Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homemade Project

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ex-STAB-Inf

Ex-STAB-Inf

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Guns: None yet however: will be starting with a CA Sportline M4 and M1911 GBB

• Loadouts: Flecktarn and DPM clothing, Chest rig (DPM), 58 Webbing, PLCE
Okay i am fairly new to this game so i expect a lot of incoming and a ribbing however, I'm looking at making my own Pistol mag pouch out of canvas to fit 2x M1911 mags.

The canvas i will be using is a cannibalised British Army Kit Bag, and parts of a 1958 'Not so large' pack so its pretty heavy duty where it needs to be and is the right colour.

The idea is to use 'lift the dot' snaps for closing the pouch or heavy duty velcro depending on how it goes initialy. Also as i'm going to be using 58 webbing I shall be using the standard C clips or at a pinche ALICE clips to mount it on the belt (with a liberal helping of black nasty should I opt for the latter)

Only problem I have really is stitching the blasted stuff, I dont own a machine so it looks like i will be doing it by hand, so what really are the best needles and threads to be using for canvas? Also has anyone else been knocking up their own pouches?

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Ah this is where 2nd class seamanship (and yes i said seaman... grow up poeple) comes into play...

The best needles to use on canvas are sailmakers needle... there HUGE and very very sharp... the thing is if your tring to push through a needle into canvas your going to end up with the needle through your hand... you need a sailmakers palm to saftly push through the canvas

Dont ask me where the hell to get them... as i only use them at cadets.... but there deffently the way to go

G-Force

G-Force

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Okay i am fairly new to this game so i expect a lot of incoming and a ribbing however, I'm looking at making my own Pistol mag pouch out of canvas to fit 2x M1911 mags.

The canvas i will be using is a cannibalised British Army Kit Bag, and parts of a 1958 'Not so large' pack so its pretty heavy duty where it needs to be and is the right colour.

The idea is to use 'lift the dot' snaps for closing the pouch or heavy duty velcro depending on how it goes initialy. Also as i'm going to be using 58 webbing I shall be using the standard C clips or at a pinche ALICE clips to mount it on the belt (with a liberal helping of black nasty should I opt for the latter)

Only problem I have really is stitching the blasted stuff, I dont own a machine so it looks like i will be doing it by hand, so what really are the best needles and threads to be using for canvas? Also has anyone else been knocking up their own pouches?

don't use velcro it will get stuck to everything that moves
Saxon Airsoft's Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ft?feature=mhee

Ex-STAB-Inf

Ex-STAB-Inf

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Guns: None yet however: will be starting with a CA Sportline M4 and M1911 GBB

• Loadouts: Flecktarn and DPM clothing, Chest rig (DPM), 58 Webbing, PLCE
Just done a quick search for both on fleabay and amazon to check them out and they definatly look the way forward, even better as I live by the coast there are a couple of Chandleries close by so once all the Christmas shopping is done I'll have a good look in there to see if they have any in store :)

All I can really say is that it's going to be interesting how this turns out

Cheers JT

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's