Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help With Airsoft Field Startup

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

• Guns: SRC G36C
    WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

• Sites: Combat South Woodland & Urban
    Most sites around Portsmouth & surrounding areas

You say you are already pretty well clued up on business if this was the case you should know that even with a bullet proof business plan you have next to no chance of getting a bank loan. They are not stupid they know that we are in one of the worst rescissions to hit this country, they also know that the first thing people cut back on when watching Money is leasure thus making the idea of investing in a start up business in the leasure sector a massive no no

I am still in my first year but I do like to think im doing well.

I think that you are partially right in the fact that bank loans are a LOT harder to obtain now but banks make their money on interest. To make interest they must lend and so if you walk in there with a bullet proof business plan they wont hesitate to give you the money. That said a bullet proof business plan is practically impossible. If I want to have a chance Ill just have to get damb close :P but never hurts to try right?

M4_DMR.png

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc

however once you finish college and get a few years of work on you we SHOULD be out and we will be in a economical boom. Should be a good time start then :)

I won't hold my breath :P
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
at the end of the day things could go wrong so aim for a bullet proof back up plan too :P
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

at the end of the day things could go wrong so aim for a bullet proof back up plan too :P

If all goes wrong my backup plan is to cut my losses, get a job and pay off my debts then hopfully start again probably with a different business. No risk No reward :)

M4_DMR.png

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
He who dares rodders my son, he who dares :D
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
who dares wins! :D I hope everyone knows where that motto is from otherwise I will be slightly disturbed :P All buisnesses have to start somewhere. many of the best buissnessman have started with nothing. With good ideas, a solid plan and the rest Im sure you can make this work but I reckon its going to take you a bit of time to build up your funds until you can start working on this.

Bit off topic but my dad is a chauffeur and drove bill gates a couple of times. Each time he drove him we had to go and buy m&m's as he has a strange obsession with them :huh:
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

shotagain

shotagain

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

• Guns: Loads of hire guns
Well, interesting post to say the least, I have been a co owner of a site for coming upto 5 years, and marshalled for 3 prior to that, and I can assure you finding land to airsoft on is far from easy, with access and planning permission a huge issue, especially if you wish to build anything on site.

when you do find a site there is all of this to be done, H&S risk assessments, a child protection policy, insurance (various leisure companys out there around 750 for 3 mill public liability a year) hire guns, mags, batterys, masks, camoflague, safe zone to be considered, marshals, and if you want to do food food and hygiene to sort, registration with the local council and contacting the local police and locals near your site to try and alleviate the possible complaints etc and a good idea and knowledge of Airsoft games (TOTALY different from playing them) advertising as just opening a site usualy has you a player base of your mates to begin with,

thats before you get into negotiations with land owners who can be VERY, VERY protective of there land, if you go for urban it even worse with possibility of leasing/solicitors fee's etc pending the size/location etc!

And then you never get to play because your too busy all day sorting things out and making the day enjoyable for your punters! why do I do it again! definetly not for the money I would run a paintball site for that!!!

any questions feel free to ask mate

Forgot to mention website, flyers printing, and accountant also realistically you need 25+ acres of land which as woodland to buy if it's available you can't buy now for less than around the 150k Mark?

Justin

Jake117

Jake117

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

WELL L96 (Barely works)
    TM M9A1
    Custom M4 DMR

Wow, thats a lot to think about. I do know this will be FAR from easy but I think I would enjoy the running of the business just as much as when I play (and I dont ecpect to be playing every single game either).

Anyway thanks a lot justin. That was very usefull and just the kind of information I was looking for. :D

M4_DMR.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users