Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Zombies!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
I've been talking this over with Tim, and a few offical airsoft site runners, and I think I've gotten this game mode right.
Non team members, feel free to comment.
(Tim is more than happy to try it now on the 12th.)

Players - 2 survivors. 1 GBB pistol each, 2 mags. No extra ammo or gas cans. If you run out, tough luck. Hope you can run fast.
The rest are... 'Ill'. The ill split into two teams. Of these groups, one will be the 'supreme mind' - everyone in the mini teams HAS to follow this guy(s). He is literally the brains of the group. (This may change dependant on player numbers - not enough, and you're all just mindless shamblers!)

Gear - you can wear whatever gear you want.

The rules - the survivors have one and only one life. When someone Ill tags you, you're dead. And now on the Ill team (and can't use your pistol anymore)
The Ill - you have unlimited lives (...you know what I mean!) When you get hit - you stop moving for 10 seconds (count out loud for everyone to hear) After those 10seconds, you're up and ready to move again. If you are shot in your 'out time' you do not have to restart the count (otherwise the survivors would just spam shot you...) No running. You'll see why in a moment.

For obvious reasons, this is not an annihilation game.
This is a get from A to B, or move an object (medical supplied, a bomb, helicopter beacon, a cheese toastie, whatever)
This is either a long map (second woods and field guys) or a very small clustered sight (small woods)

The Ill and the Survivors start at opposite ends of the 'map' In the middle, there will be the object the survivors have to collect.
The ill can hide - but remember, if the 'hive mind' rule is in operation, you do as the brains say.
The survivors are timed - they have 5mins to get to the object - and 5 mins to get to 'B'. They can run to the object - but must walk with the valuable object.
Ill walk at all times, but remember - you can hide anywhere between site B and the object.

I've seen film of this game mode, and I've been talking to marshals who've done Z themed games. They work. Limited ammo, panic firing and time limits, and the living dead who can't be killed.
Team wise, we currently have Dave, Myself, Oggy and Rob ready for this, on a rota system. Possibly Lep if I allow AEPs (with low caps)
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

REMSoft

REMSoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• Guns: TM Punisher MEU, TM G3, King Arms Blaser R93, CYMA RPK

• Sites: Apocalypse airsoft Detling
    Elite Battlezone
Sweet! I'd love Xsite do do this!
QUOTE (PeteJC21 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

If the guy was unarmed and you ended up putting him in a blender you'll get in trouble.

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
i did one of these in ireland before i moved good times

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
Sounds like you could have some "zombies" getting bored though not sure I would be to happy if I turned up to play and was told that I have to follow some numpty around with no gun and only walking would ask for my money back
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
Well, this specific game is for the team at a team members farm, no money paid.
I understand your feelings, but it does work.

The sites we have at the farm are actually pretty well suited to it - short, small and very tightly clustered wood, where you can hide very easily and sneak around - or a long, narrow hilly site, with lots of dense bushes to hide in.

Remember, you start infront of them. It's timed, and the survivors cannot 'camp'.
I might limit people to one magazine, so you'll only have 12-19 rounds. No double taps.

And these games will only last 10-15mins tops.
At the moment, whenever we go to the farm, we usually spend a few ours pissing around in one long game in the morning in which everyone camps so nothing happens. (That is usually. The last time we went, Lep wrote up some pretty good scenarioes)
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
Sounds good for a smaller game (just for a laugh). My mate went to a site a while ago at halloween (thin it was the labs). Anyway it was just a standard game but during the night and then the zombies came out. Apparently it was pretty scary and even more funny! :lol:
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Cyrax

Cyrax

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

• Guns: TM G36C
    TM M16 A2
    TM Sig 552
    TM G-Spec
    KJW P226
Its interesting, i havent read a Zombie scenario before but was interested to see how they worked.

I like the idea of the survivors walking with the objective. Maybe it would spice things up to have a "left for dead" style class system - there could be 1 or 2 runners, and or/ one or two "tanks" who can only walk, but can only be dropped with multiple head shots (pick the guy with a helmet and a full face mask!). This way the shamblers could attack from the front, drawing fire, whilst a tank appears from the back, and just when you start reloading, a runner appears from the flank, and eats your face (...i mean, tags you.)

The rounds will be short, so everyone gets a go at doing all the different tasks.

Might be worth saying that the zombies have a choice - they can either go down with a headshot or burst to the chest, this will keep the survivers on their toes - you fire at a zombie, engage another, then turn back and the first one is still shambling towards you.

Ive always thought the problem with Zombie airsoft scenarios is they are too easy for survivors, due to numbers.

In this case however, it might be worth using main weapons with a mag or two, and then pistols with a mag or two, as otherwise it might be too difficult.

Just ideas, let me know what you think/if you try them/ they work!

craig

craig

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• Guns: SA80 A2 AG36
    Fn Minimi
    custom built "M4A2"
    P226R

• Loadouts: DPM, Flecktarn, every so often MTP

• Sites: basicly if i can find a site near were im at ill go
sorry to revive a dead topic
out of interest is anyone else doing a zombie match on Halloween (ooooohh scary)

if i hide maybe the stupid people will go away
I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest

Nickona

Nickona

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2454 posts

• Guns: Vektor R4
    Vektor Z88
    P226R

• Loadouts: African Merc
    SADF Infantry
    SADF Recce
    SANDF
    In progress:
    Rhodesian Army
    SANDF MONUSCO

• Sites: Xsite Lane End
    RIFT Com's Site 3
    IronSight Airsoft

Sweet! I'd love Xsite do do this!

you played the spec ops game xsite do, small number (14 when i was there of the best/most experienced) spec ops against the rest 40+,
I was on the spec ops team (even though it was my first ever skirmish) and it was awesome, shooting everywhere!

If you need a team or any patch deigns.. drop me a PM!!

Fire Team Zulu
Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
And our YouTube Channel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users