Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Full face mask modification

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ironpriest

Ironpriest

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Guns: LMT M4A1 w. ACOG
    G&G L85A2 w. SUSAT

• Loadouts: British/Woodland camo
Hello all,

I did a forum search and couldn't seem to find anything about this, please excuse if this is a repost... I could easily imagine that it is though...

Well the airsoft range that i will be starting to play regularly at has a full face mask policy for all game types, even their large milsim games. My problem is that i can't look down my acog type scope without pressing the plastic cheek protectors well into my head because of my stock. (LMT M4A1 with tele-stock). I am guessing that others have had this problem and I want to see if any of you have any solutions?

Is there such thing as an offset scope/sighting system or maybe a scope raiser so I don't have to head butt my AEG to aim. Has anyone tried modding their face mask ie. cutting some of the cheek protector off? ... though the club could consider it not eligible for use as if wouldn't be a *full* face mask anymore...

If anyone has any pictures of a solution can you give them a post?

Thanks!
Ironpriest

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
You can get raisers to lift your scope up a bit but they don't look that great.

Couple of sites I've been to just say you don't need to use the sights/scope because you can see where the BB's are going anyways. It's true to a point but still frustrating that you can't do it properly.

jakmoon

jakmoon

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

• Guns:
    TM G36c

TM S.P.A.S 12

TM MP5K

• Loadouts: VIPER LA tactical vest

..... comming soon
i guess you first plan should be to ask people at your site.. the people who run it would be best to ask for advice... as they will be able to tell you what they would accept.

if not as devastator said you can get raisers to lift up your scope :)

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
horrible things are full face :P i found if you angle to weapon you can see down the sight better, its only used for spotting anyway as there useless in airsoft :) if not get a carry handle rail mount for the M4 and your sorted.

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Ironpriest

Ironpriest

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

G&G L85A2 w. SUSAT

Using the bb's A's tracers works, but it's a little too "Rambo" and doesn't feel as good... I guess the club will have some ideas... I didnt think of that.

What I've got on it can't really be called a scope really it hasn't got any magnification. it just projects a small red/green crosshair, so I play with both eyes open and I just have the sight melted into my vision. I might give a raiser/handle adapter a try... I did a little image search and it does look a little dodgey though

jakmoon

jakmoon

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

• Guns:
    TM G36c

TM S.P.A.S 12

TM MP5K

• Loadouts: VIPER LA tactical vest

..... comming soon
i have my red dot sight on a slightly raised ring on my g36c and i dont think it looks to shabby... mind you we did try it on my mates SR16 and admitedly it did look a litte strange....

tho if you can get over that its a practical easy solution to your problem.....

i would still ask your site see what the sugest... after all there oppinions count more than ours as you play there :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Wpuld goggles and a lower mesh mask count as full face at your site because that's what I use and I don't have any problems looking down my scope
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

REMSoft

REMSoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• Guns: TM Punisher MEU, TM G3, King Arms Blaser R93, CYMA RPK

• Sites: Apocalypse airsoft Detling
    Elite Battlezone
One of these may help:

http://airsoft-club....ion-mount-gp498
QUOTE (PeteJC21 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

If the guy was unarmed and you ended up putting him in a blender you'll get in trouble.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Ask at your site as most don't allow modified eyewear and protection tat I've been to.

Ironpriest

Ironpriest

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

G&G L85A2 w. SUSAT

Thanks for the help guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users