Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

...again...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
That's if you use the standard forum search. If you just use the massive box (above the button to go to the original search feature) it uses Google and is much better.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall

That's if you use the standard forum search. If you just use the massive box (above the button to go to the original search feature) it uses Google and is much better.

oh cool :) i will now use that lol :)

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
If you're interested SA80s (IW, AFV, LSW, Carbine) then the details in the topic Dev posted are slightly out of date. Recently, G&G, and ICS have 'thrown a spanner into the works' so to speak.

G&G have become avaliable again. However, they now have 3 versions, not just the L85. The L85 Carbine (has the LSW foreguard) (rarely, if ever used IRL), the L22A1/A2 (?) AFV (the really small carbine) and the standard IW.
Possibly going to release an LSW in the future (due to the creation of the LSW handguard for the Carbine)
I honeslty have no idea what these are like. There is a video review (2 parts) from a team in the UK that go hold of 3 copies, pre-release to test. They seem pleased with them. However - I have no idea what, if anything G&G fixed.
So - G&G may be a really good, 250 semi-budget (compared to ICS and ARES :lol:) SA80 supplier. However, like I said- I honeslty have no idea how good they are.

ICS have also released the L85 Carbine. I assume it is as good as their L85, only shorter and with the LSW handguard.

Since posting that info, I also picked up my LSW (ICS). Compared it to an ARES one. True, the ARES/Star looks better (ok, it's more realistic, pretty much 1:1 scale replica) - but, I found my ICS was the better performer. ARES owner said he prefered the ICS because it was easier to get to the mech box, and easier to put a new barrel in (something I have yet to do, and probably won't tbh)

ELITE, I gotta say, since you posted the tacticoool AK, I've found myself really wanting to add an AK to my armoury...
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall

If you're interested SA80s (IW, AFV, LSW, Carbine) then the details in the topic Dev posted are slightly out of date. Recently, G&G, and ICS have 'thrown a spanner into the works' so to speak.

G&G have become avaliable again. However, they now have 3 versions, not just the L85. The L85 Carbine (has the LSW foreguard) (rarely, if ever used IRL), the L22A1/A2 (?) AFV (the really small carbine) and the standard IW.
Possibly going to release an LSW in the future (due to the creation of the LSW handguard for the Carbine)
I honeslty have no idea what these are like. There is a video review (2 parts) from a team in the UK that go hold of 3 copies, pre-release to test. They seem pleased with them. However - I have no idea what, if anything G&G fixed.
So - G&G may be a really good, 250 semi-budget (compared to ICS and ARES :lol:) SA80 supplier. However, like I said- I honeslty have no idea how good they are.

ICS have also released the L85 Carbine. I assume it is as good as their L85, only shorter and with the LSW handguard.

Since posting that info, I also picked up my LSW (ICS). Compared it to an ARES one. True, the ARES/Star looks better (ok, it's more realistic, pretty much 1:1 scale replica) - but, I found my ICS was the better performer. ARES owner said he prefered the ICS because it was easier to get to the mech box, and easier to put a new barrel in (something I have yet to do, and probably won't tbh)

ELITE, I gotta say, since you posted the tacticoool AK, I've found myself really wanting to add an AK to my armoury...

Haha call me Zak, and i think it wouldn't seem right to have British gear and turn up with an AK47 (Tacticool) :lol: but still *goes for a pee, finds out it wasn't a pee...nuff said* btw i hope your not eating food when i wrote that...:lol: ANYWAYS the R85 will have to do it, i will utterly destroy the blow back function (i will try to disable it) and maybe do a few other things to it :)

thanks
-Zakaria

Posted Image

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
Right, I know that my R85 had the full AW 'works' done on it, to fix it (after it broke). It still broke, but thats because the gun was really awfully made, not their fault.
Dave is currently 'tinkering' with it. I would say 'fixing', but in all honesty I think its pretty close to becoming a wall hanger (of happy memories of when I first started out skirmishing).
I believe R85s/ (old...) G&G L85s need some work on the piston and selector gear too, but I don't know what. Best ask Dave (I believe it is currently scattered about his floor).
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts

I believe R85s/ (old...) G&G L85s need some work on the piston and selector gear too, but I don't know what. Best ask Dave (I believe it is currently scattered about his floor).

Yeah, the sector gear needs 2? teeth removing from it asn the piston requires the rfont two removing/a new piston with a 10mm spacer added to the front (sadly unpurchasable, have to be custom made I believe)
The gears are fairly simple to get hold of (same GEARS as a Marui M14, different case), but I am unsure as to the longevity of the gearbox design at all really, yeah the split gearbox design in nice, but there are so many moving bits and little springs everywhere, it just can't work in the long term.

also, It isn't all over the floor.... well, some of the smashed gear bits are (it did that on it's own too, so I removed the smashed spur gear, currently waiting for shops to be open again) It is all together, except the spur gear, the anti reversal latch and the tenstion release as they are a right arse to fit back in..... moreso than a V2/3 gearbox -_-

personally, We don't seem to have had any problems with the ICS, so I would go with that.
BUT
WE seem to be doing an L85 replica in lovely GBB soon *is excited and prepares bank account for a serious battering*

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
The WE one.
Uhm...I'll pass.

It's just an R85 that they've converted. And not very well. They've mucked up, all the pics I've seen so far have some of the controls slightly wrong (inverted), the ironsights backwards (which I believed to be physically impossibleto do) and the gasblock (on the RS, not this) inverted. Whilst I'm not a true 100% replica nut, I alteast like things to be pretty close

Maybe, when they get closer to the release date, I might change my mind (I saw this 2 months back).
Or, I'll wait and see if they do an L86 GBB

They have to finish it first!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
WE ONLY do GBB rifles/pistols.
and they do them bloody well.
They took the Marui Hi-capa (can only handle 134A gas), tweaked it a bit, added a metal slide and they now sell magazines that go straight into their normal Hi capa's with a CO2 canister to deliver roughly double that of a stock marui.
If anyone knows GBB it is WE

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
ooh that would be real nice :) GBBR L85

Posted Image

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
Appart from the fact that we live in the UK, and as such it'll only ever really work properly in Spring and Summer. I like GBB for pistols, and little else. Like I said, if someone does a nice L86 LSW in GBB, I might bite.

Trust me Dave, the last time I saw their L85 I wasn't that impressed.
By converted R85, I mean they had the shell of the R85. On their first ever vid, you could even see AA's production stamp on the lower reciever. Thats what I meant by converted.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Quickly, i have seen another M4 from G&G, it is their GR15 raider, surprisingly i have a nun-chuck battery already :) and it is a nice compact, LIGHT M4 and with the RIS handguard, well yeah... i have a forgrip and i will probably get a 1 point as they are bloody useful :D so i think that will be awesome, zeroone, free 2 tone, and a skirmish voucher??? (Tell me what a skirmish voucher is! please :) ) i will also get a silencer sometime soon to compensate for the short barrel :) OH and it has G&G's Pneumatic Blowback system :) not that i care about blowback, it is just nice, also i did say i find M4s anoying but for this price, and make, and all the features, i can't go wrong to be honest

thanks
-Zakaria
Going to play Black Ops on the 360 now
Bye

Posted Image

bigshep

bigshep

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

• Guns: have: ics cxp, cyma ak tactical, 2x ak beta spetz, owned lots

• Loadouts: Ukranian TTSKO + assault vest, or OD PLCE
z1 skirmish voucher can be redeemed at ground zero, their woodland site near Ringwood, Hampshire. Not sure that it can be used at their urban site at Bransgore, near Ringwood, Hampshire though.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Oh ok then i dont need that :P

Posted Image

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
That blowback can mean problems... depends on how well its made

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
well...it is G&G also it won't do anything, hopefully :)

Posted Image

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

W.E. L85 & SUSAT

Generic soldier 2007+
IRRC Zak, someone on the forum recently bought/recieved the G&G G15 raider. If you find them, you can ask them what it's like.
(Other than that, I'll only say I've yet to be impressed by G&G's blowback designs, but then my R85 has tinted my view somewhat...)

Also Dave - just seen W.E's Christmas vid of their new GBB (Rs)
The l85 has come on a loooong way.
It is far from finished, but it look brilliant. True, the colours are off - dull grey plastics and very shiny silvery (get your shades out! :lol: ) metals. But, it has the new A2 handguard (not the RIS grip, the re-designed version from 2006).
From what I've seen, W.E's future L85 look great. (Lets hope they do all 4 members of the family :lol: )

I've been converted. I love W.E!

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
i know this is really old etc. but i found this and i was wondering what you think? i know marcus won't like it because it is G&G :P

PS i used/tracked down this topic as i thought it would be stupid to make a new one...i wish i had thought about that at the time :P

Posted Image

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Would probably be fine not that I've heard much about it. As you can see from the 'reviews' the only thing people have complained about is slightly wobbly mags.

M_P

M_P

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7085 posts
If I ever see you with it, ill smash it against a tree.
trust me, I will, ask my cat :P

I don't get that dev- AK's are supposed to rattle lol

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
haha thanks dev, as for marcus...you are a disgrace to the mother land...*in FPSRussia voice* "and as always, have a nice day"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users