Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Forum Patches?

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy a forum patch? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Answer yes or no..

1. Yes (56 votes [94.92%])

Percentage of vote: 94.92%

2. No (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Thing is Fate, the more detail you add like scratches etc the more expensive it becomes :P

So far we have 10 or so people who want these and its something we will look into once we get quotes for how much these will be etc we will tell you how much these will cost you.

Were still looking whether to get woven patches or printed ones.

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

• Guns: VFC Mk.16 (SCAR-L)
    G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

• Loadouts: S95 BDU's
    5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
printed patches would be cheaper but woven ones would look better maybe you could do a mixture of both and charge more for one than the other?? idk its just an idea
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
The problem we have at the minute is 10 or so people wouldn't mind a patch but from all I've seen so far most places look for orders of around 100, which budget wise makes no sense for us I'm afraid.

If anyone were to find somewhere that could do these at a much lower quantity I'd be happy to get it going.

If you really want more then I suggest you keep recommending us to everyone telling them to become regular on here, if we get something like 30-40 votes (no double accounts please :P) then I'll take the plunge.

elobire

elobire

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i would assume there would be people wanting these which just havnt seen the thread yet. could always try sending a email out to all members to vote.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
i probably have friends who dont have an account here, but would happily let me order one for them :) but yeah it will still be around under 50 people all together so printing by the hundreds is useless, and wouldn't be sold for a while...

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
i will post on facebook and reccommend to freinds... i will find some other ways to advertise...
Formally 'BatHat'

I skirmish around the Reading to Watford area, Mainly Red 1 Skirmish and The Mall, PM me if you skirmish there :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
If those interested can offer money up-front as a deposit, it reduces the cost on a single individual.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Mitchell Gee

Mitchell Gee

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

G&G GR16 (M4)
    HFC HG-185 (Glock 17)

5.11 VTAC Vest
    Hi-tech Fiftypeaks boots
for the first batch you could do it on a fundraising thing to atleast get like half the money... maybe you could do a thing like where donators get privaleges like be able to bump their topic twice a week or maybe they could have like a Semi-Moderator thingy were they get some of the abilities of a mod (within reason) OR (this is prob the best) give them a discount on patches (such as if you charge 2.50 for the patches they can get them for 2 or something) and a new title under their name/pic instead of something like forum reguar they can have "Donator" and mods that donate can have "Moderator/Donator" you will be surprised what people would do to have something unique (well i would do)

Thanks,
Mitchell
Formally 'BatHat'

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
Actually, that is a good point, mods get the Moderator and people who have far too much time and post enough get forum regulars.
is it easy to give people who help out, point things out a 'forum helper' tag and like fate said, a forum supporter tag?

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
A similar idea is being worked on where we would have supporters, and it would be a 10 sub for the year (discounted if you buy more years) or you can buy less time too.

Trouble is I'm trying to get as many benefits for you guys as possible so requires emailing a lot of retailers etc.

Maybe I'm wrong though, does something like increased PM space, a special title such as 'Supporter', ability to bump posts in the classifieds sooner and maybe a hidden forum for supporters appeal at that price? Obviously half the idea is you are helping the forum out too. The more people who signed up would also mean we could do things like giveaways (might start small with just BB's etc and then get onto guns)

We have had the ability to donate since the forum was opened near enough but we as yet haven't received anything, tight bunch you are :lol:

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
I like the "pirze giving" part of it? how about a Supporters Raffle at the end of the year?

And i would like to help out if you make a "supporters Package" Its something i would do.....

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
Certainly the increase PM space/more tolerance on posting rules could be very useful.
Depending on traffic numbers and amount of people who choose to donate, put people who have either contributed a large sum of money in to a yearly/monthly raffle to choose a winner for a prize, and those who contribute a small amount into the next raffle.
Something like that to encourage people to support the forums.

As far as contributing goes, I may well be making a donation shortly.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Well the idea that everyone would pay the same subscription fee and would be entered into the raffle would really make it fairer. If it was unset then people would almost be bribing their way to the raffle prize.

I will be setting this up at 2,000 members, anyone who donates before then will receive a supporters packing of equivalent value when it comes into play.

Dave I wouldn't be able to give you Moderator and Supporter titles unfortunately but you will of course receive the same benefits if you wish to partake.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

Just out of intrest what would our money be paying for?

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
im up for the yearly subs thing.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
I don't mind about not having both titles, It's more important that people know I'm a mod, and most people can guess I support the forum.
I'll be one of the first to donate at 2K members then, makes life a bit easier for us

elobire

elobire

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
i dont think having a manditory subcription fee would be the best way to go about things. it would definatly cause nearly everyone to leave to a new forum and i dont think this forum is active enough for people to pay it.
what i would think is a good idea (not sure if its been suggested) is usergroups which you can pay for. what you can then introduce is a rep system to give reputation to users, but only people who paid for the new usergroup get it. added with increased PM space ect it would be worth while.im sure most people would buy it.

the problem about the donating as well is that its not easy to find, i cant see any way to donate. i think chaning it to a menu option at the top of the forum would make members realise that donations are needed.

EDIT: i think il donate 20 when i get my first gun. this forum has taught me more about airsoft than anywhere else.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

No your not getting the idea.... it ant manditory

The idea is pay a subscription of say 10 and get certain privleges from it... but only if they want too

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
what about if one of the benefits was a UKARA number checking service?

I don't know how this would work as you need to be a retailer or a game site, would need to contact them see if we can sort something out. they don't give a government database out to nobody now :P

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
The donation link is in my sig, and also in the announcements section. It has very hard for me to tell how obvious something is when I know where it is :)

I don't wish to be crying out for a donation too much as we aren't about to fold because of it. However a link on the top bar would be good (as suggested)

The main goal for me is that this is still a great forum even if you weren't to sub etc, just if you were a regular etc it would offer good things to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users