Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gift?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• Guns: Classic Army M15A4, KWA Glock 17.

• Loadouts: ACU.
My friend is under 18 and his dad has a UKARA, his birthday is coming up and he wants to know whether his dad could purchase him a RIF (obviously as a gift)?
Thanks

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
yup, you CAN gift a RIF, and as it's his birthday that seems to prove it is a gift

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Callum Lol

Callum Lol

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• Guns: Classic Army M15A4, KWA Glock 17.

• Loadouts: ACU.

yup, you CAN gift a RIF, and as it's his birthday that seems to prove it is a gift

Oh great, i'm sure he'll be happy. Thanks.

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
thats not totally correct in fact thats illegal, and surely if his dad was UKARA registered he should have a better understanding about the law?

His dad can buy the gun and that gun would become his not his sons, when at a game site his son can be loaned the weapon for the day

you cannot gift RIF's to people under 18 and people who do not have a UKARA license, Its illegal.

You can only gift IF's (2 Tone).

Dave maybe you misunderstood the question there?

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

mattswan2512

mattswan2512

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

• Guns: SYSTEMA M4 MAX
    ICS M4A1 CARBINE
    KWA Glock 18c
    G&G Pistol M4
    Franchi SAS 12 Shorty

• Loadouts: black cqb gear + black molle vest
    BDPM kit inc sas smock + bdpm viper vest

• Sites: Combat south woodland- Wickham
    First and Only The Mall- Reading
    UCAP Bunker- Portsdown Hill
I thought the law stated that it is only illegal to buy a rif therefore if it is gifted to him then there should be no problem. the thing is the law is so loosely structured with so many gapping black loop holes that i dont think many people are botherd. in this case its a father who is buying the gun for a son who skirmishes and with a bit of common sense applyed there should not really be a problem. im ukara and id gift a rif to a familly member who is sensible and i know skirmishes.
If You Miss The First Time Switch To Auto

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN

I thought the law stated that it is only illegal to buy a rif therefore if it is gifted to him then there should be no problem. the thing is the law is so loosely structured with so many gapping black loop holes that i dont think many people are botherd. in this case its a father who is buying the gun for a son who skirmishes and with a bit of common sense applyed there should not really be a problem. im ukara and id gift a rif to a familly member who is sensible and i know skirmishes.

Providing that hes 18 thats all above board as remember you dont need have a UKARA license to have an RIF just be a regular skirmisher.

however if you gift an RIF to someone under 18 and his mates are round messing about (which lets be honest can happen and HAS happened) [Read about this on another board] On your head be it in the eyes of the law. as you gifted him it,

If you value airsoft's future then you will obey the law simple as.

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users