Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is this true

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

mattswan2512

mattswan2512

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

• Guns: SYSTEMA M4 MAX
    ICS M4A1 CARBINE
    KWA Glock 18c
    G&G Pistol M4
    Franchi SAS 12 Shorty

• Loadouts: black cqb gear + black molle vest
    BDPM kit inc sas smock + bdpm viper vest

• Sites: Combat south woodland- Wickham
    First and Only The Mall- Reading
    UCAP Bunker- Portsdown Hill
Section 36 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act makes it an offence to sell, manufacture or import a realistic imitation firearm.

Buying (while over 18) and ownership are not effected at all by the VCRA.

To answer the OP's question, yes, it IS LEGAL for someone to be GIVEN a gift of a RIF by someone who was eligible to get one. In this case the person receiving the gift is not selling, manufacturing or importing (or buying while under 18) so there is no conflict with the VCRA.

Sounds daft, I know, but it's a poorly planned piece of knee-jerk legislation...

So if i understand this i could give a mate a RIF that he could play with on a site with no worries? and then i could charge him over the top for some work in the future according to this and not be breaking any laws? <_<
If You Miss The First Time Switch To Auto

Matt!

Matt!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: L119A1

• Loadouts: DDPM, DPM, OD, TAN

Section 36 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act makes it an offence to sell, manufacture or import a realistic imitation firearm.

Buying (while over 18) and ownership are not effected at all by the VCRA.

To answer the OP's question, yes, it IS LEGAL for someone to be GIVEN a gift of a RIF by someone who was eligible to get one. In this case the person receiving the gift is not selling, manufacturing or importing (or buying while under 18) so there is no conflict with the VCRA.

Sounds daft, I know, but it's a poorly planned piece of knee-jerk legislation...

So if i understand this i could give a mate a RIF that he could play with on a site with no worries? and then i could charge him over the top for some work in the future according to this and not be breaking any laws? <_<

he couldn't keep the RIF in his possession, but he can rent the RIF off you at the game site no problem.

Posted Image

New To Airsoft? | Transporting RIF's?

{C}
QUOTE (Devastator)
Welcome to the forums :)

mattswan2512

mattswan2512

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

ICS M4A1 CARBINE
    KWA Glock 18c
    G&G Pistol M4
    Franchi SAS 12 Shorty

he couldn't keep the RIF in his possession, but he can rent the RIF off you at the game site no problem.
This cant be true as my friend aron has a m4 pre ukara and can keep the weapon on and of the site

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Yer thats PRE VCR act it dosent effect RiFs bought before the VCR Act was brought into power

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
actually, I was on the UKARA wesbite the other day and I quote (hence the quotation)

Gifting a RIF does not appear to be a problem and all seems above board and legal

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

mattswan2512

mattswan2512

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

ICS M4A1 CARBINE
    KWA Glock 18c
    G&G Pistol M4
    Franchi SAS 12 Shorty

Yes thats what i read also.
I thibk some people can get a bit to carried away with this law as it is not a major problem because if it was there would not be so many loop holes!
Its kind of like speeding we know 70 is top but we all go faster when overtaking and unless its exesive the police dont mind!

The thing is i would gift a friend a rif if i knew it was to be used at a site!

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2373 posts
exactly. i have no problem GIFTING (to someone I know and trust will use it sensibly) a rif, but i wouldnt buy someone a rif under my name.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users