Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gun picture thread

• Please log in to reply
4258 replies to this topic

Jambo88

Jambo88

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• Guns: G&G M4
Are GBB guns expensive to run?

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Not really. More so than an AEG but using less ammo partially counters the gas cost.

airsoftwarrior147

airsoftwarrior147

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• Guns: vfc hk417 sniper
    asg l96
    ics/cybergun m4a1
    classic army mp5sd5
    kwa sig p226

• Loadouts: marine force recon in the making

• Sites: the grange
Cavninja I think you should adopt me 😉
I've been after a Tm mp7 for years

THE FNG

THE FNG

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

• Guns: TM SCAR-H
    TM SCAR-L CQC
    Ares 'Honey Badger'
    TM FN 5-7 x2
    KWA/ASG MP9A3
    TM SPAS 12
    ICS GLM

• Sites: F&O - Anzio Camp
    Ace Airsoft - Wolverhampton

Really trying to make the most of my 5-7 before it sadly goes after so many fun times together...

Where did you get extended 5-7 mags?!?!

Anzio is my 2nd home!

My Airsoft youtube channel:  https://www.youtube....afXHbcRg/videos

L.O.S Airsoft

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Are GBB guns expensive to run?

They are a little bit more expensive than AEGs because the cost of gassing up a lot of mags, which typically only hold thirty-odd rounds each (for an assault weapon that is), when compared to the cost of a charging your AEG's battery, which might enable you to cheerfully fire off high cap mags all day long, is not equal. Then of course there is certainly a little more time to be spent lubricating and cleaning the working parts of a GBB if one hopes to keep it working smoothly, as opposed to an AEG, which could literally go for weeks without so much as a wipe with a damp cloth. But that is not necessarily a bad thing, or even a chore, if you happen to like guns and looking after them as much as you like using them.

The main cost is probably acquiring a GBB, and sufficient magazines for it. The magazines for a GBB are typically 25-50 quid each, and you need five or six of them to emulate a typical soldier's patrol loadout, so for a typical assault rifle, you might be spending another 200-300 quid just for magazines if it is a GBB. Conversely, AEG mags are more typically about 10 quid and you can get away with just one high cap one actually, and as you know, most AEGs come with one of those anyway. Even if you go with carrying six low cap AEG mags for a bit more reloading realism, you can invariably find boxes of five or six AEG mags can be had for about thirty quid or so.

Offsetting all of that additional GBB cost is the enhanced realism of a GBB of course. Unlike with an AEG, the firepower of a GBB is held in the magazines, as it is in a real firearm, so changing mags is a more realistic experience; the weapon is inert without a mag, unlike an AEG, so the emulation of a real firearm is vastly closer when using a GBB, even to the extent of field stripping the bolt and gas return mechanisms, which are often an almost identical procedure to the real weapon when field stripping a GBB version of it. The clatter of the action is more visceral than the whirring of an AEG and more akin to the sound you hear when firing the real weapon, the gas tends to give off a bit of visible vapour too, which looks more like a real firearm as well. Given that all these things add to the experience we are trying to emulate with airsoft, both when using and maintaining the weapon, you could argue that all of that offsets the additional cost, by adding to the value of the experience of owning and using a GBB.

Trouble is of course, that they are notoriously crappy in these present low ambient temperatures lol. But come summer, they are certainly the thing to have if you want something which will add to the fun of things, and i would say that their ability to add fun to the proceedings makes the cost worth the price of entry. Thus at the moment, my GBBs - MP5K, AKS74U, Colt 1911, Walther PPK - are all hibernating, but come summer, they'll certainly be getting an outing, and I'll be too busy having fun with them to worry about each shot maybe costing one pence more.

"Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

DEDSEC

DEDSEC

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

• Guns: TM Recoil M4
    G&P M249 Mk2
    Systema PTW MAX2
    BOLT B4
    KWA LM4 ERG
    WA MARSOC SCW
    TM Night Warrior

• Loadouts: BF4 US Assault Kit:
    Ops Core Ballistic Helmet
    LBT 6094
    Crye G3 Trousers
    Magnum Response II Boots

• Sites: Bunker 31

Tazball Airsoft

Where did you get extended 5-7 mags?!?!

I custom made it by cutting the end off one, and the top of another, welding the two together, stretching the follower spring, sanding the weld, then repainting.

Worked amazing well and gave me the ability to A: put more gas in and B: load 39 bb's in.

K0FxyQ7.jpg?2

"Remember, when you're lost in the darkness, look for the light"

My feedback!

http://www.airsoft-f...ec/#entry160526

Brilly91

Brilly91

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• Guns: G&G CM16 raider L

First gun :D Dont hate me because im two toned :( lol

IMAG2081_1_zpsqpw5cgzp.jpg

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Actually, I think that M4 looks pretty cool in two tone.  :)

Most US troops during the Vietnam War probably would have given anything to have been issued an M16 with that colour scheme, because quite a lot of them got hold of green pvc/duct tape and made their M16s look exactly like yours. Although to be fair, a lot of that tape on their M16s was to stop the thing rattling and falling apart, since the first M16s weren't exactly built like tanks, but, you can find a lot of pics of M16s, AR15s, M4 etc looking a lot like yours, so if anyone doesn't like it or think it looks odd or incorrect, then they don't know as much as they think they know! It will certainly work better in a woodland skirmish in that colour scheme than an all black one would.

Here's a pic of an M16 with green electrical tape on it during the Vietnam War. Keep in mind that colours are very faded on that old 1960s Kodachrome picture, that tape would actually have been a pretty bright green, not dissimilar to the colour on your M4, because the soldier who stuck that tape on his rifle would have wanted the colour to look like foliage with bright sunlight on it. Also notice that in the same picture, lying on a pack, there appears to be another M16 variant (probably an AR15) in the background which has had a similar treatment with green tape:

http://s161.photobuc.../walk3.jpg.html

A few things about that picture indicate that those guys know what they are doing incidentally. One of the weapons has a suppressor on it, the other appears to be an AR15, both of which were not typically issued to your average 'grunt' in Vietnam, but more often to units such as LRRP or special forces A teams. Note too that the weapon does not have a sling, which was done to avoid having stuff which could rattle or get hung up on branches. Both soldiers are wearing tiger stripe camouflage, as opposed to the standard M65 olive drab army gear you tend to see being worn in that war, also an indication that they are a more 'pro' unit than your average GI. They are in what appears to be a fire support base up in mountainous terrain, evidently high up enough to be in the cloud base, so they are probably near the Central Highlands. In 1968, if that date on the picture is correct, the location and the equipment seen would mean that they are probably involved in covert operations along the Western border of Vietnam.

"Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3747 posts

• Guns: Custom M4
    CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

• Sites: The Mall, Reading
    Ironsight, Andover

Interesting picture, where did you find it?

Incidentally the guy on the left is wearing US Woodland not Tiger Stripe. Could you explain how you identified the rifle in the background as an AR-15 and not an M16?

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Not really saying it's definitely an AR15 to be honest, that's really just what I tend to call Armalites which have the more later non-tapered grip we typically see on more recent various, since that grip started showing up around the same time that Colt started selling the M16 as a semi-automatic only civilian rifle, which they marketed as the AR15. So it's more a case of 'what i call them' rather than being a correct designation!

You're right too, that is woodland he's got on. As far as where I found it, it was just a search on the internet, although I'm pretty sure that it is reproduced in one of the many books I've got on the Vietnam War, because I've definitely seen that pic before.

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

be-careful with that website, its just sent my Norton into full panic mode  :unsure:  :unsure:

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Not surprised. Norton has got to be one of the biggest scam companies ever. When they're not writing bogus virus alert 'updates' into their software to keep you in panic mode so you renew your subscription to them, they're busy thinking of new ways of tying up your computer's system RAM with that appallingly badly optimised piece of bloated glorified malware.  :lol:

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3747 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover

Not really saying it's definitely an AR15 to be honest, that's really just what I tend to call Armalites which have the more later non-tapered grip we typically see on more recent various, since that grip started showing up around the same time that Colt started selling the M16 as a semi-automatic only civilian rifle, which they marketed as the AR15. So it's more a case of 'what i call them' rather than being a correct designation!

You're right too, that is woodland he's got on. As far as where I found it, it was just a search on the internet, although I'm pretty sure that it is reproduced in one of the many books I've got on the Vietnam War, because I've definitely seen that pic before.

I had a quick google and apparently that picture is of a LRRP unit in the central highlands. Pretty interesting actually - most likely (considering the role and the area) to have been a member of the 1st Air Cav that were moved into the LRRP role at the time who coincidentally were one of the first units to get the M16. By "tapered grip" do you mean the foregrip? As I've personally only ever seen 60's/70's era ones with the tapered, triangular style. There is suggestion that civilian spec AR15s were supplied to SF units (presumably to try and keep up with supply requirements) so it's perfectly possible I just couldn't make out enough detail in the picture.

Undieing_Lust

Undieing_Lust

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

• Guns: ICS CXP 16L
    ICS SIG 551
    KWA USP Match

• Loadouts: Some Black OP's/Police Thing (I like black)

• Sites: GreenZoneCombat

Not surprised. Norton has got to be one of the biggest scam companies ever. When they're not writing bogus virus alert 'updates' into their software to keep you in panic mode so you renew your subscription to them, they're busy thinking of new ways of tying up your computer's system RAM with that appallingly badly optimised piece of bloated glorified malware.  :lol:

Agreed with that. It chews up system resources...When your subscription time is up just grab Mircosoft security essentials and save yourself a few quid.

TELS_us_army_soldier_wallpaper_2560x1600

sp00n

sp00n

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1916 posts

• Guns: 1 or 2

• Loadouts: Fat Guy in MTP
    FAT NINJA!!!

i have honestly never had a problem with norton using anything more then 2% of my systems resources (and my PC is near 8years old), i always found mcafee was the resource hog.

(edit fyi, i use norton internet security)

Things i am after :-

TM FA-MAS parts! (hop, flash hider assembly, and trigger guard)

FA-MAS hi caps!

sniper.gifboom-1.gif

"UKARA registration number, which is as close to a licence as a Tesco Club Card.~ Ian_Gere"

Brilly91

Brilly91

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

• Guns: G&G CM16 raider L

Actually, I think that M4 looks pretty cool in two tone.  :)

Most US troops during the Vietnam War probably would have given anything to have been issued an M16 with that colour scheme, because quite a lot of them got hold of green pvc/duct tape and made their M16s look exactly like yours. Although to be fair, a lot of that tape on their M16s was to stop the thing rattling and falling apart, since the first M16s weren't exactly built like tanks, but, you can find a lot of pics of M16s, AR15s, M4 etc looking a lot like yours, so if anyone doesn't like it or think it looks odd or incorrect, then they don't know as much as they think they know! It will certainly work better in a woodland skirmish in that colour scheme than an all black one would.

Here's a pic of an M16 with green electrical tape on it during the Vietnam War. Keep in mind that colours are very faded on that old 1960s Kodachrome picture, that tape would actually have been a pretty bright green, not dissimilar to the colour on your M4, because the soldier who stuck that tape on his rifle would have wanted the colour to look like foliage with bright sunlight on it. Also notice that in the same picture, lying on a pack, there appears to be another M16 variant (probably an AR15) in the background which has had a similar treatment with green tape:

http://s161.photobuc.../walk3.jpg.html

A few things about that picture indicate that those guys know what they are doing incidentally. One of the weapons has a suppressor on it, the other appears to be an AR15, both of which were not typically issued to your average 'grunt' in Vietnam, but more often to units such as LRRP or special forces A teams. Note too that the weapon does not have a sling, which was done to avoid having stuff which could rattle or get hung up on branches. Both soldiers are wearing tiger stripe camouflage, as opposed to the standard M65 olive drab army gear you tend to see being worn in that war, also an indication that they are a more 'pro' unit than your average GI. They are in what appears to be a fire support base up in mountainous terrain, evidently high up enough to be in the cloud base, so they are probably near the Central Highlands. In 1968, if that date on the picture is correct, the location and the equipment seen would mean that they are probably involved in covert operations along the Western border of Vietnam.

haha two toned gun? what was i talking about? Its just my modern tribute to those who had shoddy weapons in vietnam lol

Was a great little snippet of info there Chock

Chock

Chock

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

By "tapered grip" do you mean the foregrip?

Yeah, I do mean the foregrip, but it's kind of hard to be sure that is what we can see. However, it looks to me like we are looking at the top edge of an AR-15 leaning on the packs behind the guys, it appears to have the six vent holes on it facing us, visible in between the front and rear of the foregrip, which appear to have had bands of green tape wrapped around.

In other words, I think we can see this part of an AR-15 (and this one in my photo definitely is a Vietnam War era military issued AR15, since it has a 'Property of US Govt M16A1' stamp on its receiver, but above that it also has 'Colt AR-15' in big letters to the right of the prancing horse Colt logo):

ar15_zpsa0f004a2.jpg

Lozart

Lozart

AF-UK Addict

• Supporters
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3747 posts

CA MP5K
    G&G SCAR-L CQC
    TM HK45
    A&K M249 Para
    M14 EBR Mod1
    Specna Arms MK18

Ironsight, Andover
Ah, yes I see it now!

Airsoft_Mr B

Airsoft_Mr B

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

• Guns: CYMA M4, WE G17

• Loadouts: MARPAT
    AUSCAM (DPCU)

• Sites: Halo Mill
    Alpha One
    F&O Khe Sanh

image_1.jpg

Sorry for bad pic quality - will upload better ones later.

Installed MOE grip

Much better, but now I notice the annoying gap.

New Strike Industries trigger guards should sort it out. (yet to order)

Will Lewer

Will Lewer

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

• Guns: G&G GC16 30th Anniversary Rifle,
    TM Glock 17

• Loadouts: Olive Drab

• Sites: Holmbush Dogtag Airsoft

All sorted for my first ever woodland skirmish tomorrow at Holmbush DOGTAG Airsoft (planning on going to the Epsom Tunnels sometime next week for my first ever CQC also)! My sight is zeroed, the hop up is adjusted nicely and all of my attachments are fitted and all mags feed well! :)  Judging from the Facebook page, it looks as if there'll be at least 70 people there so it should be great! I'm optimistic that it'll be dry throughout the day, fingers crossed! :D :D

dxH2cD6.jpgcAozjNs.jpg

"Sorry boss, but there's only two men I trust. One of them's me. The other's not you." <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users