Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mega interested

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

*BurnleyGirl*

*BurnleyGirl*

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there guys

I was talking to a guy yesterday who was into Airsoft and as he was explaining what it was I started to really like the idea and wouldnt mind getting into it. Could you guys help me out as to how to start out, and also are there many women that do Airsoft?

Cheers

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
Hi there, and welcome to the forum! :)
Before I start, I must ask you - have you ever beaten and survived a serious addiction before?

I'll be honest, whilst I have seen women airsofters - they are far, far outnumbered by the guys. I've seen about 10 female airsofters over the past year and a half.

As to starting out - have a look around on the net to see if there is any specific camo you like, the same goes for gear. Whilst an accurate, 1:1 of the British Army might sound like a fun thing to do - its expensive, and at times, uncomfortable to wear for a day of playing. And, you may find a camo pattern you think looks better.

You'll need to either buy a 2tone gun, have 3 skirmishes then get it made realistic/replace it. Or rent a gun for those 3 games. But once again, have a look around for guns (and extras) that you like the look of.

Once again, welcome!
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

Laird Benjy

Laird Benjy

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
I would recommend checking out Airbana its an online map of all the airsoft sites in the UK. Find your nearest and contact them.
Then go along and enjoy yourself.

Most airsofters are friendly and helpful and will be happy to help you with your questions and enquiries. (Especially as you are a woman).

bobbling

bobbling

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Guns: TM Fn 5-7

Hiya Burnley!! :D

*BurnleyGirl*

*BurnleyGirl*

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the help guys

bobbling... my mates call me Burnley do you know me? (I know my user name is burnleygirl)

what is the best type of gun to start out with guys and do I have to join a milsim or can i just join a group and havefun?

Devastator

Devastator

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4298 posts
Welcome to the forums :)

Depends if you are wanting to jump right in or do the 3 games in no less than 2 months and become registered. It really is worth doing this as you then get much more choice, it also means you can go along and check out what everyone else has and see what you like the idea of best, theres nothing better than actually holding something and feeling the weight etc rather than looking at a picture on the internet.

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Welcome :)

Hubert

Hubert

AF-UK Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

• Guns: Currently playing with:
    Walther PPK & P99 with suppressor, SIG-Sauer P228
    W.E. L85 & SUSAT

• Loadouts: FBI/ NYPD Detective.
    Generic soldier 2007+
What Dev said.
But, avoid snipers.

At all costs, avoid snipers.
It is no-where near as much fun as people think (from films/games/etc)

Go down to an open day at a skirmish site and rent a gun. Most sites either use H&KG36 (usually C type) or some form of Kalashnikov.
After that, have a look and see if there is any type of gun you like. Have a look at firesupport for various brands of guns and models.
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt: run in little circles, wave your arms and shout
- Parody of the Litany of Command, popular with Commissar cadets.

*BurnleyGirl*

*BurnleyGirl*

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Have had a look at some things of the internet sites but like you say its hard to get the feel for it when its just on the internet!
What are the hand pistols like as I am quite interested in the Glocks and items like these. Are they any good???

Team Hatchet-Mags

Team Hatchet-Mags

AF-UK Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

• Guns: G&G M4A1

Classic Army Mp5a5
    (for sale 185 posted)

Mauser SR L96

KWA Glock 19

• Loadouts: Desert dpm
    Woodland dpm

Have had a look at some things of the internet sites but like you say its hard to get the feel for it when its just on the internet!
What are the hand pistols like as I am quite interested in the Glocks and items like these. Are they any good???

i have had a glock 19 for close to 5 years very reliable and very good and nice feel and only cost 60

bobbling

bobbling

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• Guns: TM Fn 5-7

thanks for the help guys

bobbling... my mates call me Burnley do you know me? (I know my user name is burnleygirl)

Nah, I don't know ya, I'm just lazy, :P

wartyg1

wartyg1

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

• Guns: M92 pistol,smith and wesson m3000

• Loadouts: Dpms
well you don't have to avoid sniping i enjoy it but that depends...

and welcome

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)
Well 99% of the time new players dont have the diserpline or patence to be a Sniper

Nightl4nc3

Nightl4nc3

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
welcome welcome :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users