Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Newbie looking for advice.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Good evening all.

I'm looking at getting into airsoft with a good friend of mine. We were looking at doing this last year but after redundancys it has been put off until now. So with the sob story out of the way i have a few questions. a couple of

1) Can anybody recommend any good sites in the West Midlands we live near dudley so the closer the better?

2) Whats the best brand in the airsoft world (for guns) im a little confused as there are soooo many?

3) Does it matter what type of camo you wear on the game days as i really like the look of the digital camo?

4) Is it ok to have a springer for a side arm as i dont want to spend a lot of money on a side arm?

thats really it for now, any information would be greatly recieved.

Thank you and hello

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Welcome to the forums :)

Take a google for airsoft map and that will help you locate sites near you.

There are a lot of good brands, it's easier to narrow down if you can decide what you want, e.g. MP5, AK etc.

Wear what you like :)

You don't even have to have a sidearm, and if you want to use a springer, then that's fine but don't expect it to be amazing.

Hope this helps.

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Welcome to the forums :)

Take a google for airsoft map and that will help you locate sites near you.

There are a lot of good brands, it's easier to narrow down if you can decide what you want, e.g. MP5, AK etc.

Wear what you like :)

You don't even have to have a sidearm, and if you want to use a springer, then that's fine but don't expect it to be amazing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. In regurads to the gun, I looking at getting a M416 full metal and have a buget of around 400.
But would hope the 400 would also cover the cost of a Acog scope

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
That should be plenty... you can easily get a really good quality plastic bodyed one and still have 150 left?

As for metal ones there are becomming cheaper and cheaper but you wont be left with as much money for scopes etc

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
400 is plenty for a good gun, but how much are you planning to spend on your gear (chest rigs, camo...) This stuff can be nearly just as important :)
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

400 is plenty for a good gun, but how much are you planning to spend on your gear (chest rigs, camo...) This stuff can be nearly just as important :)

Oh i forgot about that. Guess i was going to put it into my pockets lol :P

I was going to buy some digital camo but im looking at playing in woodland so i might stand out like a sore thumb.
could you recommend any good chest rigs!

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
i brought all my gear including vest and boots for about 70 good enough for starting out. The joy of army surplus shops! :P
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Oh i forgot about that. Guess i was going to put it into my pockets lol :P

I was going to buy some digital camo but im looking at playing in woodland so i might stand out like a sore thumb.
could you recommend any good chest rigs!

what sort are you looking at? :)

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

what sort are you looking at? :)

There are different types?? :o oh now im confused.

I would like some sort of light body armour with some pockets i guess. Sorry to be so vague im clueless

elobire

elobire

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

There are different types?? :o oh now im confused.

I would like some sort of light body armour with some pockets i guess. Sorry to be so vague im clueless

i think he means what type of rig do you want. there are mayn different types and i guess some people have their favourite.

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I suppose soemthing light and lets me move easy.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Chest rig maybe? Highly mobile.... low profle so all the weight is on your hips.... and plenty of pouches for your avrage beginner :)

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
a belt rig is the lightest you can get (other than just using your pockets). Something like this but in digital might be a good option
An assualt vest like this one will still be very light
Or you can get a rig with a MOLLE system like this one which means you can use whatever pouches you want making it as light or as heavy as you widsh

Sir Blamo

Sir Blamo

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

a belt rig is the lightest you can get (other than just using your pockets). Something like this but in digital might be a good option
An assualt vest like this one will still be very light
Or you can get a rig with a MOLLE system like this one which means you can use whatever pouches you want making it as light or as heavy as you widsh

That MOLLE looks amazing. :D Thanks alot Alex you are a god among gods. Also thanks to all the other members who have helped so far.

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
combat south have vests for around 20 its what ive got and for the money cant go wrong

www.combatsouth.co.uk
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users