Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 1K Club!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Hi guys

How about a special section for those that have dedicated there time to the forum?

Tbh i only thought it would work cause the name has a ring to it! :P

Its easy to impliment and would be a nice touch what do you think?

Thanks

Jack

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Definitely something for the future at the moment (I do like the idea though). We only have 3 members over 1k posts :lol:

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

Its a exclusive club then :P

If you made it know we would be able to see if it works or not? I mean if it promotes spamming or what ever you will only have 3 members to disserpoint! :)

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
1 of those 3 being himself...no?

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

• Guns: we desert warrior
i think im gonna be come a spammer. joke lol x

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
At the moment it isn't going to work.

Good point about the spamming. I feel some people spam the forums as it is just to raise their post count. This might be another incentive to go spamming.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I see what you mean.... And BTW look at your post count Dev :P

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

it was done on another forum (the one people tend not to like) and people started writing about not much to get their posts up. (btw another 2 posts now)

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall

I feel some people spam the forums as it is just to raise their post count.

i know im one of them! lol i can admit it, well i post alot, dunno if it is spamming though

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Well if your posting merely to raise your post count then that is frankly ridiculous. Adding nothing constructive to the topic is classed as spam i.e. going off topic, not adding ideas, making a generic comment you could put in any topic etc etc.

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

personally i would class this as spamming anything that doesnt bear any good or bad advice or opinion for the original post or sub questions also just repeating some one else's answer just worded differently.. (which is how i define spam) what is not classed as spam in my own opinion is another question in a topic. the original topic. answering a question which in your opinion is the best answer and banter.

But thats just me.

Btw i started writing this before devastator wrote his

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall

Well if your posting merely to raise your post count then that is frankly ridiculous. Adding nothing constructive to the topic is classed as spam i.e. going off topic, not adding ideas, making a generic comment you could put in any topic etc etc.

then that is me D: im a bad forum-er! but i dont try to raise my post count, im just being a kid...lol a dirty kid sometimes!

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
If anyone else is going to post please make it on topic..

I'm about to top myself that it is still happening despite my explanations :lol:

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

I have never spammed intentually... My post count has been made up of almost 1.5 years of answering poeples question when back in the day (about a year ago) there was only a handfull of dedicated of members that could answer the newbies questions

But now there are more then two hands full of dedicated members... answers start to get repeated and poeple start to spamm unintentually this puts more pressure on the MOD team so lets give them a hand and just double think before you double post ;)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
a 'secret club' may be better, as a reward for those who manage the 1K.
as we get more members over 1K, we get more members allowed to access a certain area of the forum (more relaxed rules, for example)
but it isn't mentioned to >1K members... we get the club and less spam!

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
i think that kepping the forum clear of spam is important but there is a fine line between keeping it tidy ish and over policing the fact that you do get some of topic comments and a bit of banter imho makes the forum seem a more friendly and relaxing place to be. would be a bit boring if everything was dead serious. maybe the of topic part of the site should be put to better use. (instead of idiots starting word assicoation games etc :P :P )
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I'm absolutely fine for banter if its mildly on topic, you only have to go through the general discussion to find that things aren't dead serious :D

I just can't stand the off topic pointless posts which makes no difference if they are there or not. The vast majority of posts are fine :)

Closing this now anyway, this may/may not be introduced, anyone reading this and thinking they will rush to 1000 will be noticed and not shown the forum even if it does exist :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users