Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gun picture thread

• Please log in to reply
4258 replies to this topic

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

• Loadouts: DPM
    OD RAV
I'm thinking of doing something like that with my GBBR, having a 16 or 20" barrel setup on one upper and a 14.5" on another so I can change in less than a minute. Maybe have a bolt for each upper too, so I don't have to re-adjust my NPAS to get DMR power levels
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

Ask me about your Tanaka/KJW bolt action problems!
Here's a link to my M40 takedown guide, works for M700's too!

'No.' - Yotsuba, 47:17

Callum Snell

Callum Snell

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

• Guns: Systema PTW 2008 Super max CQBr

• Loadouts: PVS14 x2
The beaty of the systema is how easilt the cylinder can be changed. I can LITERALLY go from being 310 FPS to being 550 in less than 20 seconds. You just pop the pin and slide it out. then put the news one in and pop the pin again.

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Guns: Cyma/TM M14, WA M4, Tanaka M40, VFC Scar-L, WA 1911 Marsoc /w Prime kit, Shuey custom Glock17

OD RAV
I can do the same too :D
But GBBR bolts are probably slightly more expensive than PTW cylinders :/

Edit: though I don't have to change bolts, I could adjust the FPS with an NPAS but it makes the upper swap slower
Ask me about general tech problems, I'm happy to help most of the time ;) I'm decent with AEGs, but my speciality is snipers, that being AEG, spring and gas. I'm quite good with GBBR systems too, WA especially.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Theure roughly the same price for a cylinder and bolt I believe

I agree with nickona, way too much magpul, but It's a nice gun all the same :)

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Oh my god.

I just checked the prices for a black PTW cylinder!

That is ridiculous, I bought a complete steel bolt with NPAS from RA tech and that was only 55. (Admittedly it was their cheaper bolt, but it's still a complete bolt. I'm wasn't ready to pay 160 for a CNC steel version...)

Why the hell are PTWs so expensive? I know they're nice an all, but are they worth THAT much?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Ok I was wrong.... that is a lot more lol.
I know theyre good but I can't justify their price. If I want realism ill go gbbr is I want performance I'm sure I could get an aeg performing just as well with upgrades, mofset etc- tm sopmod for example.

Saying that, I have thought about them a lot before but I always ended up looking at gbbr's :P

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
I'd wager I could get an AEG to perform much better than a PTW because I wouldn't be afraid to open it up and do some actual work on it, instead of sending it off to tack. Not saying anyone who owns a PTW is doing it wrong, but it's not the way I like to do it.

And yes GBBRs have won my heart. My VFC scar, just bought it so it should be my new favourite toy.... just sits in the corner :P

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
And the m14?

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
Well, M14's have a special place in my heart.... I always bring it to skirmishes even if I don't end up using it. It was my first proper AEG anyway

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Sounds like you need WE power

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
That's what I was thinking, but it might have to wait a few months until I've finished my current projects and loadouts. Or I'll just half do things and this time next year I'll still be doing my UKSF loadout...

Callum Snell

Callum Snell

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

If you can find an AEG that performs better than a PTW at the same FPS. Go for it.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I'm pretty confident I could get a marui socom/cqbr/sopmod/recce rifle to perform as well as one or at least close enough to not matter, however ptw's are still great, no denying that

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV

If you can find an AEG that performs better than a PTW at the same FPS. Go for it.

Challenge Accepted.

TPI

TPI

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2428 posts

• Loadouts: GroundBreaker

• Sites: Highland Tactical Airsoft
http://imageshack.us...myweaponai.jpg/

the hand guard will be od along with the vert grip and stock their will be one rail ontop so i can mount my tdi 5 position light mount and torch on and the silencer is gonna be a tracer and the bayonet will only be mounted with the silencer off and a basic flashhider to protect the threads and its gonna be wired to the front so i can use the stock to house extra batteries ill also be using the ready mag system on the receiver and an extra two mags in the rifle cheek rests you get all p mags with the p mag magpuls on them

I'm Craig, God's Boss!
FeedBack

Callum Snell

Callum Snell

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Sorry, but no. It won't happen.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
That's what i don't like about most ptw owners. They're obnoxious.

Callum Snell

Callum Snell

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I apologise, but we have a right to be. They're the best. There IS NO competition. going out to my mini-range to fire a five round grouping at 100 yards.

Cerbo Knight

Cerbo Knight

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

OD RAV
I agree with Marksman
Just because you spent more money on a gun, doesn't mean it will outperform all other weapons.

Also, sorry but I disagree. I don't think anyone has the right to be obnoxious... I could have bought a PTW if I didn't buy all of my other rifles too, but that would leave me with a single M4 that wouldn't actually have the performance I can get out of another AEG.
With the PTW hop unit, you can't use the flat hop mod with it, which produces 200ft+ shots with 330FPS, already proved. The PTW has little to no potential for anything new

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Exactly just because you it costs a lot doesn't make it the best. If you have the skill and are able to spend a while tuning and upgrading a normal aeg you can get it performing just as well at a much smaller cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users