Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Collecting?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

prof_crunchy

prof_crunchy

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Guns: CZ 75D Compact (CO2)
Hey all, i just joined primarily cos i have two questions about the airsoft laws.

Firstly I already own a CZ 75D compact CO2 gun (http://www.gunstar.c...mpact-A7758.jpg), it was bought by my father in 2009 (i was 17 at the time), however he does not have a UKARA membership, (and i don't think he even knows anything about it).
So am i right in saying that technically he broke the law in buying that gun, but i am not breaking the law in owning it?

Secondly i want to ask about collecting, I like airsoft guns and would like to buy more for the sake of collection, i am not interested in playing skirmishes or anything like that, so i won't be able to get a UKARA number. So i cannot collect (RIF) guns legally?

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
He did but if the seller did nto make sure that he had a defence then its more the sellers fault

As for your collectiong question then you carnt leagally buy any airsoft RiFs with out a Defence

prof_crunchy

prof_crunchy

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

He did but if the seller did nto make sure that he had a defence then its more the sellers fault

As for your collectiong question then you carnt leagally buy any airsoft RiFs with out a Defence

and the only defenses are skirmishing and reenactment?

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Skirmishing deffently Reenactment? Possibly i am not too sure

prof_crunchy

prof_crunchy

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Then the bottom line is, i can't have airsoft guns unless i plan to shoot people with them? :huh: The government sucks.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
that is essentially it.
If you are looking for a collection that doesnt fire, I'd look into deactivated firearms, but it's going to be more expensive

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
Reenactment is a valid defence under vcra. Just need to be a member of a reenactment group.

tpelling

tpelling

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Hey all, i just joined primarily cos i have two questions about the airsoft laws.

Firstly I already own a CZ 75D compact CO2 gun (http://www.gunstar.c...mpact-A7758.jpg), it was bought by my father in 2009 (i was 17 at the time), however he does not have a UKARA membership, (and i don't think he even knows anything about it).
So am i right in saying that technically he broke the law in buying that gun, but i am not breaking the law in owning it?

Secondly i want to ask about collecting, I like airsoft guns and would like to buy more for the sake of collection, i am not interested in playing skirmishes or anything like that, so i won't be able to get a UKARA number. So i cannot collect (RIF) guns legally?

The only defences are Skirmishing, Reenactment, Theatre use as prop, Film use as prop and Television use as prop.

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users