at night knowing that my arms have killed millions of people, I respond that I have no problem sleeping, my conscience is clean. I constructed arms to defend my country."
- Михаил Калашников

Да здравствует Родина!

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Firstly there is a massive stigma attached to guns. My Dad's mate who owns red 1 airsoft get's some funny looks from people walking past the shop. I recall one old lady saying: "Guns in St Albans! This is an outrage! What next?" People run a mile when you mention anything vaguely to do with guns. It also dosn't help how people are so badly misinformed about the hobby.

Also do we really want all the prats who go paintball airsoting? The chavs and all the rest. On the other hand I think the sport needs more publicity to grow and to avoid the stigma attached to guns.

Lastly I don't think comparing airsoft to COD is a great idea, there's already enough no scoping twits who think they can jump in the air at point blanc with a sniper rifle who don't take their hits! :lol: I don't mind people who play COD, playing airsoft - I play it myself. It's just when you get them playing as if it's COD that gets on my nerves.

Anyone sorry about the rant! :P
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
haha yeah, random people wondering down the village arcade, looking at all the shop, all fine, jewellery and clothes AND HOLY F***ING $H** IT IS A GUN SHOP WITH KIDS IN IT!?!?!!!

Posted Image

Aron

Aron

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

• Guns: Ares Tar 21,We M9, King Arms 24" free float sniper rifle, CYMA M14 SOCOM

• Loadouts: Multicam, 5.11 tactical VTAC vest (flat dark earth) 5.11 pouches, desert boots
That was the funniest thing ive ever heard ahahahahahahahaha! Also its so true!
Claw Gear Stalker Mk2 Set for sale in Tan. PM me for more details.

GunNut

GunNut

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16 R4 Commando
    King Arms Sig 556 Shorty
    WE Browning Hi-Power
    Socom Gear M9A1 SOF
Haha my friends have seen me in the shop and they were like 'WTF?!?!?'

:D
"If someone asks me how I can sleep at night knowing that my arms have killed millions of people, I respond that I have no problem sleeping, my conscience is clean. I constructed arms to defend my country."
- Михаил Калашников

Да здравствует Родина!

Aron

Aron

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

• Guns: Ares Tar 21,We M9, King Arms 24" free float sniper rifle, CYMA M14 SOCOM

• Loadouts: Multicam, 5.11 tactical VTAC vest (flat dark earth) 5.11 pouches, desert boots
My friends always just mess about the shop and prank call it then walk straight in pretending they are someone else and it dosen't help i go to school right down the road!
Claw Gear Stalker Mk2 Set for sale in Tan. PM me for more details.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
the other thing is most airsoft shops ive been to are almost hidden away.
the combat sout shop is nowhere near any shop and round the back of a bmw/audi garage

speedfreek

speedfreek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

• Guns: Nothing - all sold! :(
Good to see more Herts folk on here, I work in St Albans and live in Hertford :)

Roll on a couple of weeks until I can get on my first skirmish and hopefully meet some of you lot (and shoot you given the chance :) )

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
What site do you play at? :)

speedfreek

speedfreek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

What site do you play at? :)

Not sure yet to be honest - just accumulated all of my vest etc and now am on the look out for where is best! There will be three of us noobs coming along for some fun :)

Any recommendations that arent a million miles away and don't cost the earth to walk on?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I think everyone round you goes to AWA herts. Can't be sure though just what I've picked up :P

speedfreek

speedfreek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I think everyone round you goes to AWA herts. Can't be sure though just what I've picked up :P

Then that's probably where I will end up :)

Couple of weeks and I will be going to a skirmish.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

More or less although it's getting boring going to the same site all the time. We used to go to loads of different sites before my dad's mate started taking the Red 1 Airsoft shop down to AWA so now that's the site me and my mates have to go to most of the time because we take alot of the stock because my dad has a big car. Don't get me wrong it's a good site but boring after it's the only site you get to play at.

Plus the matials keep changing their polacies on under 18s using face masks which is getting really irritating.

Bit more on topic. Some of the sites I go to have public foot paths running through them so we get some funny looks by dog walkers ect...

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
yeah AWA has specific rules about Dog walker, Hamster walkers and Cat walkers, but Luckily AWA are starting new games now i think

Posted Image

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

• Guns: SRC G36C
    WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

• Sites: Combat South Woodland & Urban
    Most sites around Portsmouth & surrounding areas
I'm pretty sure its about the advertising. The only way i knew about airsofting was through a friend. I'm still thinking of making my own site when I'm older and the FIRST thing I will do is bomb the nearest town with a couple of hundred thousand leaflets. I find it astonishing how little airsofting is advertising to the point where I thought it may be illegal to advertise it (is it?). Its just bad business not to advertise, especially as I can see a large amount of the populace (especially young males) being very interested in this. All they would need is a simple leaflet with a couple of cool photo's, a few points showing why airsofting is better than paintballing and how cheap it is, job done let the business go through the roof.

M4_DMR.png

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
I can definately see where your coming from, advertising would definately be good for buisness. But I think the main reason sites/shops have steered away from advertising is the nature of the sport regarding the audiance it's aimed at. We want more people (who take it seriously) to play however there is the danger of all the chavs becoming aware of it too. The sort of morons who walk around town trying to be "gangster"

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
That's the thing, I would rather it have a small but good community than a large one filled with chavs and the like

Tristan Orr

Tristan Orr

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
I would have to agree with you all, I live in Swindon and believe me the amount of "Chavs" just makes me wanna die.... Now if these guys started to play airsoft we would end up with a over run over unhittible chavs running around screaming and shouting at people, starting fights and making it a less of a joy to play.

Also they are more likely to get Airsoft gun banned as they would probably use the gun to rob there local store... or something stupid like that. Can we not just take them all the a island far from anywhere and nuke it? PLEASE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users