Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Broken TM Aug, please help me figure!

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• Guns: Classic Army M15A4, Tokyo Marui Military AUG

• Loadouts: British Woodland DPM Trousers, British Woodland DPM Jacket.
Hi,

So my new battery for the TM Aug arrived today (a 1600MaH 8.4v Mini) and I got home, put it in and HOPED to high hell that it worked. It let off a short sharp pop like firing a shot and then went silent. I was pretty chuffed because it was the first time in about 4 years that it had made a 'proper' noise. With that, I figured that I'd been sent a dead(ish) battery that probably required a first charge. Now let me be straight, I've not got (nor can afford right now) a smart charger or even dedicated airsoft charger. Mine is just DC wall plug to a splitter with a normal clip plug and mini Tamiya clip plug. I use the large one for my big ol' M15A4 battery and that works fine. I just put it on charge for a few hours and hope for the best- generally works and has done that way for a couple of years. Maybe not the case with this new battery or am I being too hasty and need to give the new battery a good few hours before I even try it out on the TM AUG?

Confuzzled and a little bit annoyed that I've not solved the AUG problem as of yet :(

How do you tell if the fuse is bust? It's a stock 15A fuse...should I change it?

My plan is to charge the battery overnight and try in the morning. If that fails, I'll have a full battery to keep aside. Then I'll try another fuse and if that doesn't work then I'm really lost.

Help me get my kickass AUG into action!

Thanks in advance

Nick

P.S- Just asking for any advice or wise words regarding what may be the problem...

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Just get rid of the fuse and hard wire it straight in and see if you have a goer.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Just get rid of the fuse and hard wire it straight in and see if you have a goer.

Thanks for the reply mate, so just remove the gearbox etc and solder a red wire between the battery port and the bit where it enters the gearbox?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
No I wouldn't bother messing about wiring it in all the way back to the gearbox, just remove the fuse so it isn't in the circuit.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

..and then solder the 2 red ends of wire together?

(So sorry for my naivety but I'm completely new to this. Great that I'm learning already!!!)

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
No i think they just link together right?

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
go to where the fuse is, see the (normally) black box
open her up and the fuse is there, pull the fuse out
cut a piece of wire about the same lenght as the fuse
solder it in to the box, connecting the ends of the wires together.

OR

open black box
remove fuse
grab ends of wires with fuse connectors
hold them together whist you apply copious amounts of electrical tape around them to hold them together
see if it works
if yes, remove tape and fuse connectors and slice the ends together to make a more permanent connection

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Ah this is weird then. When I open the stock of the gun up, I get a mini Tamiya connector coming from red & black wires. About 4 inches down the red wire, there's a little clear plastic fuse holder, definitely no 'black box'. I've opened the holder to reveal the fuse. Shall I remove it and touch the 2 fuse connectors together and see if it does anything? Obviously I won't be touching metal when the battery is connected and the trigger pressed!

Would this suggest that the gun is modified in some way?

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
ok, your black box is clear :P
yeah, take out the fuse and touch them together

also, It's only 8.4Volts with 2 amps going though ya, no worries (unless you are holding one with one hand and the other in the other hand and you have a pacemaker)

bit of tape to hold them together should be fine

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Ahh I get it, a clear black box :D

Have just done that...

Nothing :(

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Seeing as the gun didn't work, I decided to do something maybe considered quite brave for someone so new to airsoft mechanics...

Opened the whole thing up, took everything out, cleaned contacts, opened up gearbox...

What??? :D

I thought well I'll have to learn how to do it at some point so I thought why not now? I'm in no hurry for the AUG at all as I have my M15A4 for skirmishing. I can use the AUG as a learning tool and re-wire everything over time as a little project.

Why not eh?

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions throughout guys, much appreciated!

I'll use this thread to either update or query the situation regarding the gun.

Ta!

Nick

P.S- I did read the pinned topic in this forum, just so you know that I wasn't being ignorant and was just being ambitious and curious!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
as long as you don't 'do a top gear' and be ambitious, but rubbish, you'll be fine.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Thanks Dave, it's not like I've done no research too. I've been studying the videos on Mechbox of the disassembly, upgrade and reassembly of the TM V3 gearbox. I'm looking forward to getting home tonight and putting it all back together.

What would you suggest if I put it back together, attach it to the battery and I still get no power?

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
check the motor

take the motor and just run it outside of the gearbox, if it is placed on a desk a fully functional motor will jump when it starts up, due to the torques
if it wobbles around a bit, with no real power (still spinning) it's probablt shorted inside the motor, which can be expensive to fix (new motor)

failing that

If the gun is making a noise when the trigger is pulled it is a mechanical problem, the motor wants to pull the spring, but something is blocking it.

seee how it goes and get back to us if it works :D

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Will try that Dave, thanks for your help mate. No doubt you'll be hearing from me tonight :D

REMSoft

REMSoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• Guns: TM Punisher MEU, TM G3, King Arms Blaser R93, CYMA RPK

• Sites: Apocalypse airsoft Detling
    Elite Battlezone
If the worst comes to the worst, bring it down to me. I've had to do countless AUG repairs for my own AUG, and several other people's. I'm down in Kent. Repair for 10 + parts (if necessary!)
QUOTE (PeteJC21 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

If the guy was unarmed and you ended up putting him in a blender you'll get in trouble.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

If the worst comes to the worst, bring it down to me. I've had to do countless AUG repairs for my own AUG, and several other people's. I'm down in Kent. Repair for 10 + parts (if necessary!)

Extremely kind of you REMsoft, thanks! I'll see how it goes with the assembly but have a funny feeling I may be in touch!

REMSoft

REMSoft

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

• Guns: TM Punisher MEU, TM G3, King Arms Blaser R93, CYMA RPK

• Sites: Apocalypse airsoft Detling
    Elite Battlezone

Extremely kind of you REMsoft, thanks! I'll see how it goes with the assembly but have a funny feeling I may be in touch!

You're welcome. Email me if you need the repair: reism1@hotmail.com
QUOTE (PeteJC21 @ Oct 29 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does it come with a pair of sunglasses?

If the guy was unarmed and you ended up putting him in a blender you'll get in trouble.

Bluegill

Bluegill

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

You're welcome. Email me if you need the repair: reism1@hotmail.com

Okay mate thanks. It'll be a while off if I do decide to do it that way. Want to have a good go myself.

I think it may be a motor issue. See the attached (and poor) image below. This is the rig as it is now. In theory, to complete the circuit, I must touch together the two red wires (that would usually be connected with the metal trigger plate that I've marked with the two white arrows) and then the motor should start. Is that correct? The battery is plugged in. Any other pointers as to go about testing the motor would be gratefully received!

http://i167.photobuc...EGMotorcopy.jpg

Thanks!

P.S - Will be heading to town this evening to get myself a few new tools. I'll be getting some needle-nose pliers, a small set of screwdrivers and a torx set. Anything else you think I'll need?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
What you're explaining in your picture looks correct to me (I'm no expert I'm afraid, from what I can judge by the picture, electronically it should work assuming all connections are made and not loose or bad joints)

Not completely sure what Dave was getting at, but have you tried just directly hardwiring the battery to the motor (just a touch, ensuring all connections are definitely made) to see if it spins up?

We have a thread on a basic tool kit here:
http://www.airsoft-f...?showtopic=2503

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users