Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

WTB: GBB M14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Brokenhal0

Brokenhal0

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hi , im new here so pls dont get to technical on my Arse
Im looking for a gbb m14 ... i now they were available about 6 /7 years ago through UNCOMPANY and AEX and thats about all i know ...

Im looking for any info and just maybe the rifle itself .. I would be looking to buy for skirmishing with, so condition may affect the price but not the playability . i belive that this is the propper way to love these items.

Also looking for mags for said same ...

Thanx for your time reading guys

Oath

Oath

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Im looking for a gbb m14

A noble quest certainly. You say you're new, well I just feel that I ought to warn you, firstly you may have more luck searching for hens teeth, but there may be a few around.
These will now really be more collector’s items than anything else, and even second hand will almost certainly retail for well over £1000. IF you can actually find anyone that is willing to sell.

Also, although I agree with the sentiment that airsoft guns are there to be skirmished, be aware that it will not perform as well as an even slightly upgraded TM M14. Which will be less than a quarter of the cost. The performance difference is mainly because it's gas. When using gas, it is the pressure of the gas that dictates the fps, and as gas pressure is so temperature dependant (especially with low pressure gases like propane (green gas)), the fps will change significantly.

This reduces accuracy enormously. Accuracy is generally a product of two things, range and consistency. Range is due to the hop up, and this is set dependant on the weight of the bb, and on the fps. So if the fps is changing, the hop up will not be totally correctly set. This of course reduces consistency, thus again reducing accuracy.

Yes, gbb is immensely good fun, but there are serious issues to contend with, and the fact that you are running around with thousands of pounds worth of kit, and without readily available spares, when (not if) something breaks (as with use, every gun will break some time), it will be very difficult to replace, and you will have a very expensive paper weight.

So, although I would love to have a gbb m14 (as would pretty much everyone on this forum), as a new player, it might be wise to look at an AEG.

Finally, if you are desperate to have a GBB rifle, it might be worth looking at the WE/WA GBB m4 range, and potentially put a SPR (which is an extended sniper version) front end on. This would be more sensible as the spares are still produced, and it takes many standard AEG components (thus accuracy can be improved), not to mention that it is WAY cheaper to buy in the first place, and can be bought new.

Pheeww, hope something in there was helpful =)

Oath

Brokenhal0

Brokenhal0

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanx for taking the time to help dude.. more than most would . so cheers

when i said i was new ..i meant to the Classic Airsoft scene and im a little out of my depth in some of the systems they run . I have been playing for a few years now ..so my appologies for not making it clearer .

I love my M14s and have a few heavily modified TM/G+P respectivly.

I have had both the WE and THE WA GBBs and sold them on... their not bad TBH reaching the range of most aegs ... but this is beautiful
http://www.uncompany...asp?prodid=4493

Im gonna find one of these and then someone will bring one out knowing my luck ;)

andrewmabbett

andrewmabbett

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i have a m14 you can have it it can also include a m203 for a brilliant price of £200 posted

thanks

Andy

ny no. 07552909664

hazbo

hazbo

AF-UK Starter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

• Guns: 2 tone m 14 socom

• Loadouts: lots of it

hi , im new here so pls dont get to technical on my Arse
Im looking for a gbb m14 ... i now they were available about 6 /7 years ago through UNCOMPANY and AEX and thats about all i know ...

Im looking for any info and just maybe the rifle itself .. I would be looking to buy for skirmishing with, so condition may affect the price but not the playability . i belive that this is the propper way to love these items.

Also looking for mags for said same ...

Thanx for your time reading guys

i know its probable not what you want but i have an agm 2 tone m 14 that fires like a beast it is very powerful and acurate and you can have it for 60 pounds (bit more if posted)
please reply

JerseyRider

JerseyRider

AF-UK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

• Guns: JG M4 S-system
    JG M4 CQB
    CYMA Glock 18C

• Loadouts: British DPM's
    Warrior R.I.C.A.S Compact (OD)