Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Airsoft forums UK vs Zeroin forums

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Team Hatchet-Mags

Team Hatchet-Mags

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Guns: G&G M4A1

Classic Army Mp5a5
    (for sale 185 posted)

Mauser SR L96

KWA Glock 19

• Loadouts: Desert dpm
    Woodland dpm
First off this is like a mini review / comparison between the 2 forums.
Zero in forums seems alot larger than this one but when searching the forums it seems untidy and messy compared to airsoft forums need smart structure of categories with topics inside them.
User friendlyness is alot greater on airsoft forums UK as uploading pictures seems to never happen as a fault screne always appears, this fault screen appears everytime i try to enter the site log in or even upload pictures whereas airsoft forums uk is smooth clean and allows pictures to be uploaded with ease.
Moderators / Admins are power hungry arrogant people on Zeroin as i have had 2 threads blocked one because i put an album link in the post and the other because i mentioned i was starting an online store they presumed this as advertisment and i received warnings where as on airsoft forums uk dev will tell you what you need to change or he'll do it himself you can ask and admin to close a thread for you and is alot better service in all and encourages you to re use the forums.
also the forum rules on Zeroin are stupidly long and ridiculous to understand fully which causes the admins & mods to be ridiculously petty.
there is also alot more customisation features on airsoft forums UK allowing you to promote your website or team without having a mod block your topics.

Thanks
would like to see your thoughts on the 2 forums

but overall id give Zeroin forums a 2.5/5
and airsoft forums uk a 5/5 :)

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Nice to hear what you say :)

Think it is mostly true, however because they have been around a lot longer they do have a lot more members and more regulars, being the 'new' kids on the block we lack regular airsofters and tend to get mostly new players coming and asking for advice. So it's great when regulars like yourself stick around as it means the mod team etc aren't running round trying to answer everything.

Team Hatchet-Mags

Team Hatchet-Mags

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Classic Army Mp5a5
    (for sale 185 posted)

Mauser SR L96

KWA Glock 19

Woodland dpm

Nice to hear what you say :)

Think it is mostly true, however because they have been around a lot longer they do have a lot more members and more regulars, being the 'new' kids on the block we lack regular airsofters and tend to get mostly new players coming and asking for advice. So it's great when regulars like yourself stick around as it means the mod team etc aren't running round trying to answer everything.

yeah but im hopefully going to start my own store up properly in the next few months but if i cant use forums as support what can i do hahaha just wait for someone to type the address in lol but i for one will probably never use zeroin forums again after today only if someone posts on my 4th attempt topic ! never once had an admin tell me to change something just blocked and removed it falsing me to type it out again ..

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Well we don't allow advertising either.

It will always take a while to get traffic flowing. The reason we have been successful is the obvious domain name, and patience. I did very little advertising, just posting on Yahoo answers with people asking airsoft questions and posting a link to here. At the end of the day it's just competition and when you've worked hard to achieve the traffic you get, you don't want people coming along taking it easily and taking advantage of how much traffic there is.

Team Hatchet-Mags

Team Hatchet-Mags

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Classic Army Mp5a5
    (for sale 185 posted)

Mauser SR L96

KWA Glock 19

Woodland dpm

Well we don't allow advertising either.

It will always take a while to get traffic flowing. The reason we have been successful is the obvious domain name, and patience. I did very little advertising, just posting on Yahoo answers with people asking airsoft questions and posting a link to here. At the end of the day it's just competition and when you've worked hard to achieve the traffic you get, you don't want people coming along taking it easily and taking advantage of how much traffic there is.

yeah but my topic on gear for sale was classed as advertising on zeroin and i hadnt even mentioned my website ..

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Fair enough.. it's pretty well known that the majority of airsoft forums are much the same (with out of hand mods etc), so we aim to be different :)

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
plus, this seems to be a running theme - big forum mods are power hungry.
whilst we aren't the biggest forum in the UK, we are by far one of the most friendly and relaxed

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
Haha, i would seriouly laugh if somebody from Zero in/Zero one forums made a similar post, but trashing Airsoft Forums,
well i personally think, though it has a smaller population, AIRSOFT FORUMS is waay better!! :D

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

B00ts

B00ts

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• Guns: 2 star m4
    glock 18c
    Deagle

Fair enough.. it's pretty well known that the majority of airsoft forums are much the same (with out of hand mods etc), so we aim to be different :)

i hear you there, a certain airsoft forum which requires 100 posts to see in to there sales room have got some very power hungry monkeys .

Had a week off work so i set about reaching the 100 posts in a short space of time , didn't start any new posts just replied( i thought helpfully) to the exsisting

threads . Took some going managed the 100+ posts then had the lot taken away WITHOUT argument because one of the MODS said i was spamming . :huh:

havn't been on there since .

ps there was nothing in there presious sale bit anyway .
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

djmarine

djmarine

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

• Guns: TM SD5
    MARUZEN APS-2

• Loadouts: Crye Precision

i hear you there, a certain airsoft forum which requires 100 posts to see in to there sales room have got some very power hungry monkeys .

Had a week off work so i set about reaching the 100 posts in a short space of time , didn't start any new posts just replied( i thought helpfully) to the exsisting

threads . Took some going managed the 100+ posts then had the lot taken away WITHOUT argument because one of the MODS said i was spamming . :huh:

havn't been on there since .

ps there was nothing in there presious sale bit anyway .

Hi all, being a new guy on here, ive found this place very helpful and to be honest everyone has been great! im a ole skool airsofter since 2002 and getting back to my roots again but never bothered with forums really but joined this one and found it to be very good, i dunno much about the other forum but they dont seem to have a great attitude to peoples opinions , but sometimes ive found that on certain other fishing forums which is really frustrating!!! anyhow keep up the good work chaps!!!! and hopefully might see a few of you playing at our 15 acres site one day!!!

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts

Hi all, being a new guy on here, ive found this place very helpful and to be honest everyone has been great! im a ole skool airsofter since 2002 and getting back to my roots again but never bothered with forums really but joined this one and found it to be very good, i dunno much about the other forum but they dont seem to have a great attitude to peoples opinions , but sometimes ive found that on certain other fishing forums which is really frustrating!!! anyhow keep up the good work chaps!!!! and hopefully might see a few of you playing at our 15 acres site one day!!!

That's great to hear. It really brightens up my day when we get comments like this! :D

Where do you play? I'm sure you may see some of us about some time.

Most of all let those at your site know about us so we can continue to grow :)

djmarine

djmarine

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

• Guns: TM SD5
    MARUZEN APS-2

• Loadouts: Crye Precision

That's great to hear. It really brightens up my day when we get comments like this! :D

Where do you play? I'm sure you may see some of us about some time.

Most of all let those at your site know about us so we can continue to grow :)

Yer welcome bud! i got my own private 15 acre site which my friend lets me use, i run a club for the lads its a members only thing at the moe and just a small fee (keep the landowner sweet)to come play on this woodland which we have up in north wales, so most of the members will be pointed to this forum anyhow!!

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN
Excellent news djmarine!

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

• Guns: we desert warrior
dunno how old this thread is but for advertising couldn't you go to air soft skirmish sites and ask if there admin can put ya web address as their signature. we did it for another forum based site i run (none air soft) and we got our members up by 15% from around 3700 to 4255 people after 5 months of asking other charities to advertise us on the bottom of their adverts.

MZKaleem

MZKaleem

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

• Guns: ICS L85, ICS M4, CYMA AK105, TM G36c, A&K M249 Para, WE MP5A5, FNX .45, KJW P226.

• Loadouts: UK Police and Contemporary British Army kit.

• Sites: Gunman Eversley
    Red 1 Airsoft - The School
    Reforger Airsoft
    The Mall
dunno if charities would advertise a "sport" that includes boys/girls running around the woods with toy guns? lol

It's ares, it'll be ok...

for 5 minutes :lol:

Posted Image

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

the other site i run is a lgbt site. and other lgbt charities advertise us. couldnt you use other airsoft sites to put your web address on their profiles.

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Generally these other sites are competitors, or would require a link back. I'm trying to keep the forum as clean from advertisements and links off to other places as possible. That way it's far nicer to browse.

airsofterboy

airsofterboy

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

• Guns: KJW M700 gas sniper,
    WE gas blow back m4,
    Tokyo marui mk23 socom
    Tokyo marui mp7

• Loadouts: MTP multi cam
The mods on zeroin give you a warning for anything it's so annoying !
Armoury
KJW M700 gas sniper,
WE gas blow back m4,
Tokyo marui mk23 socom
Tokyo marui mp7

tashidalek

tashidalek

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

i think zeroin forums are messy and they also have alot of bad sellers who send payment and don't send items or vise versa. i also think zeroin are run by a group of people who believe censorship is the key.

sarni307

sarni307

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

• Guns: Jg g36c
    Ics l85a2
    DE m56
    jg mp5 navy
    well mp7
    TM glock 17

• Loadouts: usual stuff woodland dpms etc
i ocasionaly go on zeroin but only to look at there classifieds section nothing else. i used a football forum aswell and it used to be the same format as zeroin they soon got rid of it as it is really messy.
Paintball... For men who enjoy other men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users