Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FPS Limit

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

• Guns: SRC G36C
    WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

• Sites: Combat South Woodland & Urban
    Most sites around Portsmouth & surrounding areas
Right, still havnt decided which rilfe to buy but one (the Well Warrior l96 MB01) has a fps of 450 - 470 and my site limit is 400 on snipers. They said to my mate that he couldnt shoot within 10feet because he was10 over but 60 is a lot. Im just wondering is it easy to lower the fps if necissary or do you think they'll leme off. (Its combat south so if anyon has gone through this please tell me what happened)

Edit: and how much would a 375ish fps be?

M4_DMR.png

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
you REALLY want to go for an AEG in this case, you simply won't have the power to outrange your AEG counterparts that a sniper should

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Speedle

Speedle

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

• Guns: ICS M1 Garand, TM VSR, TM 1911 NE, TM Colt Python, TM M870 Tactical, WE M&P 40, WE Glock 17

• Sites: UCAP Bunker (Portsmouth), Combat South Woodland (Wickham).
If I we're you chap I would have a chat with Steve down at CS and he'll be able to help advise you on your options. Down grading the fps should be easy enough if you know what you're doing and if done correctly you'll maintain good distance and accuracy.

They always chrono at CS and rightly so, so there will be no way getting around it. Weekend before last they refused a guy to play as his sniper rifle was ridiculously too hot.

I hear very good things about all the chaps at CS so give them a call mate they will defiantly help you out.

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

thanks, Ill give them a call some time soon then. Thanks :)

M4_DMR.png

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
I had a quick go on my mates l96 at combat south on Sunday it was shooting at 395fps and was a complete waste of time as my g36c shooting 340fps shot pretty much the same range much more accurately you may not listen but you will seriously reget buying a sniper if you want that type of gun buy a m14 and attach a scope you have the best of both worlds then
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
To get a decent sniper with good range you need truck loads of money for both the gun and upgrades. Like Sarni said, m14 wiv a scope job done
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

Well, the M14 EBR sounds good bu its fps is only 280 and im guessing that fps is extremly proportional to range, right? If thats the case then will it be any use as a sniper? Ive seen some reviews of the Well L96 MB01 that says is really good starter sniper out of the box.

What I really want to know is will the Kart M14 EBR have a decent range and accuracy for a sniper? (not asking for perfection, just usable as a sniper)

M4_DMR.png

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
If your want a higher FPS on a gun just get a deifferent spring. Simples! :D

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

\thanks but what i meant was: the only thing that affects range on a rifle is its fps right? if so 280 fps isnt really any use as a sniper right? But yer, ill get a new spring for the M14 i think, how much would a spring of about 340 - 350 fps be?

M4_DMR.png

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
NO THAT IS WRONG!!! Hop up and ammo and maybe the type of barrel being used is the most of the range FPS only plays a small part

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

NO THAT IS WRONG!!! Hop up and ammo and maybe the type of barrel being used is the most of the range FPS only plays a small part

is right but plays a slightly bigger role than you sudgest fps reffers to the velocity so basic physics would sudgest that the faster the ball leaves the barrel the further it will shoot what you are saying reffers to the accuracy

Aron

Aron

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

• Guns: Ares Tar 21,We M9, King Arms 24" free float sniper rifle, CYMA M14 SOCOM

• Loadouts: Multicam, 5.11 tactical VTAC vest (flat dark earth) 5.11 pouches, desert boots
FPS does probably help more than barrel/hop up. Also the thing about higher FPS is that it also gets the bb to the target quicker so they have less time to duck/move out of the way.
Claw Gear Stalker Mk2 Set for sale in Tan. PM me for more details.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
but if your sniping you shouldn't be close enough for them to know there is a bb or gun being fired at you

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Go for hop and barrel upgrades first. It's no good having "extra" range from the increased FPS (which won't do much on its own) if you can't then be accurate.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

but if your sniping you shouldn't be close enough for them to know there is a bb or gun being fired at you

And if you were a good enough shot that wouldn't be a problem..

Also remember to line up your scope. Theres no point having an accurate gun if the scope isn't on target.

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

Go for hop and barrel upgrades first. It's no good having "extra" range from the increased FPS (which won't do much on its own) if you can't then be accurate.

I agree with that was just pointing out that it's the gps that affects the range

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users