Welcome to Airsoft Forums UK
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ICS MP5 SD

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Stuart

Stuart

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Guns: ICS MP5 SD2
Hello Gents

Looking for some advice here i have an ICS MP5 SD the hard stock version. I now want to convert it to a folding stock version.

Q. Will i have to completley replace the gear box with a front porting battery lead ?

OR can i make do with the existing gear box ? if so what do i need to do ?

Thx guys

Spit n Polish

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
If you take the gearbox out of the gun you will see the wires leading from the back.
on the front of the gearbox is a small hole, just below the air nozzle and somewhere near the trigger assembly.

take the gearbox apart (carefully) and re-route the wires from the back to be protruding from the front.
sounds simple, But best do it on a light sheet incase any small bits jump out at you, it is also quite fiddly.

may also be a good occasion to clean everything and shim it all up nice and new.

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

Stuart

Stuart

AF-UK Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Guns: ICS MP5 SD2

If you take the gearbox out of the gun you will see the wires leading from the back.
on the front of the gearbox is a small hole, just below the air nozzle and somewhere near the trigger assembly.

take the gearbox apart (carefully) and re-route the wires from the back to be protruding from the front.
sounds simple, But best do it on a light sheet incase any small bits jump out at you, it is also quite fiddly.

may also be a good occasion to clean everything and shim it all up nice and new.

Thanks that sounds quiet an easy task, i did wonder if that little gap was for something, let you know how i get on.

Ta

Stuart

Rock-climby-Dave

Rock-climby-Dave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2374 posts
haha, it SOUNDS easy. When I tried it on a knackered gearbox, sh*t hit the fan quite quickly :P

Send the doctors home, I'll be doing the operating around here.

Resident Patrol Base Techy, any questions about PB, message me and I'll do my best to answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users