Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Southdown Airsoft Weekender

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui G-spec, 5 x CA Scar -H, 5 x CA SA58, 10 x CA AK47, 10 x CA AR10.
It's a thought but having two sites run a weekender at one site (unless it was on a neutral area) i feel would be difficult and could end up being counter productive. I think if my team were to go to local sites and talk to people at those sites about it there's no reason why the members of those sites wouldn't be interested in a weekender some where else?

P.S. Would your team be interested in a match against Southdown Airsoft?

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
i use the term "team" very losely more like a bunch of hung over brain dead 20somethings having a laugh. most of my hits during a day come from them and visa versa :P

i dont want this to sound like im being negitive or a bit funny but im just going to be honest the biggest problem you are going to have trying to attract more players is the fact that the more mature players ie 18+ tend to have other comitments familys, bills etc to worry about so only get to play about once a month ish and intill you have a more established reputation are going to struggle to get these players to take a chance on your site i think when you look at the gallery on your site it looks just like a bunch of pals messing around not the most profesional thing in the world i hope you dont take this the wrong way im NOT trying to have a go belive me no one wants this to take of for you in a big way more than me because i live in rustington near littlehampton so am really close to yourselfs, im in the process of trying to prosuade my pals to give you a go at the moment.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

• Guns: Tokyo Marui G-spec, 5 x CA Scar -H, 5 x CA SA58, 10 x CA AK47, 10 x CA AR10.
Appreciate the comments I really should update the gallery your right they were taken on a few private days and our first skirmish so that's probably why it looks like a few mates playing in the woods together .. Because they are, once the bracken and foliage start to poke through I'll change the gallery all together although I think the way they are displayed is good no? And I appreciate that people have commitments (although all my skirmishers of that age turn up every other week) but if ground zero can do it I can. Glad your considering our site we're just finishing our new HQ which is nice speaking of which I better go and crack on!

Any more interest leave a message below,

Cheers,

I.S.O

I.S.O

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Guns: G&G GR25 heavily customised, glock 32c

• Loadouts: desert/black and osprey carrier, comms and smokes
Hi southdowners,

Archie, i'm loving the idea of the weekender at the site, we should get some photo's up in the spring to show people whats on offer and definately need to get some work days organised,

dont forget the sugar for the coffee!

Pete

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Hey Matey yeah definatly just waiting for the foliage to reach its full capacity combined with a nice day and i'll bring the big camera down to get some more snaps.

did you happen to get in touch with your friend for plan clockhouse?

Spk sn

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

b.u.m.p

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I think we could.possibly make a forum event into it... just a suggestion, I don't think its too far away from.most of us. Would be good to put faces to names etc.
And another excuse to play at SAS lol

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
i whould be up for going depending when it is

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

That Marksman is a fantastic idea!!!

All in favour say 'I'

Haa may have to PM dev ;)

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
i all ready said i but ill go again I

cool face B)

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
I

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
possiable i :unsure:
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Southdown Airsoft

Southdown Airsoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Pm'd mr boss man Dev to see what he thinks of the idea!

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
Good, any time is ok for me, but its up to you when the event would be held

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Going by who has posted in this thread and generally the amount of active members we have that a ) are still actually playing airsoft and b ) are willing to travel, I'm not sure we'd have a great turnout this year at all. By all means it is something to consider for the future.

If you're really confident then feel free to set up a poll in the general discussion about it. You should stress in your post that people should only vote if they're serious. We got a lot of votes for the forums patches yet very little buyers so poll's cant be taken as level of interest at all really :P You'd likely end up with 20-25% of the interest the poll suggested imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users