Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Socom Gear vs WE

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

• Sites: Cool under Fire, Apocalypse
i'm seriously thinking about getting a 1911 MEU but i don't know which one i should get, if anybodies got any suggestions or reviews of either can they inform me, thanks.

352a9bbb-46e1-428e-9bba-d051fc3d1c54_zps

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
get the tokyo marui, itll be better. if not the socom gear is an upgraded better version of the we

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

• Guns: Star L1A1, M16 MRF Stryker, 2 TM MEU's, G&P pulse rifle, KWA MP7, KJW X-5, Ares Tavor,

• Loadouts: DPM, assault vest, webbing. pattern 56 gear (falklands). congo mercenary.

why the tokyo marui?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
more reliable, being a tm. soo many spare parts available, not metal
i can easily get 50meters with mine, the hop up is quite frankly insane.

the we/sg is full metal, metal slides generally make them unreliable, and dont perform as well either
full metal isnt gas efficient either, it takes more gas to move a heavy metal slide than a plastic one which the tokyo marui has- it isnt cheap plastic either, you would think it was metal without touching it

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

i've been looking around but they seem a lot more expensive.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I don't think they are that much more..... ill have a look
What's you budget

Edit: its only 20 more on zero one

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

i'd like to get 2 with 2 spare mags at around 300, on redwolf i can get 2 socom gears with mags for 227 including P&P and around 50 VAT, we're looking at around 140 for a gun and spare mag not including P&P or VAT with the tokyo marui's.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Yes but its worth it

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

really that good?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Yes my one constantly goes 50+ meters

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

i think i'll be going for 2 of these Tokyo Marui MEU Pistol (1911), with spare mags if anybody's got any comments feel free, especially people who've got them.

http://www.redwolfai...Pistol_1911.htm

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

Cam-the-airsoft-sniper

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

• Guns: G&G GR16
    A Russian Gun (Find out soon!)

• Loadouts: DPM, Viper tactical assult vesst, viper leg holster. Stuff

i think i'll be going for 2 of these Tokyo Marui MEU Pistol (1911), with spare mags if anybody's got any comments feel free, especially people who've got them.

http://www.redwolfai...Pistol_1911.htm

Why 2?
You! I know you want a AK-47, buy this one: http://www.airsoft-f...showtopic=10182
Call me Red, Texas Red.....
War, War never changes

geoffreym

geoffreym

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

cos i'm a "Dual Wielder" :D

Airsoft-Ed

Airsoft-Ed

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4442 posts

• Guns: WE L85A2
    WE Glock 17 Gen4

• Loadouts: Contemporary British Army,
    Light weight belt set up,
    CBA Loadout (Jeans, hoody etc.)

• Sites: Regular site: Skirmish Airsoft, Mansfield.
    Visited: The Stan, Anzio, The Asylum, Brit-Tac Woodland, Tac-House, Free Fire Zone, Welbeck Academy, the list grows.
    See my YouTube channel for footage.
I have a full metal pistol and it's fine.

I can get almost 60 shots off with one gas fill and it goes at least 40metres, maybe more, I'm not sure what ranges I shoot at, the accuracy and hop up are both great and I even use .25 sometimes.
The reliability is also top notch, to the point where I don't even know what people are talking about when they say metal pistols are unreliable. Though it is a Sig and they're just beastly anyway...

I've never had any plastic guns because to me they drop out on the realism factor but if you're not bothered about that then I guess it doesn't make any difference.

If you're thinking you'll spend more money on gas with a metal one then you could always get a propane adaptor, then you can buy huge canisters of raw propane that last aaaggggeeeess and only cost about 15.

Simples.

Need AEG parts? Click here >> Major Airsoft! << Discount code Bullet4MyEnemy for 10% off. 

Find me on YouTube: Bullet4MyEnemy
forumfinal_zps326d20e3.jpg

Airsoft News & Review site: www.AirsoftOperator.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users