Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GBB pistols, a couple questions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

brodie

brodie

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• Guns: JG H&K 416

• Loadouts: Lots..
Heya,

Not new to airsoft by any means, but I never owned a sidearm for skirmishes, and I kinda want one now.

So,

I have looked around a few shops (btw is redwolf any good? or is it best to stay local?).

Do all GBBs have a locking slide? (upon last round fired, slide stays back with breech open, whenwhich you can pop another mag in and hit the release catch, chambering another round).
It seems not specifically stated in any descriptions I have seen, so i thought maybe all GBBs have this feature..

Also, I wonder if you can recommend me a gun? It must be all-metal, i like the realism and absolutely hate creaky plastic stuff!
Models I like are M9 (m92fs in other words), m1911 variations, amt hardballer, hi-capa.

Does anyone have an all-metal GBB version of one of these with a locking slide/slide release feature? Can you link me to somewhere to buy one?

Thanks for your help :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
personally I would stay local, but RW are good guys, just be VERY aware of customs over here, they like to take anything gun shaped for no good reason. and price can be very high

erm, most GBB's have a slide lock, not all, so make sure you check if it is something you like.
look at the KWA PTW series guns, they have an m9 and 1911 in their series.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
I'd say try and stay local as possible. As far as I'm aware most GBB's do just lock as you have described.

If you like those models it's then really a case of what your budget is as to what we can suggest.

brodie

brodie

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

If you like those models it's then really a case of what your budget is as to what we can suggest.

Ok, say a budget of about 80-100, can I get a decent all-metal GBB for that? Preferably a brand that is fairly well established, so I can buy parts if something were to break..

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
not really, it isn't much more for one of the KWA's (around 120)
they are well established too

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

brodie

brodie

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

ugh so many of the sites i am looking at have no description at all, so i dont know whether they are all-metal. there isnt even a weight listed (which is usually a good indicator).

Found these:

http://www.wolfarmou...mp;id=GGB0305TM
http://www.zerooneai...roducts_id=1889
http://www.fire-supp...hw-system7-a921

All seem pretty pricey, with little to no details on them. I dont like parting with my cash when I have no idea what I am getting :unsure:

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
should have no problems with teh WE gun (zeroone)
not sure on the top one (wolf)
if you are going to double your budget, I would definatly reccommend the KWA's, plus you can then buy more mags for it.

brodie

brodie

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

should have no problems with teh WE gun (zeroone)
not sure on the top one (wolf)
if you are going to double your budget, I would definatly reccommend the KWA's, plus you can then buy more mags for it.

Yeah I agree, I am looking now at KWA's M9 PTP, and it really looks the D's B's.

KWA says it is built to be just like the real thing, all metal and field-strippable, with lock-back slide and everything. Found it here
http://www.surplusst...roducts_id/2956

for 130, which isnt bad. :D

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2372 posts
penny cheaper at airsoft world:
RIF version
two tone

brodie

brodie

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

penny cheaper at airsoft world:
RIF version
two tone

but the surplus shop has free shipping :P